Amazons DLC

Copied to clipboard!
3 days ago
Sep 16, 2024, 4:19:13 PM
I couldn't find any threads on the topic (though I might not be too good at navigating the forums).
Of all the factions people are requesting - Ind, Khuresh, Nippon and Araby; Amazons are the only ones in recent times to have new models (even if it was only in Blood Bowl, and not the tabletop wargame) and had recent, lore drops in Cubicle 7's Lustria book for the roleplaying game. Admittedly, the playable area in Lustria is a bit cramped and like the other mentioned factions - would need a lot of TLC and coordination with GW to be game ready. It's starting location is on the map however and there would be neighboring factions fight and align yourself with. Would love to hear your thoughts on the topic.
0Send private message
3 days ago
Sep 16, 2024, 4:22:04 PM

Should be a part of DoW imo: Amazon warriors, Anacondas RoR, Serpent Priestess hero with Lore of Serpent. As a separate race -- not a chance.

0Send private message
3 days ago
Sep 16, 2024, 4:23:12 PM

My thoughts? Cool in theory, not happening in practice.

0Send private message
3 days ago
Sep 16, 2024, 4:26:40 PM

Enforest#2212 wrote:

Should be a part of DoW imo: Amazon warriors, Anacondas RoR, Serpent Priestess hero with Lore of Serpent. As a separate race -- not a chance.

You're probably right, though it might be a bit unusual for Amazonians to be recruited all the way across the pond. I've sorta been imagining DoW and Southern Realms to be interchangeable even though I shouldn't. I am looking forward to DoW, but I'm worried about the execution of it

0Send private message
3 days ago
Sep 16, 2024, 4:30:24 PM

mecanojavi99#6562 wrote:

My thoughts? Cool in theory, not happening in practice.

Probably, but I'd like to stay hopeful - never say never and all that ^~^

I would like to see Amazons in the game just as much as some - myself and others, would enjoying seeing Nippon

Updated 3 days ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message
3 days ago
Sep 16, 2024, 4:55:54 PM

If they aren't in DoW at launch, I'll gladly take them as a DoW LP.

L: Amazon Serpent Priestess (Spellcaster)

H: Amazon Huntress (Ranged)

Amazon Eagle Warriors (Spears+Shields)

Amazon Jaguar Warriors (Dual Claws)

Amazon Python Warriors (Javelins)
Amazon Piranha Warriors (Blowpipes)
Amazon Culchan Riders (Spears+Shields)

​​

Player#943115 wrote:
You're probably right, though it might be a bit unusual for Amazonians to be recruited all the way across the pond.

Unless Lustria has it's own DoW LL, Marco Colombo.

Updated 3 days ago.
0Send private message
3 days ago
Sep 16, 2024, 5:11:22 PM

Being realistic about expectations, I wouldnt mind the addition of a number of unplayable mini factions or Rogue armies to lorefully fill in the gaps in the map. Just a basic lord, 2 or 3 units and otherwise padded out with existing stuff. Amazon's would fit into this, as would things like Halflings, Fimir, Albion, Hobgoblin Kahnate, Sea Elves etc., and maybe even wild monster armies.

Updated 3 days ago.
0Send private message
3 days ago
Sep 16, 2024, 5:13:03 PM

davedave1124#4773 wrote:

Khuresh received a Blood Bowl model a while back. Just have to see if they want to go out with an unexpected race. You never know with CA these days.

yep, the model came out around the same time as the Amazon models - they're a star player for the Lustrian SuperLeague. Gives us a little idea what Khuresh units might look like

0Send private message
3 days ago
Sep 16, 2024, 5:19:32 PM

davedave1124#4773 wrote:

Khuresh received a Blood Bowl model a while back. Just have to see if they want to go out with an unexpected race. You never know with CA these days.

An unexpected race would be great as a final DLC for Warhammer III in something like 3 to 4 years.

0Send private message
3 days ago
Sep 16, 2024, 5:19:51 PM

DarthEnderX-#6513 wrote:

If they aren't in DoW at launch, I'll gladly take them as a DoW LP.

L: Amazon Serpent Priestess (Spellcaster)

H: Amazon Huntress (Ranged)

Amazon Eagle Warriors (Spears+Shields)

Amazon Jaguar Warriors (Dual Claws)

Amazon Python Warriors (Javelins)
Amazon Piranha Warriors (Blowpipes)
Amazon Culchan Riders (Spears+Shields)

​​

Player#943115 wrote:
You're probably right, though it might be a bit unusual for Amazonians to be recruited all the way across the pond.

Unless Lustria has it's own DoW LL, Marco Colombo.

I definitely wouldn't mind that - having them represented in the game would be nice. Could easily add things like packs of jungle cats or "their own version of the snow leopard" or feral dinosaurs maybe. Probably wouldn't be too hard to gather enough units together to make some semblance of an army 

0Send private message
3 days ago
Sep 16, 2024, 5:23:11 PM

Thomashu#5291 wrote:

davedave1124#4773 wrote:

An unexpected race would be great as a final DLC for Warhammer III in something like 3 to 4 years.

There's nearly enough "Other" races and factions that it could merit an expansion pack, not just a DLC. Not sure how people would feel about an expansion pack- sounds expensive and risky

0Send private message
3 days ago
Sep 16, 2024, 5:32:00 PM

Player#943115 wrote:
Could easily add things like packs of jungle cats or "their own version of the snow leopard" or feral dinosaurs maybe.

No more dinosaurs!  LM have saturated that market.

0Send private message
3 days ago
Sep 16, 2024, 5:49:15 PM

If CA wants to make money and piss off the purists, it would make an Amazons race pack.

If CA wants to be handcuffed by purists expectations, it will not touch Amazons except for an ROR in DOW.

0Send private message
3 days ago
Sep 16, 2024, 5:49:29 PM

DarthEnderX-#6513 wrote:

Player#943115 wrote:
Could easily add things like packs of jungle cats or "their own version of the snow leopard" or feral dinosaurs maybe.

No more dinosaurs!  LM have saturated that market.

You're probably right. I think if they'd all the dinosaurs, there might not be enough separating them and the LM. At most, maybe feral cold ones, but not everything

0Send private message
3 days ago
Sep 16, 2024, 5:54:42 PM

Sandboxhead#8494 wrote:

If CA wants to make money and piss off the purists, it would make an Amazons race pack.

If CA wants to be handcuffed by purists expectations, it will not touch Amazons except for an ROR in DOW.

"Purests" didn't seem very vocal about the inclusion of Vampire Coasts or Kislev or Cathay or Norsca getting fleshed out rosters while not having a miniature lineup. I really don't think they'd be upset about getting an army mentioned in the lore that at least had some miniatures. I think fans of the game and warhammer would love to see factions like Amazons and Nippon and Ind etc. getting represented and getting to see the more "forgotten" parts of the Warhammer world getting some attention

0Send private message
3 days ago
Sep 16, 2024, 5:55:56 PM

While they probably could be added as almost a sub-faction for lizardmen where you replace all the LM with Amazons, including on the dinosaurs, I don't think GW/CA will do that. Unfortunately they probably just get like 2-3 units in DoW

0Send private message
3 days ago
Sep 16, 2024, 6:02:45 PM

MODIDDLY1#9212 wrote:

While they probably could be added as almost a sub-faction for lizardmen where you replace all the LM with Amazons, including on the dinosaurs, I don't think GW/CA will do that. Unfortunately they probably just get like 2-3 units in DoW

Potentially. There isn't a lot of sub-factions in the game or mini factions - would definitely be a way to include Amazons or Halflings. I'm pretty excited for the DoW DLC, I still have a feeling it will mostly be Southern Realms based though

0Send private message
3 days ago
Sep 16, 2024, 6:25:29 PM

Player#943115 wrote:
There isn't a lot of sub-factions in the game or mini factions - would definitely be a way to include Amazons or Halflings.

This.  Even if they don't get a LL, Halflings and Amazons should both get Savage Orc Tribe-style minor factions.

0Send private message
3 days ago
Sep 16, 2024, 6:35:49 PM

DarthEnderX-#6513 wrote:

Player#943115 wrote:
There isn't a lot of sub-factions in the game or mini factions - would definitely be a way to include Amazons or Halflings.

This.  Even if they don't get a LL, Halflings and Amazons should both get Savage Orc Tribe-style minor factions.

I'd be happy to see them in some capacity. I'm sure CA will make them fun however they tackle them

0Send private message
Comment