Do we have an expected DLC release date?

Copied to clipboard!
2 days ago
Sep 17, 2024, 4:39:10 PM

Title basically.

From the comments they've dropped, it looks like it might be as late as mid December. My guess is it could even drop on the 12th of Dec

0Send private message
2 days ago
Sep 17, 2024, 4:54:08 PM

End of this year is all we know but an early December release sounds like a good guess given they will be back with news about the 5.3 update by the end of October.

0Send private message
2 days ago
Sep 17, 2024, 4:56:26 PM

if the next patch drops late October as they suggested, I would assume the minimum 2-4 weeks to market DLC after that, so late November to early December seems reasonable. That will be 7-8 months from Thrones release.

0Send private message
2 days ago
Sep 17, 2024, 4:57:28 PM

Neodeinos#5871 wrote:

End of this year is all we know but an early December release sounds like a good guess given they will be back with news about the 5.3 update by the end of October.

Well that's what i'm thinking. If new about 5.3 is end of October, then maybe 5.3 drops early November.

Then i imagine we won't hear anything for at least a couple of weeks and maybe we get 1 week marketing for the DLC (given they've already showed bit from the DLC).

So it feels like early Dec is the earliest option but also i would guess they might want to release it closer to christmas whilst giving themselves time for hotfixes... which is why i guessed the 12th

0Send private message
2 days ago
Sep 17, 2024, 5:05:08 PM

Patch 5.3 late October (21 - 25th somewhere)

November is DLC showcase (4th - 8th, 11 - 15th, 16th - 20th)

Release either late November or before December 11th before they go on holiday break

0Send private message
2 days ago
Sep 17, 2024, 5:09:54 PM

TheWattman#7460 wrote:

Release either late November or before December 11th before they go on holiday break

This is too optimistic. Late October is almost certainly the 31st (it's a Thursday, it's almost guaranteed to be the last day at this point)

Minimum two week gap between the patch and more communication - i dont think we've ever had CA communicate more than 1 thing in the space of a couple of weeks

I agree they need to release it in time to do patch fixes before they break up for holidays. Potentially if we're lucky that means 5th of Dec release

0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
2 days ago
Sep 17, 2024, 6:12:53 PM

Theo91#7431 wrote:

TheWattman#7460 wrote:

This is too optimistic. Late October is almost certainly the 31st (it's a Thursday, it's almost guaranteed to be the last day at this point)

Minimum two week gap between the patch and more communication - i dont think we've ever had CA communicate more than 1 thing in the space of a couple of weeks

I agree they need to release it in time to do patch fixes before they break up for holidays. Potentially if we're lucky that means 5th of Dec release

I don't think we'll have to wait very long between the 5.3 news and the actual release of the patch, it'll likely be a matter of days if not a week.

0Send private message
2 days ago
Sep 17, 2024, 8:46:04 PM

November 12th 2024.

Updated 2 days ago.
0Send private message
2 days ago
Sep 17, 2024, 10:09:42 PM

Theo91#7431 wrote:

TheWattman#7460 wrote:

I mean by all respect they also said 5.2 comes in the end of August but then more in the mid rage 

Second with one news is just seems be one week until release 

So I believe can see CA start marketing one week after so 

Probaly middle November and then earl December

0Send private message
a day ago
Sep 18, 2024, 8:41:01 AM

I don't think a November release is feasible. If the patch is released in late October, then I expect at least one month until the announcement trailer. If it was published immediately after, then the interim patch will be completely redundant. There seems to be a 3-weeeks gap between trailers and releases, which brings us to mid-December, just before the Christmas holidays. That is the most optimistic scenario, but there's always the possibility that the DLC might get a bit delayed, like it happened with many of its predecessors.

0Send private message
a day ago
Sep 18, 2024, 8:57:29 AM

I hope they'll manage to release it in late November - early December because that would give them enough time to address the issues/bugs picked up by the players before the holidays.

0Send private message
a day ago
Sep 18, 2024, 9:02:33 AM

Sheikh_Nimr#9382 wrote:

I don't think a November release is feasible. If the patch is released in late October, then I expect at least one month until the announcement trailer. If it was published immediately after, then the interim patch will be completely redundant. There seems to be a 3-weeeks gap between trailers and releases, which brings us to mid-December, just before the Christmas holidays. That is the most optimistic scenario, but there's always the possibility that the DLC might get a bit delayed, like it happened with many of its predecessors.

Why would we need a full month between a patch and a trailer?

0Send private message
a day ago
Sep 18, 2024, 9:14:56 AM

TheWattman#7460 wrote:

Sheikh_Nimr#9382 wrote:

For the reason I mentioned above. If the DLC was announced immediately after the patch, then there's no need for the patch in the first place. Just merge it with the DLC update itself.

0Send private message
a day ago
Sep 18, 2024, 10:53:55 AM

Neodeinos#5871 wrote:

Theo91#7431 wrote:

TheWattman#7460 wrote:

I don't think we'll have to wait very long between the 5.3 news and the actual release of the patch, it'll likely be a matter of days if not a week.

I meant a wait between the release of 5.3 and more communication regarding the DLC itself. I imagine they'll announce and release the patch very close together but then make us wait a bit for the dlc

0Send private message
a day ago
Sep 18, 2024, 10:55:02 AM

TheWattman#7460 wrote:

Sheikh_Nimr#9382 wrote:

i think min 2 weeks. As far back i can remember, CA never space good news less than 2 weeks apart. Usually more tbh

0Send private message
a day ago
Sep 18, 2024, 11:10:27 AM

Has there ever been less than one month or even one month and a half between patch releases (not hot-fixes) in the development of Warhammer III? Not sure, but I don't think so. If the DLC is going to be announced two weeks later, then there were no need for an interim patch in the first place.

0Send private message
a day ago
Sep 18, 2024, 11:26:15 AM

Sheikh_Nimr#9382 wrote:
If the DLC is going to be announced two weeks later, then there were no need for an interim patch in the first place.

Announcement is not the same as release as that can be maximum one month away until the 6.0 and dlc is there

0Send private message
a day ago
Sep 18, 2024, 11:36:04 AM

too slow pace of DLC releases, too bad LLs choices, and too much chaos focus

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment