Ogre Kingdoms should get Plague Ogres

Copied to clipboard!
2 days ago
Sep 17, 2024, 1:53:52 PM

The Ogres are the one non chaos race that doesn't look down/prosecute people for having mutations. Infact they tend to view mutations as just as great boons to have. So I think they should get acess to Plague Ogres, Ogres who served with Nurgle armies for a while and then returned to the Mountains of Mourn like all Maneaters tend to do. So I think it would just be a flavorful addition to their roster. Maybe you can unlock them by holding the Challenge Stone directly north of the Mountains of Mourn?

0Send private message
2 days ago
Sep 17, 2024, 2:02:09 PM

Plague Ogres are tied to chaos. Regular Chaos Ogres would fit OK better.

But they would not bring anything new to the table (ha!).

0Send private message
2 days ago
Sep 17, 2024, 2:24:42 PM

Plague Ogres are Plague Ogres because they followed Tamurkhan. Making them regular Ogre units wouldn't make sense and I also don't see what they would bring to their roster. 

You also already get them via the Alliance system which is enough. 

0Send private message
2 days ago
Sep 17, 2024, 2:45:57 PM

Anedon26#2490 wrote:
Maybe you can unlock them by holding the Challenge Stone directly north of the Mountains of Mourn?

Just make it into a dilemma: "There is a band of weird looking Ogres that came back from the North. Do you want to hire them and get some Nurgle corruption and/or plague?".

0Send private message
2 days ago
Sep 17, 2024, 3:21:24 PM

Nah.  They can have regular Chaos Ogres when they're added.  But leave the MonoOgres to the MonoGods.

Captain_Rex#1635 wrote:
Plague Ogres are Plague Ogres because they followed Tamurkhan.

Plague Ogres are just Chaos Ogres with Marks of Nurgle.

Not all Chaos Ogres with Marks of Nurgle followed Tamurkhan.

0Send private message
2 days ago
Sep 17, 2024, 3:23:13 PM

DarthEnderX-#6513 wrote:

Nah.  They can have regular Chaos Ogres when they're added.  But leave the MonoOgres to the MonoGods.

Captain_Rex#1635 wrote:

And they got corruped by following Tamurkhan. Ogres shouldn't just recruit them. Make it a dilemma like SerPus suggested.  "There is a band of weird looking Ogres that came back from the North. Do you want to hire them and get some Nurgle corruption and/or plague?". 

0Send private message
0Send private message
2 days ago
Sep 17, 2024, 3:47:04 PM

Captain_Rex#1635 wrote:
And they got corruped by following Tamurkhan.

And other Plague Ogres get corrupted other ways.  Tamurkhan doesn't have a monopoly on Plague Ogres.

0Send private message
2 days ago
Sep 17, 2024, 3:48:15 PM

DarthEnderX-#6513 wrote:

Captain_Rex#1635 wrote:

And other Plague Ogres get corrupted other ways.  Tamurkhan doesn't have a monopoly on Plague Ogres.

Yeah make it a dilemma event. Fine. 

0Send private message
2 days ago
Sep 17, 2024, 3:54:13 PM

For the naysayers.

Screenshot_20240917-175119.jpgIt shouldn't just be Plague Ogres (which aren't specifically the ones that followed Tamurkhan, CA simply used that name instead of Chaos Ogres of Nurgle) but any variant of Chaos Ogre.

0Send private message
2 days ago
Sep 17, 2024, 3:55:44 PM

Captain_Rex#1635 wrote:

DarthEnderX-#6513 wrote:

Captain_Rex#1635 wrote:

Yeah make it a dilemma event. Fine. 

Why should it be a dilemma? The army book is clear that they are accepted into the tribes without issue and depending on the mutation even seen with jealousy.

0Send private message
2 days ago
Sep 17, 2024, 3:56:12 PM

mecanojavi99#6562 wrote:

For the naysayers.

Screenshot_20240917-175119.jpgIt shouldn't just be Plague Ogres (which aren't specifically the ones that followed Tamurkhan, CA simply used that name instead of Chaos Ogres of Nurgle) but any variant of Chaos Ogre.

Yes make them available with a dilemma and a special recruitment pool. But I don't wanna see AI Greasus running around with fullstacks of Chaos Ogres. 

0Send private message
2 days ago
Sep 17, 2024, 4:01:55 PM

Captain_Rex#1635 wrote:

mecanojavi99#6562 wrote:

For the naysayers.

Yes make them available with a dilemma and a special recruitment pool. But I don't wanna see AI Greasus running around with fullstacks of Chaos Ogres. 

Again, why? I literally posted the army book explanation, they are a normal part of the tribe.

If you have a problem with Greasus going around with a full stack of Plague Ogres ask CA to improve the AI army diversity, not limit the loreful access to a unit.

0Send private message
2 days ago
Sep 17, 2024, 4:19:57 PM
No Chaos in my Ogre armies, thanks!

If GW really wanted the Ogre Kingdoms to have Chaos Ogres, they would have given them rules in the army book.
0Send private message
2 days ago
Sep 17, 2024, 4:25:18 PM

Captain_Rex#1635 wrote:

Plague Ogres are Plague Ogres because they followed Tamurkhan. Making them regular Ogre units wouldn't make sense and I also don't see what they would bring to their roster. 

You also already get them via the Alliance system which is enough. 

I agree. Some units are good for cross faction compatibility (eg a lot of the beastmen units) but not this one.

Another that comes to mind which shouldn't be mixed across factions is trolls mixed between GS and Norsca. They're fine as is

0Send private message
2 days ago
Sep 17, 2024, 5:39:09 PM

I agree with the notion that it should be tied to a dilemma (maybe one that is offered when near or allied with Nurgle), or even a landmark/unusual location. 

Just because Ogres don’t look down on Chaos Ogres doesn’t mean they routinely encounter or hire Chaos Ogres out of nowhere. Having it tied to something would be cool.

0Send private message
2 days ago
Sep 17, 2024, 8:14:42 PM

If I understand it correctly Ogres are hard to corrupt. And if they spend a long time in chaos area, only their body gets tainted but their mind will stay mostly the same. 

Those mutated Chaos Ogres can have an extra mouth to chew (yay!) an additional arm to hold a weapon (yay) an extra eye (yay?) a second *****(yay) or a claw or whatever. But they will still be good ol' ogres who care mainly about food and money. They will sit with their brethren around the campfire, chew a dwarf and talk about all the things they taste in the chaos waste. 

Plague Ogres on the other hand. Those are corrupted through and through due to filthy rituals. Chaos has grasped their very soul and they are far behind the point of no return.

Regular Ogres would probably not want those rotting hulks around. But mainly, Plague Ogres have little to no business in their homeland. There is no reason for them to go back.

0Send private message
2 days ago
Sep 17, 2024, 8:39:19 PM

Lol. No.

0Send private message
a day ago
Sep 18, 2024, 9:30:15 AM

mecanojavi99#6562 wrote:

Captain_Rex#1635 wrote:

mecanojavi99#6562 wrote:

For the naysayers.

Again, why? I literally posted the army book explanation, they are a normal part of the tribe.

If you have a problem with Greasus going around with a full stack of Plague Ogres ask CA to improve the AI army diversity, not limit the loreful access to a unit.

the army book that pointedly did not contain an option to actually take them…

You could reasonably use the Chaos Ogres as bulls or ironguts (stats were the same) or maybe Maneaters, but they could take marked ogres.

They aren’t feared or despised like they would be in human nations, but that doesn’t mean OK armies are going round with marked units either.

0Send private message
a day ago
Sep 18, 2024, 12:24:45 PM

Captain_Rex#1635 wrote:

DarthEnderX-#6513 wrote:

Captain_Rex#1635 wrote:

And they got corruped by following Tamurkhan. Ogres shouldn't just recruit them. Make it a dilemma like SerPus suggested.  "There is a band of weird looking Ogres that came back from the North. Do you want to hire them and get some Nurgle corruption and/or plague?". 

Not all Plague Ogres would be corrupted by Nurgle because they were following Tamurkhan, this can happen by simply being near Chaotic energies. Plague Ogres are just Ogres that are marked by Nurgle, that's it. We have lore about them following Tamurkhan because they were added in his book as a unit of his army list but that doesn't mean all Plague Ogres are with Tammie.

I do agree they should make their recruitment thematic tho, could be with a dilemma or you could get them from regions with high Nurgle corruption.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment