Savage Orc Shaman
Savage Orc Big Boss
Orc Big Boss
Forest Goblin Big Boss
Vote nowView results
Copied to clipboard!
6 days ago
Sep 13, 2024, 2:35:36 PM

​Now that we know what the Greenskin's Generic Lord is gonna be what's the bet or what do you want the Hero to be?

There was a good pic a while back that broke down what was missing from the Green Lords and Heroes, cant find it so I'll just use this instead. If anyone finds it post in comments.
Lords and Heroes.png

0Send private message
6 days ago
Sep 13, 2024, 2:47:23 PM

Savage Orc Big Boss probably does the most for the roster. Evens out the hero selection between three melee and three spellcasters, and gives Savage Orcs some rep in the hero slot. Give him an anti-large weapon and it wraps up the hero core nicely.

0Send private message
0Send private message
6 days ago
Sep 13, 2024, 2:54:02 PM

Savage Orc BB with AP Antilarge like a Dragon Slayer.

Savage-Big-Boss-Warhammer.jpg

0Send private message
6 days ago
Sep 13, 2024, 3:15:30 PM

Savage Big Boss! Give Wurrzag a full set, like everyone else.

Forest Goblins for a later DLC with Snagla

0Send private message
6 days ago
Sep 13, 2024, 3:22:04 PM

Either Savage Orc Big Boss with Great Weapon, or (Forest) Goblin Big Boss with Bow. Any other option won't really add anything.

0Send private message
6 days ago
Sep 13, 2024, 3:28:00 PM

TheWattman#7460 wrote:

Really doubt Greenskins will get another LP unfortunately, just like the Dwarves.

But never say never!

0Send private message
6 days ago
Sep 13, 2024, 3:38:55 PM

Personally, I'm hoping for a Forest Goblin Big Boss.

Gorbad's theme is bringing all the Greenskin species together under his banner.  He's already bringing us the first Savage Orc generic character.  He should bring us the first FG generic character as well.

Bonus points if the FG Big Boss has a Bow.  GS don't have a ranged Hero yet.

Updated 6 days ago.
0Send private message
5 days ago
Sep 13, 2024, 3:48:22 PM

Would have been better imo for the generic lord to be a Black Orc Warboss, so the hero could be a Savage Orc Big Boss, and both characters wouldn't be the same subtype, with a flc Savage Orc Great Shaman. Even still though, I'd still rather get one of each subtype for a lord and hero than start doubling up before then.

0Send private message
5 days ago
Sep 13, 2024, 3:52:08 PM

MODIDDLY1#9212 wrote:

Would have been better imo for the generic lord to be a Black Orc Warboss, so the hero could be a Savage Orc Big Boss, and both characters wouldn't be the same subtype, with a flc Savage Orc Great Shaman. Even still though, I'd still rather get one of each subtype for a lord and hero than start doubling up before then.

Would being nothing new to the table what a warboss already can do 

Second better getting a theme done then letting two be incomplete

0Send private message
5 days ago
Sep 13, 2024, 4:08:59 PM

Lunaticprince#9972 wrote:
Would being nothing new to the table what a warboss already can do 

Black Orc Warboss could be a Great Weapon lord with higher damage and attack than the shielded more defensive Orc Warboss.

Lunaticprince#9972 wrote:

Second better getting a theme done then letting two be incomplete

Black Orc theme is still not done, as they don't have a lord, so is still incomplete

0Send private message
5 days ago
Sep 13, 2024, 4:11:23 PM

Thomashu#5291 wrote:

TheWattman#7460 wrote:

Really doubt Greenskins will get another LP unfortunately, just like the Dwarves.

But never say never!

I agree it's unlikely they'll get another DLC, but even if that's true they should finish the savage orcs.

Completing savage orcs properly is much better than doing both them and forest goblins half arsed

0Send private message
5 days ago
Sep 13, 2024, 4:16:27 PM

MODIDDLY1#9212 wrote:
Black Orc theme is still not done, as they don't have a lord, so is still incomplete

A single unit isn’t really a theme.

0Send private message
5 days ago
Sep 13, 2024, 4:23:43 PM

Passthechips#4366 wrote:

If missing a savage orc lord for Wurrzag is an issue (it is), missing a black orc lord for Grimgor is as well

0Send private message
5 days ago
Sep 13, 2024, 4:35:51 PM

MODIDDLY1#9212 wrote:

Passthechips#4366 wrote:

If missing a savage orc lord for Wurrzag is an issue (it is), missing a black orc lord for Grimgor is as well

I mean Savage Orcs are an actual themed army, with even a mechanical requirement to acquire them and 5 individual units to make an army with. Black Orcs are a single unit and a single hero. 

Sure, I guess you could make a “thematic” army of a Black Orc Lord, a Black Orc Hero, and 18 Black Orcs units, but that’s a bit of a stretch to call it a theme for the Greenskin roster. Certainly less important than the Savage Orc option.

Updated 5 days ago.
0Send private message
5 days ago
Sep 13, 2024, 5:01:50 PM

Orc Big Boss would probably make the most thematic sense to grace Gorbad's roster, but the Savage Orc Big Boss would be nice, too.

0Send private message
5 days ago
Sep 13, 2024, 5:04:39 PM

Theo91#7431 wrote:

Thomashu#5291 wrote:

TheWattman#7460 wrote:

But never say never!

I agree it's unlikely they'll get another DLC, but even if that's true they should finish the savage orcs.

Completing savage orcs properly is much better than doing both them and forest goblins half arsed

Agreed.

Better to full ass one thing than half ass two things.

0Send private message
5 days ago
Sep 13, 2024, 5:06:29 PM

Passthechips#4366 wrote:

I mean Savage Orcs are an actual themed army, with even a mechanical requirement to acquire them and 5 individual units to make an army with. Black Orcs are a single unit and a single hero. 

Sure, I guess you could make a “thematic” army of a Black Orc Lord, a Black Orc Hero, and 18 Black Orcs units, but that’s a bit of a stretch to call it a theme for the Greenskin roster. Certainly less important than the Savage Orc option.

I was mainly looking at his point of "Better to complete one theme than leave two incomplete". He was already saying that the Black Orc "theme" is incomplete. But to then say "Well it's better to add two Savage Orc characters than leave two of them at only one character option", doesn't make much sense, as the Black Orcs will still be left at one.

0Send private message
5 days ago
Sep 13, 2024, 6:38:29 PM

Passthechips#4366 wrote:

Actually, Old World just introduced Black Orc Chariots. And with Black Orcs as weaponly diverse as they are, they could stand to diversify into one or two more variants. Atleast the shielded ones.

And before anyone says anything about their weapon-swap rules, such abilities have little bearing on outside of the played battles. Wouldn't count towards auto-resolves and the like. Hence why we rather need variants.

0Send private message
5 days ago
Sep 13, 2024, 6:41:31 PM

Further, a Black Orc Warboss could easily distinguish himself in the wider roster. Give him a Greataxe and put him as an anti-large generic

Then give the Savage Warboss Dual Axes and you have yourself an anti-infantry blender, if somewhat fragile.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment