Considering what CA's pulled to add Generic Lords/Heroes, Rich's "no heroes" excuse is unconvincing

Copied to clipboard!
5 days ago
Sep 13, 2024, 3:07:23 PM

Considering CA have...

-made up a bunch of stuff to fill in Lords and Heroes of Vampire Coast

-gave us straight up gender-swapped weapon variants for High/Dark/Wood Elf and Vampire Coast as separate generic Lords

-turned Heroes into generic Lords so you could turn lesser daemons unit champions into generic Heroes

-made redundant strigoi and von carstein Lords to make the Bloodlines mechanic work

-turned a Marauder unit champion into generic Lords 

-literally made up generic Heroes out of thin air for monogods...

I call BS you couldn't give Khorne any new generic Heroes and just settled with giving more cruddy legendary Heroes instead. What, you couldn't make a Woman Exalted Hero who wields a shield instead? You couldn't have made a generic Hero variant of your unrevealed Generic Lord?

Worse, why are you adding a 3rd LH for Khorne when you could have turned one of them (probably Skarr) a Legendary LORD instead? Making him another useless Legendary Hero is just going to easier cheaper route.

0Send private message
5 days ago
Sep 13, 2024, 3:11:26 PM

Khorne doesnt need more random Generic Heros. They have 2, done. Easy.

Its a melee blender faction. Thats it. Woman with a shield, why?! lol

0Send private message
5 days ago
Sep 13, 2024, 3:14:00 PM

I mean if it is a Bloodfather, then its basically equivalent to a Cultist hero, hence no need to create another hero. The only other option was the Beastmen route.

Updated 5 days ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message
5 days ago
Sep 13, 2024, 3:20:04 PM

XxXScorpionXxX#2310 wrote:

Gorebull of Khorne

Wargor of Khorne

I really wish CA would stop ignoring the Beastmen as a viable part of Monogods.

Considering they didn’t make these for the other Monogods, they probably don’t have plans for marked Beastmen characters. Probably wanted to avoid a situation where only one of the gods had marked Beastmen because then it would look odd on the Beastmen roster.

Also Beastmen don’t make sense leading Monogod armies, at least where the Doombull is concerned.

Updated 5 days ago.
0Send private message
5 days ago
Sep 13, 2024, 3:20:15 PM

GreenColoured#3418 wrote:
What, you couldn't make a Woman Exalted Hero who wields a shield instead?

You are just proving that Rich is right.

0Send private message
5 days ago
Sep 13, 2024, 3:28:09 PM

Passthechips#4366 wrote:

Considering they didn’t make these for the other Monogods, they probably don’t have plans for marked Beastmen characters. Probably wanted to avoid a situation where only one of the gods had marked Beastmen because then it would look odd on the Beastmen roster.

Also Beastmen don’t make sense leading Monogod armies, at least where the Doombull is concerned.

To be fair, Khorne is the first oppertunity that they would've been able to do Beastmen. Tzeentch, Nurgle and Slaanesh all had or have some variant of Sorceror or Chaos Lord/Hero missing. And technically, if they hadn't done Skarr and the Wrathmongers/Skullreapers now, they could've done Beastmen variants for a second Khorne DLC.

0Send private message
0Send private message
5 days ago
Sep 13, 2024, 3:38:23 PM

Passthechips#4366 wrote:

Sure it does, considering 6th Editions books. Its just more of the typical CA nonsensical design to not have them as an option.

If they are going to do Mono's and obviously they did, they should at least do it right.

0Send private message
5 days ago
Sep 13, 2024, 3:43:11 PM

TheWattman#7460 wrote:
To be fair, Khorne is the first oppertunity that they would've been able to do Beastmen. Tzeentch, Nurgle and Slaanesh all had or have some variant of Sorceror or Chaos Lord/Hero missing. And technically, if they hadn't done Skarr and the Wrathmongers/Skullreapers now, they could've done Beastmen variants for a second Khorne DLC.

Both SoC and ToD had the opportunity to include the Beastmen characters instead or thrown them into the mix. It’s not like it was a priority for CA to add the missing Chaos Lord/Hero for Tzeentch considering they completely omitted them to begin with.

My conspiracy theory is that they did have plans to do two rounds of Monogod DLCs with the old format, and the FLC LLs and content additions we are seeing now in the new format are them bringing forward some of future planned content they had to pad out their larger DLCs. I don’t think the Beastmen characters were ever in that plan.

Updated 5 days ago.
0Send private message
5 days ago
Sep 13, 2024, 3:50:05 PM

Surge_2#1464 wrote:

Passthechips#4366 wrote:

Sure it does, considering 6th Editions books. Its just more of the typical CA nonsensical design to not have them as an option.

If they are going to do Mono's and obviously they did, they should at least do it right.

To my knowledge, Beastmen weren’t in the Hordes of Chaos army book?

0Send private message
5 days ago
Sep 13, 2024, 3:54:32 PM

Passthechips#4366 wrote:

Beasts of Chaos was the relevant book for them and outlined rules for mixed forces.

0Send private message
5 days ago
Sep 13, 2024, 4:03:46 PM

I think its as simple as they didn't have any great ideas, they had one more khorne character left hanging, may as well kill 2 birds with one stone and finish them off for now.

Coming up we with a hero and having Skarr as an FLC LL down the line would've been preferable of course, but I see the logic. 

I agree with chips that beastmen contribution parity is actually important to them as not to make their UI troubles any worse and keep things simple for when you're playing beastmen.

0Send private message
5 days ago
Sep 13, 2024, 4:05:41 PM

Until I see what the lord is, I'm waiting to really complain. If it's a marked BM lord, there really is no excuse. If it's a Priest lord of some kind, unless GW/CA didn't want all the Khorne armies to just always have a priest in them, so only wanted a lord, I also will be a bit confused.

0Send private message
5 days ago
Sep 13, 2024, 4:10:12 PM

MODIDDLY1#9212 wrote:

Until I see what the lord is, I'm waiting to really complain. If it's a marked BM lord, there really is no excuse. If it's a Priest lord of some kind, unless GW/CA didn't want all the Khorne armies to just always have a priest in them, so only wanted a lord, I also will be a bit confused.

Hope is a priest lord as more intressting then a doombull

0Send private message
5 days ago
Sep 13, 2024, 4:12:34 PM

Surge_2#1464 wrote:

Passthechips#4366 wrote:

Beasts of Chaos was the relevant book for them and outlined rules for mixed forces.

Fair enough, and I guess the End Times list allows for it as well. I retract my statement.

0Send private message
5 days ago
Sep 13, 2024, 4:18:29 PM

Lunaticprince#9972 wrote:

Hope is a priest lord as more intressting then a doombull

I'm at least fairly confident that it is not a marked BM lord, because if GW said ok to a marked BM lord, why would a marked BM hero be an issue?

0Send private message
5 days ago
Sep 13, 2024, 4:20:59 PM

Surge_2#1464 wrote:

Khorne doesnt need more random Generic Heros. They have 2, done. Easy.

Its a melee blender faction. Thats it. Woman with a shield, why?! lol

Oh yeah, women and warriors with shields are totally not things Khorne approves of

Valkia_Promotional.png

Wh3_main_kho_inf_chaos_warriors_0.png

0Send private message
5 days ago
Sep 13, 2024, 4:39:05 PM

MODIDDLY1#9212 wrote:
why would a marked BM hero be an issue?

Maybe they didn't think that such heroes would add anything to the roster. You can only have so many melee beatstick heroes. But that would also apply to a beastmen lord, so it's probably not a beastmen lord.

0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment