First DLC with no RoC content - what do you think?

Copied to clipboard!
3 days ago
Oct 19, 2024, 4:23:41 PM

Considering that RoC usually was the narrative side of campaigns, even tho recent DLCs added some narrative elements to IE as well, what do you think the new IE campaigns will look like? Will there be a narrative for the DLC factions?

I certainly would like that - actual goals are much better than another "Attack 30 settlements" victory conditions.

0Send private message
3 days ago
Oct 19, 2024, 6:31:38 PM

I'm in a minority,  but I'm disappointed I enjoyed the shorter narrative campaigns in both the Vortex and RoC maps. I quite liked three of the four realms of Chaos as map areas too.

0Send private message
3 days ago
Oct 19, 2024, 7:22:34 PM

DrJammat#8325 wrote:

I'm in a minority,  but I'm disappointed I enjoyed the shorter narrative campaigns in both the Vortex and RoC maps. I quite liked three of the four realms of Chaos as map areas too.

I am in another minority, I enjoyed the Vortex and RoC maps, but with no narrative, I find them nearly unplayable without mods to turn off the narrative but the AI is often broken without the narrative guiding them. 

0Send private message
3 days ago
Oct 19, 2024, 8:54:02 PM

I liked playing on smaller map - IMO it's pointless to simulate wars between leaders I won't ever meet in my game, just because "BrO iTs BiGgEr MaP sO iTs BeTtEr"

Mother Ostankya in RoC was really fun and thematic and I like her more on that map than on IE.

However, I didn't like the curved shape of RoC map, and needless to say - I hated the narrative race to the bear.

I understand why devs decided to focus on IE and I have no problem with that. If that means they will work a bit faster, then even better. I would still love to get smaller maps in the future, but it's not the priority now.

Just FFS, move mother Ostankya on IE, it's so bad right now! 

0Send private message
3 days ago
Oct 19, 2024, 8:55:44 PM

TK were better in the Vortex than in the Mortal Empires. Change my mind. 

Bigger Southland was awesome.

Same for CD. No racing, more detailed map.

Updated 3 days ago.
0Send private message
3 days ago
Oct 19, 2024, 10:07:11 PM

I'm personally happy. Haven't gone back to RoC since I played it once and unlocked Boris. I want the full experience so I'm glad we are focusing and putting all the resources into Immortal Empires.

0Send private message
3 days ago
Oct 19, 2024, 10:37:37 PM

RoC was hot garbage and should have never been implemented.

0Send private message
0Send private message
3 days ago
Oct 19, 2024, 11:33:55 PM

Wood_Sprite#1284 wrote:
Considering that RoC usually was the narrative side of campaigns, even tho recent DLCs added some narrative elements to IE as well, what do you think the new IE campaigns will look like? Will there be a narrative for the DLC factions?

I don’t think anything will change, and that they cut this content just to reduce workload to put out content. I’m curious if they even will keep the fancy cutscenes.

0Send private message
3 days ago
Oct 19, 2024, 11:37:11 PM

So will we then get the DLC for a cheaper price? After all, we get less campaigns and the devs will have to spent less time and resources on developing said campaigns.

If the price stays the same it's plain price-gouging no matter how apologists might claim that "no one" played on the RoC map.

0Send private message
3 days ago
Oct 19, 2024, 11:53:16 PM

TainBoCuailinge#8335 wrote:
So will we then get the DLC for a cheaper price?

No, we are getting more interim patches instead.

0Send private message
3 days ago
Oct 20, 2024, 12:53:23 AM

So will we then get the DLC for a cheaper price? After all, we get less campaigns and the devs will have to spent less time and resources on developing said campaigns.

No.  The dev resources they were spending on RoC are probably what's paying for the larger between patches instead.

0Send private message
2 days ago
Oct 20, 2024, 6:57:30 AM

Patches are not paid content If the DLC has less content I see no reason to pay the same price for it. If a supermarket asks for four bucks for a loaf of bread, then makes the loaf half as big yet asks for four bucks still, them keeping the store clean and the shelves neat doesn't justify the price.

0Send private message
2 days ago
Oct 20, 2024, 7:06:22 AM

Patches are not paid content If the DLC has less content I see no reason to pay the same price for it. If a supermarket asks for four bucks for a loaf of bread, then makes the loaf half as big yet asks for four bucks still, them keeping the store clean and the shelves neat doesn't justify the price.

Even the patches are fueled by DLC money. And these interims are certainly worth it, together with large quality DLCs.

0Send private message
2 days ago
Oct 20, 2024, 7:20:56 AM

TheWattman#7460 wrote:

Even the patches are fueled by DLC money. And these interims are certainly worth it, together with large quality DLCs.

Less content means I'll pay less. I don't give a flying damn about what doing regular patches cost them, I only care about what I get for my money. Excusing it with more patches is invalid because more frequent patching also happened for various other TWs without coming with a DLC price increase.

Also, you are aware you are paying premium not for patches anyway but for Pharao failing, right? Pharao was supposed to be their other monetary pillar for at least one or two years, but it became a casualty of the SoC fallout, so now that money has to come from somewhere else.

0Send private message
2 days ago
Oct 20, 2024, 7:47:21 AM

I don't give a flying damn about what doing regular patches cost them

You're posting about it.  So clearly you do.

0Send private message
0Send private message
2 days ago
Oct 20, 2024, 8:12:42 AM

Less content means I'll pay less. I don't give a flying damn about what doing regular patches cost them, I only care about what I get for my money. Excusing it with more patches is invalid because more frequent patching also happened for various other TWs without coming with a DLC price increase.

Also, you are aware you are paying premium not for patches anyway but for Pharao failing, right? Pharao was supposed to be their other monetary pillar for at least one or two years, but it became a casualty of the SoC fallout, so now that money has to come from somewhere else.

Pharaoh was doomed on its own from the beginning, not because of the SoC disaster. In any case, you are also paying for the patches, which are now meatier than ever, with content previously only seen in the DLCs themselves. Its more content than ever for your money. And part of the DLC price increase is due to inflation.

0Send private message
2 days ago
Oct 20, 2024, 8:37:22 AM

Thank God they finally got around to putting RoC out of its misery. What where they thinking ever implementing it at all? What a waste of dev time.

0Send private message
2 days ago
Oct 20, 2024, 8:46:11 AM

I would buy a half loaf for 4$ from clean store but I will not buy a whole loaf for 4$ from filthy store. Just saying. 

Patches are paid - people who made them are paid. We paid them by buying DLC. 

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment