steamDB update: Hotfix 5.2.8 or Patch 5.3 probably next week

Copied to clipboard!
4 days ago
Oct 18, 2024, 11:18:05 AM

image loaded from url

So usually(!) release_candidate is updated the week before a patch or a hotfix. So next week, either another hotfix or patch 5.3.

What I think:
Next week hotfix 5.2.8. The week after we learn about patch 5.3 which will be released in the first week of November. If we are lucky, CA announces the DLC shortly after, otherwise it might be that 6.0 is delayed (mid/end of January).

Why? Just a feeling. I think we'll get a blog post for 5.3 a week before the patch (like last time). I also think that they would have teased the blog post one week before via Twitter like last time.

Also:

We aim to be back with more news on our next major patch, 5.3, towards the end of October, so until then, we'll see you on the battlefield!

CA never said 5.3 will be released in October. Only that they talk about it at the end of October.

Yes, there is scenario like:

Monday: Blog "tease"

Tuesday: Blog

Wednesday: Patch notes

Tuesday: Patch

Or hotfix 5.2.8 next week and patch 5.3 in the last week of October.

But again, CA said more news towards the end of October. And I'm not saying "Oh no patch 6.0 is delayed!". But I admit that the timeline is challenging - though not impossible! 
0Send private message
4 days ago
Oct 18, 2024, 11:21:14 AM

Really hoping for the Bretonnia rework they said they wanted to make.

0Send private message
4 days ago
Oct 18, 2024, 11:25:37 AM

Thomashu#5291 wrote:

Really hoping for the Bretonnia rework they said they wanted to make.

I think the faction reworks are something for the next year. After 5.2 they were probably collecting feedback. Also, I guess a faction rework takes more time than a few weeks. So let's say if they "confirm" they do a faction rework after patch 5.2 we probably would not see it before 6.1 or 6.2.

0Send private message
4 days ago
Oct 18, 2024, 12:48:05 PM

I dont think the DLC will be delayed. I think they'll want to release it before christmas to capture the market for christmas gifts and it's been such a long gap to ToD, they've had a lot of time to get it right. I'd be very surprised if it's delayed into next year 

0Send private message
4 days ago
Oct 18, 2024, 1:12:33 PM

Well it's more about what they can rather than what they want. I'm sure CA would prefer to release lord packs every day. Anyway, as Schub said, the timeline is a bit challenging. My main issue is that a trailer only one or two weeks after the patch release would make the latter redundant. Why not just put it all together in a big 6.0 patch? It's not unfeasible, but it's as tight as it gets. In any case, there's no harm in the DLC getting delayed. The only WH3 that (may have) arrived on schedule was Soc.

0Send private message
4 days ago
Oct 18, 2024, 1:40:32 PM

Remind me but didn't they say a bretonnia rework was on the cards prior to the next DLC? Also why would a mere fix/balance patch require a QA build? Aren't those usually reserved for content?

0Send private message
4 days ago
Oct 18, 2024, 2:05:37 PM

AxiosXiphos#9040 wrote:

Remind me but didn't they say a bretonnia rework was on the cards prior to the next DLC? Also why would a mere fix/balance patch require a QA build? Aren't those usually reserved for content?

Say took Bretonnia as an example for a possible faction rework, but they didn't say this will be the next one.

Release_candidate is not the qa build you possible talk about (that would be domesticated_qa_a  for example). This branch is usually updated a few days before the public. Once public is updated we get a steam update.

0Send private message
4 days ago
Oct 18, 2024, 2:10:36 PM

AxiosXiphos#9040 wrote:

They said that Brettonia and Kislev are two races they want to rework, so those will probably come in an interim patch between dlc. I'd be surprised if either came in this one though, as that's pretty quick.

0Send private message
4 days ago
Oct 18, 2024, 2:15:44 PM

MODIDDLY1#9212 wrote:

AxiosXiphos#9040 wrote:

They said that Brettonia and Kislev are two races they want to rework, so those will probably come in an interim patch between dlc. I'd be surprised if either came in this one though, as that's pretty quick.

Tbf 5.2 gave us a dwarf and cults rework. I don't think Bretonnia needs a massive rework anyway. But we will see.

0Send private message
4 days ago
Oct 18, 2024, 2:31:07 PM

Yeah, pretty much expecting it next week which leaves plenty of time for a trailer and DLC release. I don’t think it will be as big as the previous update but, it will be interesting.

In terms of how challenging the timeline is? I have no idea, it depends on information we don’t have.

Updated 4 days ago.
0Send private message
4 days ago
Oct 18, 2024, 2:39:06 PM

AxiosXiphos#9040 wrote:

Tbf 5.2 gave us a dwarf and cults rework. I don't think Bretonnia needs a massive rework anyway. But we will see.

5.3 will be another dwarf rework

But to be serious, I don't think Bretonnia needs a big rework either, what they need is content as their roster is the smallest in the game.

0Send private message
4 days ago
Oct 18, 2024, 3:26:02 PM

MODIDDLY1#9212 wrote:

AxiosXiphos#9040 wrote:

But to be serious, I don't think Bretonnia needs a big rework either, what they need is content as their roster is the smallest in the game.

What id really like to see is the chaos Warband system applied to Bretonnia. And maybe foot knights added with some other small unit variants. Also vows to notify the player when ready to select.

That would do me.

0Send private message
4 days ago
Oct 18, 2024, 3:40:57 PM

AxiosXiphos#9040 wrote:

What id really like to see is the chaos Warband system applied to Bretonnia. And maybe foot knights added with some other small unit variants. Also vows to notify the player when ready to select.

That would do me.

That and an Errantry/Crusade mechanic.

Sheikh_Nimr#9382 wrote:

Well it's more about what they can rather than what they want. I'm sure CA would prefer to release lord packs every day. Anyway, as Schub said, the timeline is a bit challenging. My main issue is that a trailer only one or two weeks after the patch release would make the latter redundant. Why not just put it all together in a big 6.0 patch? It's not unfeasible, but it's as tight as it gets. In any case, there's no harm in the DLC getting delayed. The only WH3 that (may have) arrived on schedule was Soc.

Why would a trailer make a patch redundant? Say we get the patch next week on say the 24-25th, they could wait all the way until like November 12th to even start the DLC revealings and still have it to us in November 28-29th. Which would make the patch a whole month ahead of the DLC. And besides, the larger the updates, the bigger the risk of severe and many bugs

0Send private message
4 days ago
Oct 18, 2024, 3:41:34 PM

MODIDDLY1#9212 wrote:

AxiosXiphos#9040 wrote:

IIRC, for standard units (i.e. not including lords, heroes, RoRs) their roster is slightly larger than that of the Vampire Counts. Having said that, two of those units are ammunition variants, which have even less claim to be regarded as individual units than +/- shields variants do (and yes, the Welves are in the same position, with a similarly tiny, artificially inflated roster). I'd really like to see some new units for Bretonnia, even if it takes a bit of delving into the deep lore.

0Send private message
4 days ago
Oct 18, 2024, 4:57:15 PM

Schub#9514 wrote:

We aim to be back with more news on our next major patch, 5.3, towards the end of October, so until then, we'll see you on the battlefield!

CA never said 5.3 will be released in October. Only that they talk about it at the end of October.

They didn't talk about 5.2 until just a couple days before 5.2.

0Send private message
4 days ago
Oct 18, 2024, 5:13:44 PM

DarthEnderX-#6513 wrote:

Schub#9514 wrote:

They didn't talk about 5.2 until just a couple days before 5.2.

Blog 5.2: August 15th (Thursday)

Patch 5.2: August 20th (Tuesday)

While only five days apart still not in the same week.  I expect the same for 5.3 but CA is welcome to surprise me :).

0Send private message
4 days ago
Oct 18, 2024, 6:21:02 PM

MODIDDLY1#9212 wrote:

AxiosXiphos#9040 wrote:

Their mechanics are quite boring/outdated, I'm still hoping to see a meaty rework for this race, including the crusades and the warband upgrade system for the knights.

0Send private message
4 days ago
Oct 18, 2024, 7:02:32 PM

Thomashu#5291 wrote:

MODIDDLY1#9212 wrote:

AxiosXiphos#9040 wrote:

Their mechanics are quite boring/outdated, I'm still hoping to see a meaty rework for this race, including the crusades and the warband upgrade system for the knights.

Hasn’t CA already said in one Q&A that they don’t see the warband mechanic fitting for any other race except for WoC?

0Send private message
4 days ago
Oct 18, 2024, 7:16:16 PM

I still think Legend was right with those leaks and CA had to drastically pivot, which is why this DLC is taking so long. I'll be glad to have it regardless.

I hope more old factions will be brought up to speed more, like finally letting Ariel fly by default or giving Wallbreaker to more units, particularly Rogue Idols.

I have plenty of ideas but all of these feedback threads always feel like shouting into the void.

0Send private message
4 days ago
Oct 18, 2024, 7:17:22 PM

Another Bretonnia rework after the three or four they already got? How many reworks did Norsca get again? Skaven need a rework ever since CA dumbed their campaign down way back in WH2 (and all the individual faction mechanics are lazy WIN HARDER stuff). Monogods as a whole need a rework so they stop being cut-rate WoC. Vampire Coast needs a rework because their mechanics are just a mish-mash of half-baked ideas of which none are entirely fitting. Vampire Counts need a rework because the whole blood-kiss thing is so shallow and renders certain lord types obsolete.

Bretonnia doesn't need a rework, they need a good ol' slap with the nerfhammer so their economy stops pooping gold. Aren't they supposed to be dirt-poor?

Updated 4 days ago.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment