I don't think Khorne and Greenskins will get proper reworks in next DLC, and that's okay.

Copied to clipboard!
3 days ago
Oct 19, 2024, 10:41:05 AM

Their campaigns are actually quite good already. A few updates and options to existing mechanics would be fine tbh. Hopefully all the 'Rework' budget goes toward Ogres and fleshing out old Legendary Lords who could use some attention. Excited to see what they do with Wurrzag.

I'm also super hyped for the *potential* new Bretonnia updates next week.

Updated 3 days ago.
0Send private message
3 days ago
Oct 19, 2024, 11:34:55 AM
I agree that Ogres should be the main focus, but individual updates to the various Greenskins such as Wurrzag would definetly be in order. Skarsnik (+Belegar/Queek) getting a proper K8P experience for example.

Also, did they actually say that Bretonnia was due for 5.3 or was that just another thing they wanted to look at going forward?
0Send private message
3 days ago
Oct 19, 2024, 12:12:31 PM

They don't need a rework, just a general toning down of their campaign mechanics so you can't win a Skarbrand campaign in eight turns.

0Send private message
3 days ago
Oct 19, 2024, 12:15:03 PM

TheWattman#7460 wrote:
I agree that Ogres should be the main focus, but individual updates to the various Greenskins such as Wurrzag would definetly be in order. Skarsnik (+Belegar/Queek) getting a proper K8P experience for example.

Also, did they actually say that Bretonnia was due for 5.3 or was that just another thing they wanted to look at going forward?

Another thing they wanted to look at going forward. We have no concrete info about what 5.3 will be heralding.

0Send private message
3 days ago
Oct 19, 2024, 12:37:28 PM

Their Race mechanics are already solid.  They just need more variety in their Faction mechanics.

Grimgor shouldn't play anything like Skarsnik, who shouldn't play anything like Wurrzag, etc.

0Send private message
3 days ago
Oct 19, 2024, 1:01:48 PM

Really hope CA update the heads on the Stone Trolls and give them a proper unique goofy eared and long nosed look like their miniatures. Now is the perfect time to fix that half job recolour effort.

0Send private message
3 days ago
Oct 19, 2024, 1:52:24 PM

Let’s imagine a new mount for Greasus giving justice to its wealth like the beatiful sled of Katarin we got in SoC !

And indeed,  no guarantee on Bretonia,  but there was also Kislev rework that was mentioned...

0Send private message
3 days ago
Oct 19, 2024, 2:31:23 PM

I love how Greenskins play

the WAAGH! Rework was really good and so was the scrap system

Never really could get into Khorne but i hope the DLC give them some interesting stuff so i can give it another go

Ogre kingdoms were one of the 3 races i looked forward to the most when WH3 released but CA's implementation of the mechanics killed it for me

Those camps paired with my disappointment over Greasus performance made is so just thinking about trying them made me bored

Really hope they focus on making the Ogres fun to play with new/revamped mechanics

0Send private message
a day ago
Oct 21, 2024, 10:08:02 AM

I disagree, im confident that GS will get reworks and they absolutely should get them. I wouldn't say they 'need' them, because they're currently still fun, but if you look at their current mechanics, there's so much potential to make them better

1. Gork vs Mork mechanic - non existent
  2. Azhag Crown of Nagash mechanic - non existent
  3. Skarsnik 'sneaky' mechanic - non existent
  4. Grimgor 'da biggest' mechanic - non existent
  5. Wurrzag savage orc mechanic - non existent
  6. Scrap mechanic - limited especially in the late game
  7. Waagh mechanic - limited in the late game

All of these mechanics can be improved. Something like scrap can be improved relatively simply by adding more options and having tiers. Waagh mechanic i think is a little trickier to make it dynamic and fun into the late game. 

Skarnik i would do something to make him feel more ambushy and Grimgor, give him something that makes him more of a melee powerhouse for every enemy LL he defeats. Something along those lines for all the GS LLS

0Send private message
a day ago
Oct 21, 2024, 10:19:36 AM

Theo91#7431 wrote:

I disagree, im confident that GS will get reworks and they absolutely should get them. I wouldn't say they 'need' them, because they're currently still fun, but if you look at their current mechanics, there's so much potential to make them better

All of these mechanics can be improved. Something like scrap can be improved relatively simply by adding more options and having tiers. Waagh mechanic i think is a little trickier to make it dynamic and fun into the late game. 

Skarnik i would do something to make him feel more ambushy and Grimgor, give him something that makes him more of a melee powerhouse for every enemy LL he defeats. Something along those lines for all the GS LLS

Unlikely, they aren't going to get a mechanic for every lord.

They were almost certainly chosen because they just need some tweaks so the budget can go to the ogres who need a big overhaul.

0Send private message
a day ago
Oct 21, 2024, 10:27:29 AM

General_Hijalti#1213 wrote:

Theo91#7431 wrote:

They were almost certainly chosen because they just need some tweaks so the budget can go to the ogres who need a big overhaul.

TOD had multiple overhauls. The biggest one was for the Dwarfs and i'd guess the OK rework won't be significantly more than what the Dwarfs got. There was still budget left in ToD to overhaul Gelt and KF and Nurgle as a whole. I fully expect GS and Khorne to get something good too - they've had 7 months to work on it!

I fully expect CA to deliver some quality content because it should be clear to them now that when they make good content (eg ToD) their stock goes up more than when they make bad content (eg SoC).

I also disagree that Khorne and GS were picked because they don't need work. I think they picked them because they're popular, fun and noob friendly races. I think for casual players, certain factions like Tzeentch, Slaanesh, Nurgle can be a bit trickier to master. I imagine the GS are also one of the most played races in the game - it's not surprise that so many threads since they announced this DLC have been GS focused

0Send private message
a day ago
Oct 21, 2024, 12:12:23 PM

Theo91#7431 wrote:
  • Gork vs Mork mechanic - non existent
  • Azhag Crown of Nagash mechanic - non existent
  • Skarsnik 'sneaky' mechanic - non existent
  • Grimgor 'da biggest' mechanic - non existent
  • Wurrzag savage orc mechanic - non existent
  • Scrap mechanic - limited especially in the late game
  • Waagh mechanic - limited in the late game
  • Scrap is fine and Waagh hardly needs to become even more of a WIN HARDER mechanic.

Also, what's with that other stuff? Mork vs Gork? Why don't you take the time to explain what that should actually mean because I don't see anything obvious in there. Grimgor could get a similar mechanic to Achilles in Troy where every X turns contenders arise who you have to deal with to prove that you are "da 'ardest". But otherwise I don't see much mechanics potential with the Greenskins.

0Send private message
    a day ago
    Oct 21, 2024, 12:27:33 PM

waagh army should be uncontrollable

should give attrition when you haven't fought in X-amount of rounds maybe too? 

0Send private message
    a day ago
    Oct 21, 2024, 12:42:26 PM

TainBoCuailinge#8335 wrote:

Theo91#7431 wrote:
  • Gork vs Mork mechanic - non existent
  • Azhag Crown of Nagash mechanic - non existent
  • Skarsnik 'sneaky' mechanic - non existent
  • Grimgor 'da biggest' mechanic - non existent
  • Wurrzag savage orc mechanic - non existent
  • Scrap mechanic - limited especially in the late game
  • Waagh mechanic - limited in the late game
  • Scrap is fine and Waagh hardly needs to become even more of a WIN HARDER mechanic.

Also, what's with that other stuff? Mork vs Gork? Why don't you take the time to explain what that should actually mean because I don't see anything obvious in there. Grimgor could get a similar mechanic to Achilles in Troy where every X turns contenders arise who you have to deal with to prove that you are "da 'ardest". But otherwise I don't see much mechanics potential with the Greenskins.

Scrap is fine. That's doesnt mean it is as good as it can be. At the moment, you have your favourite selection and that's the one you always go for. There's no reason CA shouldnt strive to make every mechanic for every race as could as it can be, especially if the fixes are straight forward.

For the waagh mechanic, i didn't say they should make it win harder, i said make it more dynamic. Make it more interesting to engage with rather than a mechanic where you get your favourite trophy and stick with it for the rest of the game... basically ignoring the main race mechanic altogether.

The Gork vs Mork mechanic is just a choice between two buffs - as i said, it's not much of a mechanic. Given that Gork and Mork are the GS god, why not flesh this out and make into a mechanic?

All the LLs have scope for interesting mechanics. Azhag is the most obvious example but all of  them can be improved.

Basically, i hope/ believe that CA will improve the GS. that's not based off anything - that's just my opinion

0Send private message
    a day ago
    Oct 21, 2024, 1:31:09 PM

Greenskins could use a few nerfs/tune-ups to their current mechanics and some new faction mechanics. Khorne needs a slight rework to bloodletting (remove the growth cheese), skull use, and their tech tree.

Ogres definitely need the bulk of the work though.

Theo91#7431 wrote:
    TOD had multiple overhauls.

ToD also had many months of focus where CA basically released nothing else after 4.2. It will be interesting to see how big the patch of the next DLC will be, considering that CA has been working on interim patches in the meanwhile.

Updated a day ago.
    0Send private message
    8 hours ago
    Oct 22, 2024, 9:36:03 AM

Theo91#7431 wrote:

Theo91#7431 wrote:

TOD had multiple overhauls. The biggest one was for the Dwarfs and i'd guess the OK rework won't be significantly more than what the Dwarfs got. There was still budget left in ToD to overhaul Gelt and KF and Nurgle as a whole. I fully expect GS and Khorne to get something good too - they've had 7 months to work on it!

I fully expect CA to deliver some quality content because it should be clear to them now that when they make good content (eg ToD) their stock goes up more than when they make bad content (eg SoC).

I also disagree that Khorne and GS were picked because they don't need work. I think they picked them because they're popular, fun and noob friendly races. I think for casual players, certain factions like Tzeentch, Slaanesh, Nurgle can be a bit trickier to master. I imagine the GS are also one of the most played races in the game - it's not surprise that so many threads since they announced this DLC have been GS focused

Ogres need alot more work than the dwarfs did.

I never said they would get nothing but expecting multiple new and overhauled mechanics is setting your self up for disappointment. They were picked because they need less work compared to other races.

0Send private message
    7 hours ago
    Oct 22, 2024, 10:04:32 AM

DarthEnderX-#6513 wrote:

Their Race mechanics are already solid.  They just need more variety in their Faction mechanics.

Grimgor shouldn't play anything like Skarsnik, who shouldn't play anything like Wurrzag, etc.

This.

Greenskins core mechanics are great.

But each Greenskin LL should have his own campaign mechanics, just like the LL of the Empire.

0Send private message
    7 hours ago
    Oct 22, 2024, 10:12:31 AM

Theo91#7431 wrote:

Theo91#7431 wrote:

Ogres need alot more work than the dwarfs did.

I never said they would get nothing but expecting multiple new and overhauled mechanics is setting your self up for disappointment. They were picked because they need less work compared to other races.

It's hard to compare the volume of work required for OK vs Dwarfs, but sticking to the GS, i would suggest the following (which i don't believe is unrealistic):

1. Grimgor - give him a mechanic where every time he beats a LL, he gets +3MA and +5% WS. Job done. it wouldn't take long because there's already mechanics in game revolving around defeating LLs.
    2. Skarsnik - give the death juice to squig units. Add a mechanic around the race to K8 - this is more work but would benefit Belegar and Queek too. Perhaps give him ambush stance - im torn on that one as it's quite an OP mechanic.
    3. Azhag - given him better landmarks for Nagash related sites. give him a whispers mechanic where he gets missions which provide a mixture of buffs and maluses
    4. Wurrzag - give him a mechanic around picking Gork vs Mork. Could be as simple as completing missions to get buffs or perks or special units. Something to interact with the GS gods.
    5. Grom is fine as is
    6. Scrap - make it a tier system - Bronze, silver and gold with scaling prices and benefits
    7. Waaagh mechanic - im open to suggestions as this is their main mechanic so dont want to screw it up. Maybe a system where you get points so you can 'buy' the waagh units you want (with discounts for geographically available units - ie lava spiders next to volcanoes, savage orcs in their geographical areas etc). Also maybe the Waagh trophy because one which you attach to the lord rather than the faction and you can acquire multiple trophies in a campaign. Add extra slots on a lord for trophies similar to the rune slot for Dawi

These aren't overhauls and i think we'll get something like this. Not specifically my suggestions but something for the GS in general. Now that DLCs are sold separately, gone are the days where they neglect part of the DLC for the benefit of another part

0Send private message
    5 hours ago
    Oct 22, 2024, 12:34:42 PM

Thomashu#5291 wrote:

This.

But each Greenskin LL should have his own campaign mechanics, just like the LL of the Empire.

Should be noted that the Empire doesn’t have core mechanics like the Greenskins anymore. I don’t think LLs for the Greenskins will be as differentiated as the ones in the Empire. It will probably look more like the Dwarfs.

0Send private message
    4 hours ago
    Oct 22, 2024, 1:19:18 PM

Passthechips#4366 wrote:

Thomashu#5291 wrote:

This.

Should be noted that the Empire doesn’t have core mechanics like the Greenskins anymore. I don’t think LLs for the Greenskins will be as differentiated as the ones in the Empire. It will probably look more like the Dwarfs.

Agreed. The dwarfs have a handful of core mechanics in the Rune forging, the grudge book and the deeps. GS equivalent is Scrap and Waagh mechanics.

Like the dwarfs, every GS lord should have very different feeling campaigns. I think some like Wurrzag and Azhag can have something quite unique... Skarsnik and Grimgor could be something simpler and easier to pick up and play

0Send private message
    ?

Click here to login

Comment