will CA update Legion of Chaos????

Copied to clipboard!
2 days ago
Oct 15, 2024, 12:45:32 PM
Legion of Chaos has a lot of problem, will CA update it after slaanesh DLC????i wonder whether CA remember this faction.
and also, Legion of Chaos is the name of a faction, its race name is Daemons of Chaos. is that mean there will be another faction for this race in future....????
0Send private message
2 days ago
Oct 15, 2024, 12:53:39 PM

I hope they do revisit them in depth. As a faction they are so bad that people don't even want CA to waste on it and just leave it as a flop.

Even if they don't fully rework the faction they could at least add in a tech tree, buff the Daemon Prince faction leader and allow items on them.

0Send private message
2 days ago
Oct 15, 2024, 2:40:23 PM

Move God Slayer to WoC and get rid of DoC entirely.  Make his body parts Faction mechanics instead of Race mechanics.  

0Send private message
2 days ago
Oct 15, 2024, 4:25:17 PM

Daniel needs only three things:

1. The usual monogod stuff. Access to a unique Chaos Undivided Cultist and Undivided Magus, the Cult mechanic along with unique Cult buildings, as well as his own Unholy Manifestations. Make however the last two things more unique. Cults, apart of Undivided stuff, grant additional bonuses depending on who at the moment dominates in the great game. Unholy Manifestations on the other hand have different effects also depending which Chaos God is on top at the moment.  The moment Daniel dedicates himself to either Chaos Undivided completely or to any of the four will further change the effects. If full Undivided, then all Cults and Unholy Manifestations will work as they were but with enhanced effects. If dedicated to any of the four, then all of those change to reflect the chosen Chaos God and the Undivided Cultists gain monogod boons.

2. Access to generic Daemon Princes to further help him out and not need to fully rely on Daemon Heralds.

3. Access to items and ancillaries.

0Send private message
2 days ago
Oct 15, 2024, 4:41:22 PM

DarthEnderX-#6513 wrote:

Move God Slayer to WoC and get rid of DoC entirely.  Make his body parts Faction mechanics instead of Race mechanics.  

It makes no sense to do this.

0Send private message
2 days ago
Oct 15, 2024, 5:07:05 PM

DarthEnderX-#6513 wrote:

I'm not sure they could do that tbh.

0Send private message
2 days ago
Oct 15, 2024, 7:12:54 PM

Passthechips#4366 wrote:

It makes no sense for Belakor and God Slayer to be in different Races.

Moving God Slayer to WoC is easier than moving Belakor to DoC.

Dragonage2ftw#8884 wrote:
I'm not sure they could do that tbh.

They can.

Updated 2 days ago.
0Send private message
2 days ago
Oct 15, 2024, 7:18:40 PM

DarthEnderX-#6513 wrote:

No, just rework the Legion of Chaos.

Because the concept in itself in interesting, they just need a good rework.

0Send private message
2 days ago
Oct 15, 2024, 9:06:17 PM

DarthEnderX-#6513 wrote:

It makes no sense for Belakor and God Slayer to be in different Races.

Moving God Slayer to WoC is easier than moving Belakor to DoC.

Neither are worth the work of switching. The mechanics of the Daemon Prince don’t at all fit with the WoC, and vice versa with Be’lakor.

0Send private message
2 days ago
Oct 15, 2024, 11:28:46 PM

Ben1990#8909 wrote:

1. The usual monogod stuff. Access to a unique Chaos Undivided Cultist and Undivided Magus, the Cult mechanic along with unique Cult buildings, as well as his own Unholy Manifestations. Make however the last two things more unique. Cults, apart of Undivided stuff, grant additional bonuses depending on who at the moment dominates in the great game. Unholy Manifestations on the other hand have different effects also depending which Chaos God is on top at the moment.  The moment Daniel dedicates himself to either Chaos Undivided completely or to any of the four will further change the effects. If full Undivided, then all Cults and Unholy Manifestations will work as they were but with enhanced effects. If dedicated to any of the four, then all of those change to reflect the chosen Chaos God and the Undivided Cultists gain monogod boons.

2. Access to generic Daemon Princes to further help him out and not need to fully rely on Daemon Heralds.

I think this might be stepping too close to the Monogods army roster and faction design like.

0Send private message
2 days ago
Oct 16, 2024, 7:27:00 AM

I wasn't able to find the quote from CA when they said that disentangling the Legion of Chaos mechanics from the Deamons of Chaos mechanics to incorporate Be'Lakor in DoC was too much work. But if anybody can find it or remembers where it is (blog, AMA,....) I would appreciate it.

But my point is that CA should do exactly just that: Separate what should be Legion of Chaos mechanics only (Glory system, Godslayer body parts) with mechanics shared accross DoC factions. And we would have 2 DoC playable factions with Be'Lakor getting a dual-race start as either DoC or WoC. Those potential DoC mechanics could be:

- Dedicated tech tree

- Easier access to Daemon Princes than Monogods

- Daemonic portals

- Characters skills that would buff all Daemons (daemonic infrantry, daemonic cavalry, daemonic flyers, daemonic war machines,...)

- Perhaps even cross-race confederation: Godslayer would be able to confederate Daemonic LLs if the proper Glory path is selected (can confederate Ku'gath if dedicated to Nurgle) while Be'Lakor could confederate the GS/Norscan way (by smahing a Greater Daemon LL to submission)

This is in my view the rework in depth that DoC needs to make it a proper race, which would be distinct from both WoC and Monogods, as it should be.

0Send private message
a day ago
Oct 16, 2024, 6:33:13 PM

Djau#5149 wrote:

Ben1990#8909 wrote:

I think this might be stepping too close to the Monogods army roster and faction design like.

Nah. It's fine. I'd also add in a 5th Undivided settlement type just so that he would start with an actual settlement instead of needing to go and taking one on turn 1.

0Send private message
a day ago
Oct 16, 2024, 6:49:24 PM

I would already be happy with a tech tree and some additional high level bodyparts (but please not locked behind some Intel sponsored tech demo).

0Send private message
13 hours ago
Oct 17, 2024, 7:52:22 AM

Passthechips#4366 wrote:

DarthEnderX-#6513 wrote:

The WoC mechanics would be amazing for Daniel and synergise nicely with his body-parts current mehcanics. As a WoC LL I maybe would play him eventually. 

0Send private message
0Send private message
12 hours ago
Oct 17, 2024, 9:04:33 AM

DarthEnderX-#6513 wrote:

I've seen this type of comment on the forums recently and it's so infuriating. I really hope this is just a vocal minority because god damn, as a Daemons of Chaos player on tabletop this is just insulting.

Like what, they messed a race implementation, so now the best solution is to freaking delete it? A legal 8th edition Warhammer Fantasy race that has better legitimacy than Kislev, Cathay, Vampire Coast or Norsca?

Beastmen were poorly implemented at launch too, should they have been deleted too instead of being reworked?

No, you fix the damned faction. Give it a proper tech tree. Fix the buildings. Rework the economy. Give it proper mechanics that ties to daemon lore (daemonic incursions/portals, corruption of lords/factions, temptations from the Chaos Gods, etc). And for crying out loud, STOP forcing us to recruit mortals/punish us for recruiting daemons. I want a full daemon army while playing a supposedly all-daemon race, for crying out loud.

0Send private message
12 hours ago
Oct 17, 2024, 9:05:23 AM

franklinsf#6039 wrote:

DoC only need race reworks,  no need more LL

They wouldn't even need a race rework if CA just moves Daniel to WoC and keep his current stuff as his unique mechanics.

0Send private message
12 hours ago
Oct 17, 2024, 9:18:58 AM

Captain_Rex#1635 wrote:

franklinsf#6039 wrote:

They wouldn't even need a race rework if CA just moves Daniel to WoC and keep his current stuff as his unique mechanics.

That would be both lazy AND sloppy. CA is not going to receive praises for this.

How about going the extra mile and actually try to fix the faction? Like how they did every time a faction needed a rework?

0Send private message
12 hours ago
Oct 17, 2024, 9:22:31 AM

Fossoway#5540 wrote:

Captain_Rex#1635 wrote:

franklinsf#6039 wrote:

That would be both lazy AND sloppy. CA is not going to receive praises for this.

How about going the extra mile and actually try to fix the faction? Like how they did every time a faction needed a rework?

Ressources are limited and we are just talking about DoC here... it isn not a proper Race like BM or WE. DoC are obsolete with Monogods around. So "going the extra mile" simply isn't worth it. DoC only deserve to lie dead in the ditch and nothing more. 

Updated 12 hours ago.
0Send private message
12 hours ago
Oct 17, 2024, 9:29:56 AM

Captain_Rex#1635 wrote:

Fossoway#5540 wrote:

Captain_Rex#1635 wrote:

franklinsf#6039 wrote:

Ressources are limited and we are just talking about DoC here... it isn not a proper Race like BM or WE. DoC are obsolete with Monogods around. So "going the extra mile" simply isn't worth it. DoC only deserve to lie dead in the ditch and nothing more. 

Ah, yes. You hate a faction, so it must be deleted. I see it now. Glad you can keep your personal feelings in check and stay objective.

If ressources are indeed limited and DoC can't get a rework, I'd much rather they don't touch Daniel than do something as lazy and insulting such as moving him to WoC. At least we could count on modders to fix Daemons of Chaos that way.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment