Total War: WARHAMMER III - Tamurkhan, The Maggot Lord Gameplay Showcase

Copied to clipboard!
6 months ago
Apr 10, 2024, 3:53:58 PM

"Tanky, disgusting, inevitable."

Get a closer look (but not too close ?) at Thrones of Decay's glorious Maggot Lord in our Tamurkhan gameplay showcase!

0Send private message
6 months ago
Apr 11, 2024, 3:29:23 PM

I don't like the reduced wound recovery times. There are plenty of other LLs who abuse quick recovery times to turn the ganme into a whack-a-mole simulator - Karl Franz in ME was a classic example of this. IMO it should be a serious set back if your faction leader is eliminated. A recovery time of a minimum of 15-20 turns would be ideal...

However the game is now bloated with OP LHs and LLs... so, I guess it is largely irrelevant now.

0Send private message
6 months ago
Apr 11, 2024, 3:31:29 PM
Bobsyourankle#7897 wrote:
I don't like the reduced wound recovery times. There are plenty of other LLs who abuse quick recovery times to turn the ganme into a whack-a-mole simulator - Karl Franz in ME was a classic example of this. IMO it should be a serious set back if your faction leader is eliminated. A recovery time of a minimum of 15-20 turns would be ideal...

Sounds like you should focus on eliminating the faction then.

0Send private message
6 months ago
Apr 11, 2024, 4:07:00 PM

I'm really not a fan of the constant power creep that comes with every DLC. It really dampens the hype for new content as the only thing you can do to avoid it is "dur just don't use it". And even stuff like reducing wound recovery making losing a LL in battle irrelevant.

On a positive note, unlike SoC, the units in this DLC actually looks good even if I have misgivings over Nurgle Chaos Lord's weapon choice. This is a $25 DLC that looks closer to it's price unlike the previous.

Updated 6 months ago.
0Send private message
6 months ago
Apr 11, 2024, 4:16:00 PM
GreenColoured#3418 wrote:

I'm really not a fan of the constant power creep that comes with every DLC. It really dampens the hype for new content as the only thing you can do to avoid it is "dur just don't use it". And even stuff like reducing wound recovery making losing a LL in battle irrelevant.

On a positive note, unlike SoC, the units in this DLC actually looks good even if I have misgivings over Nurgle Chaos Lord's weapon choice. This is a $25 DLC that looks closer to it's price unlike the previous.

The concillation I take from this is CA do seem to like nerfing new units / LL post release.

Ostanka got nerfed, Askina got nerfed, even the Changeling got slightly nerfed. But agreed the power creep these days is mad.

Updated 6 months ago.
0Send private message
6 months ago
Apr 11, 2024, 4:20:46 PM
AxiosXiphos#9040 wrote:

The concillation I take from this is CA do seem to like nerfing new units / LL post release.

Ostanka got nerfed, Askina got nerfed, even the Changeling got slightly nerfed. But agreed the power creep these days is mad.

Yeah, power creep SUCKs

0Send private message
6 months ago
Apr 11, 2024, 4:31:37 PM

LOVE IT TAMURKHAN GONN BE SO MUCH FUN!

0Send private message
6 months ago
Apr 11, 2024, 4:33:33 PM
AxiosXiphos#9040 wrote:

They do balance units yes but they almost never look at the campaign specific powercreep which is the biggest issue.

0Send private message
6 months ago
Apr 11, 2024, 4:43:56 PM

Don't know if you can answer this but will the Ogre Kingdoms get access to Plague Ogres? Afterall Chaos Ogres and their variants are accepted in Ogre society.

0Send private message
6 months ago
Apr 11, 2024, 4:48:54 PM

Mentioned elsewhere, but I like that the sieges look like they might actually be a bit more like sieges in 5.0 and not "lay siege for 2 turns of attrition and then AR it". The chieftain mechanic seems interesting (Though will say them being heroes in regular armies makes their position as "chieftains" feel a bit off, but is still cool). The plagues look way better and appear to still offer some customization without being the same couple symptoms like before. All in all looks great, and I love that Tamurkhan has a foot option and isn't force onto a mount.

0Send private message
0Send private message
6 months ago
Apr 11, 2024, 4:57:19 PM
AxiosXiphos#9040 wrote:

They nerf units sometimes yes. But they're grossly neglectful when it comes to everything campaign related. Ostyanka for instance can literally eliminate an entire army without even engaging in combat.

Changeling is still impossible to lose with unless you go out of your way to commit suicide 

Beastmen is still soulcrushingly easy as is WoC post both of their reworks

Updated 6 months ago.
0Send private message
6 months ago
Apr 11, 2024, 5:04:49 PM

I love it. I really like that devs are telling us about the changes and their thoughts that’s top marketing here. 

0Send private message
0Send private message
6 months ago
Apr 11, 2024, 5:36:37 PM

It would be nice if announcement for TOD appear on the Blog page of the web site and not only be buried into the News section of the forum...

In addition, I am not very fan of abstract art... I know that clean refined design is currently fashionable (e.g. tile design from W8, etc) but I prefer figuratif design. I just spend the last few hours to figure how the new pink unit card for Nurgle Sorcerer should reflet any sorcerer. At the end I suppose that the two mountains draws refect the hulking mutant slaves and that the round draw figures the sorcerer it-self... Am I right CA?  And it even look like we will have a RoR Nurgle Sorcerer topped by a charriot... On the other side, I like quite well the "Prometeus humanoid alien" unit card which appear 4 times in the Tamurkhan traits.

That said it was a nice Gameplay Showcase...

0Send private message
6 months ago
Apr 11, 2024, 6:00:14 PM

Is anyone else raising an eyebrow that a Chaos Dwarf is marked by one of the main four? Aren't Chorfs exclusively for Hashut? If not then can there be marked Chorfs in the future?

0Send private message
6 months ago
Apr 11, 2024, 6:02:22 PM
mbaox#2706 wrote:

It would be nice if announcement for TOD appear on the Blog page of the web site and not only be buried into the News section of the forum...

In addition, I am not very fan of abstract art... I know that clean refined design is currently fashionable (e.g. tile design from W8, etc) but I prefer figuratif design. I just spend the last few hours to figure how the new pink unit card for Nurgle Sorcerer should reflet any sorcerer. At the end I suppose that the two mountains draws refect the hulking mutant slaves and that the round draw figures the sorcerer it-self... Am I right CA?  And it even look like we will have a RoR Nurgle Sorcerer topped by a charriot... On the other side, I like quite well the "Prometeus humanoid alien" unit card which appear 4 times in the Tamurkhan traits.

That said it was a nice Gameplay Showcase...

Those unit cards are WIP placeholders. The showcase video would have been recorded quite some time ago.

0Send private message
6 months ago
Apr 11, 2024, 6:06:51 PM
MODIDDLY1#9212 wrote:
not "lay siege for 2 turns of attrition and then AR it".

Lol, and how do you propose to stop me?

0Send private message
6 months ago
Apr 11, 2024, 6:09:41 PM
DarthEnderX-#6513 wrote:
MODIDDLY1#9212 wrote:
not "lay siege for 2 turns of attrition and then AR it".

Lol, and how do you propose to stop me?

If attrition doesn't start instantly, you actually get a chance to use the siege equipment you build.

0Send private message
6 months ago
Apr 11, 2024, 6:31:34 PM
Mr-Vorn#1203 wrote:
Those unit cards are WIP placeholders

Surely... however there are probably better WIP placeholder to make a Gameplay Showcase (like the "Prometeus humanoid alien" which is less flashy).

Updated 6 months ago.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment