Dark Elves and Slaaanesh shouldn't be in the same lord pack.

Copied to clipboard!
a day ago
Sep 18, 2024, 6:49:36 AM

Welcome ladies, gentlemen, boys, girls, and to those enjoying mid-autumn festival I hope your view of the moon is clear and your cake is delicious. There's been speculation that when Slaaanesh gets its second DLC that it should be, in some form, against the Dark Elves. I am here to tell you today that this is a bad idea. 

Slaaanesh has one obvious DLC LL candidate left and that is Dechala. A former High Elf. Though she doesn't exactly look like one no more. The best remaining content for Slaanesh is Marked Dark Elves and Boob snakes. Marked Dark Elves giving Slaanesh something properly unique amongst their fellow Monogod races. Even without Marked Dark Elves their aesthetic and gimmicks are too similar. Both wear purple, and both have the emo/goth/degen vibe going on. It's a clash of styles.

So while I think both deserve at least one more DLC I just hope they aren't together as that'd be a downright styles clash.

0Send private message
a day ago
Sep 18, 2024, 7:05:31 AM

Slaanesh shouldn't be paired with elves at all. Elves already got so much stuff, they hardly need anything and N'Kari already starts right on top of Ulthuan.

The ideal pack would have been Slaanesh v Khorne, the original rivalrly.

0Send private message
a day ago
Sep 18, 2024, 7:33:18 AM

Your argument against is because their clothing styles are too similar? Well that's one I haven't heard before I suppose.

No, the strongest arguments against the Dark Elves are

A) They don't have enough stuff for another LP (They could have if you scrape a bit)

or 

B) Dark Elves vs High Elves have already been taken care of with Queen & Crone (even if it was the weakest DLC of WH2)

or

C) CA chooses to prioritize Vampires or Norsca reworks, pushing the Dark Elf update to later

0Send private message
a day ago
Sep 18, 2024, 7:45:14 AM

They don't need to be in the same Lord Pack, but having High Elves, Dark Elves, and Slaanesh in the same DLC would be an explosion of flavour.

0Send private message
a day ago
Sep 18, 2024, 8:29:22 AM

TainBoCuailinge#8335 wrote:

Slaanesh shouldn't be paired with elves at all. Elves already got so much stuff, they hardly need anything and N'Kari already starts right on top of Ulthuan.

Both High Elves and Dark Elves mechanics can be improved to make them more interesting and some HE/DE LL could also benefit from getting their own faction mechanic.

0Send private message
a day ago
Sep 18, 2024, 8:36:32 AM

Firstly, I'll express my opposition. In my opinion, Slaanesh vs HE vs DE is definitely the best choice. 

Secondly, I can't help but wonder which race you think would be a better candidate if DE isn't 

Don't tell me your choice would be Cathay, it would make me question your motives for posting this thread in the first place.   (Well, considering some of the crazy threads you've posted before) 

0Send private message
a day ago
Sep 18, 2024, 8:39:42 AM

LexingtonCat#9649 wrote:

Firstly, I'll express my opposition. In my opinion, Slaanesh vs HE vs DE is definitely the best choice. 

Secondly, I can't help but wonder which race you think would be a better candidate if DE isn't 

Don't tell me your choice would be Cathay, it would make me question your motives for posting this thread in the first place.   (Well, considering some of the crazy threads you've posted before) 

Norsca or vampire Counts as they need content the most and a rework 

0Send private message
a day ago
Sep 18, 2024, 8:43:16 AM

TheWattman#7460 wrote:
C) CA chooses to prioritize Vampires or Norsca reworks, pushing the Dark Elf update to later

Yeah, it's the only scenario I can accept.

Other than that, can't think of a good excuse to exclude DE from the Slaanesh DLC.

0Send private message
a day ago
Sep 18, 2024, 8:45:04 AM

Lunaticprince#9972 wrote:

LexingtonCat#9649 wrote:

Agree.  (I'm a bit of a slow typist.)

0Send private message
a day ago
Sep 18, 2024, 8:52:42 AM

TheWattman#7460 wrote:

Your argument against is because their clothing styles are too similar? Well that's one I haven't heard before I suppose.

No, the strongest arguments against the Dark Elves are

A) They don't have enough stuff for another LP (They could have if you scrape a bit)

or 

B) Dark Elves vs High Elves have already been taken care of with Queen & Crone (even if it was the weakest DLC of WH2)

or

Since all the OG races (Empire, Dwarves, WoC, soon the Greenskins) had a DLC/rework in Warhammer III, Dark Elves being replaced by Vampire Counts might be a possibility.

I highly doubt they'll reserve an entire DLC only for the Vampire Counts (ie Bloodline Pack) but as always, I do not own a crystall ball.

0Send private message
a day ago
Sep 18, 2024, 9:19:39 AM

Don't agree, the style matters lil to me when it comes to army vs army. It matters more if I just want something or if it would overall improve that race. I play all the races so either elf improving is good to me. Sure I'd rather have a Norsca, Skaven, or Kislev DLC but I'm not going to worry if it's two elves either. Because it just means I'll be playing a lot of elf and some pink stabby folks.

0Send private message
a day ago
Sep 18, 2024, 9:29:21 AM

Literally missing armybook and supplement units, lords, heros and chracters. That's more than alot of the races can say.

0Send private message
a day ago
Sep 18, 2024, 9:31:32 AM

LexingtonCat#9649 wrote:

Both if those need a big rework, so wouldn't be great pairing them against a race that also needs a rework.

Like how Ogres who need a big rework are paid with two races who only need minor changes.

0Send private message
a day ago
Sep 18, 2024, 9:34:00 AM

General_Hijalti#1213 wrote:

Literally missing armybook and supplement units, lords, heros and chracters. That's more than alot of the races can say.

So lots of irrelevant stuff that wouldn't add anything worthwhile, got it!

Thomashu#5291 wrote:
Both High Elves and Dark Elves mechanics can be improved to make them more interesting and some HE/DE LL could also benefit from getting their own faction mechanic.

Doesn't require DLC. In fact, if it comes bundled with DLC it'll just be more lame WIN HARDER crap. 

Updated a day ago.
0Send private message
a day ago
Sep 18, 2024, 9:35:28 AM

What makes them irrelevant exactly 

0Send private message
a day ago
Sep 18, 2024, 9:39:34 AM

LexingtonCat#9649 wrote:

Both if those need a big rework, so wouldn't be great pairing them against a race that also needs a rework.

Like how Ogres who need a big rework are paid with two races who only need minor changes.

He not need a big rework, they bland yes and need updating but they not same tier then norsca and vc

Actually they more in level of gs  in (need of a update) even slightly worse so is okey to pair them woth these races

Best case for me would be tk but that bias and very unlikely to happen

0Send private message
a day ago
Sep 18, 2024, 9:56:11 AM

LexingtonCat#9649 wrote:

He not need a big rework, they bland yes and need updating but they not same tier then norsca and vc

Actually they more in level of gs  in (need of a update) even slightly worse so is okey to pair them woth these races

Yes they really do need a rework, their only mechanic, influence doesn't even work. You can raise or lower the relationship between factions and they still won't go to war or make peace. It's only use is making factions like you for diplomacy.

Greenskins just need some waaagh tweeks to say they are on the same level of rework requirements is disingenuous.

0Send private message
a day ago
Sep 18, 2024, 10:05:56 AM

LexingtonCat#9649 wrote:

Yes they really do need a rework, their only mechanic, influence doesn't even work. You can raise or lower the relationship between factions and they still won't go to war or make peace. It's only use is making factions like you for diplomacy.

Greenskins just need some waaagh tweeks to say they are on the same level of rework requirements is disingenuous.

One mechanic need fixing and maybe something like their did for Empire or dwarf still not on the same tier as these two 

And even then

Who else should then the slannesh lord pack be paired with ? 

If we go that the he need Ogres level of rework we could say skaven as they also only need tweaks like the gs and actually have something to add but no idea if people would dig that 

0Send private message
a day ago
Sep 18, 2024, 10:09:34 AM

Thomashu#5291 wrote:

Doesn't require DLC. In fact, if it comes bundled with DLC it'll just be more lame WIN HARDER crap. 

It requires a DLC if you want a big improvement in terms of mechanics, both for the race as a all and each individual LL.

If I follow your logic, a lot of races in the game shouldn't get any DLC since they're already strong. But the point here is to make them even more complex and fun to play, instead of staying in the same state that they were in Warhammer II.

0Send private message
a day ago
Sep 18, 2024, 10:29:11 AM

LexingtonCat#9649 wrote:

One mechanic need fixing and maybe something like their did for Empire or dwarf still not on the same tier as these two 

And even then

Who else should then the slannesh lord pack be paired with ? 

If we go that the he need Ogres level of rework we could say skaven as they also only need tweaks like the gs and actually have something to add but no idea if people would dig that 

Both empire and dwarfs had more and better functioning mechanics prior to ToD than HE have now

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment