POLL: Knights on Foot for Bretonnia and the Empire in TW: Warhammer III - Yes or No?

Yes
Yes for Bretonnia only
Yes for the Empire only
No
Depends (please discuss in the comments)
Vote nowView results
Copied to clipboard!
8 days ago
Sep 11, 2024, 12:53:14 PM

Hey everyone,

I've seen the discussion about Knights on Foot on both Reddit and the forums here (example: https://community.creative-assembly.com/total-war/total-war-warhammer/forums/8-general-discussion/threads/7060-bretonnia-foot-knights?page=3#post-89724), so I thought to myself, why not make a poll and see what does the majority actually want or not want?

Much of the commentary has been already done numerous times, but if you could vote for an option, what would your vote be in a simple YES or NO?

If there are certain caveats which would influence your vote, please describe these caveats, and choose the "Depends" option. I've also included the "Yes for Bretonnia only" and "Yes for the Empire only" if someone believes Knights on Foot properly belong only to one of these races, and if so, please describe your reasoning in the comments.

I guess I can't forbid you to discuss your simple YES or NO answers, but bear in mind that this is a discussion that's been around for a while now.

Thanks for voting!

Updated 8 days ago.
0Send private message
8 days ago
Sep 11, 2024, 12:56:17 PM

I'm torn. I like the idea of knights on foot generally, but as a thing for Bretonnia it doesn't feel right. The nobility of Bretonnia are always apart from the commoners on their horses.

I would like to see Empire knightly orders on foot though, that would be cool.

0Send private message
8 days ago
Sep 11, 2024, 12:57:36 PM

Reiksguard on Foot: Absolutely

Bretonnian Knights on foot: Only if Bretonnia gets a DLC, which is very unlikely.

0Send private message
8 days ago
Sep 11, 2024, 1:34:18 PM
Empire Knights on Foot: In a limited capacity, I would like to see the Imperial Foot.

Bretonnian Knights: I'd rather see the Foot Squires embraced as proxies for Foot Knights! I went with this angle for my Bretonnia Tabletop reskin mod. They already are a lot like knights, using Questing Knight models and Greatswords. Give them a sword-and-board variant, some extra armor, a little more punch, and you're golden. This both solves the issue of Bretonnia needing some heavier infantry and avoids the problem of the nobility not wanting to fight on foot.
0Send private message
8 days ago
Sep 11, 2024, 1:39:28 PM

Imperial Foot would be a great elector count or limited Campaign unit.

Bretonnia used to have footknights in early editions, it does again now in ToW. it's already an extremely limited roster I don't think it would harm their playstyle at all and would make sieges (in both directions) much less frustrating. I wouldn't want to see Foot Questing/Grail Knights. I think it's good that Bretonnia remains the cavalry faction.

0Send private message
8 days ago
Sep 11, 2024, 2:25:10 PM

Yes... in limited scenarios or numbers.

Reiksguard Foot? Sure, with a limit of 4 total for the entire game, and only Karl's faction.

Foot Knights? Only in sieges.

0Send private message
8 days ago
Sep 11, 2024, 2:39:19 PM

Yes. In fact all Knight units for all factions should have a dismount option because Foot Knights exist in Bret, Empire and other southern territories.

It doubles for Bretonnia because these existed since 3rd ED, got reintroduced in 2nd ED Warhammer RPG via the Bretonnian Supplement and got into TOW as a CORE unit for Bretonnia. And before you ask, Squires are also an early edition Bretonnian unit that got included in the 1st TWW right after Bretonnia got its FLC pack and made officially playable. So adding in Foot Knights is the natural step here.

Make them available via dismount option (up to 4 units in the army for normal battles and ambush battles as the attacker, 0 for ambush battles if attacked, and unlimited in sieges), but limit it only to horse mounted knights. Also allow not only Knights of The Realm to dismount, but also Questing Knights and both Grail Knights and Guardians.

Foot Knights 3rd ED.jpg

Foot Knights.jpgBret General on FOOT.pngBretonnian Foot Knights.jpg

0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
8 days ago
Sep 11, 2024, 5:21:27 PM

mrchoppy123#9271 wrote:

Bretonnian Foot Knights in limited numbers are ok in my book and would help them in siege situations. 

Loreguy#1056 wrote:

Giving them option to dismount (like Shogun 2 mounted samurai) would solve the problem.

Like I suggested. Up to 4 Knight units can dismount before a normal battle or an ambush (if the Brets are the attackers), 0 in an ambush if the Brets are the ambushed, and during sieges you can dismount even all the knights if you want.

The only ones you can dismount are all horse mounted Knights. Not the Pegasus and Hippogryph Knights. Because why deny yourself air superiority?

0Send private message
8 days ago
Sep 11, 2024, 5:33:17 PM

Yes, as normal units as they were/are in TT.

Screenshot_20240911-193155.pngScreenshot_20240911-192417.png

Always funny to see people trying to artificially limit the game when it's something they don't particularly like.

0Send private message
8 days ago
Sep 11, 2024, 5:47:46 PM
Give back footknights to Bretonnia - they have had them from 3rd to 5th edition. And now in OW.

Give Empire Teutogens and Reiksguard on foot. 
0Send private message
8 days ago
Sep 11, 2024, 6:03:43 PM

mecanojavi99#6562 wrote:

Always funny to see people trying to artificially limit the game when it's something they don't particularly like.

Which White Dwarf is that?

TancredIIQuenelles#3970 wrote:
Give back footknights to Bretonnia - they have had them from 3rd to 5th edition. And now in OW.

Actually Teutogen Guard and Knights of The White Wolf were always separate units.

But yeah. Foot Reiksguard should be a thing and with sword + shield, greatsword and halberd variants.

Updated 8 days ago.
0Send private message
8 days ago
Sep 11, 2024, 6:13:02 PM

Eh, I don't mind it, but, preferably, dismounted Bretonnian knights should be a RoR.

Ideally, DLC should add more mounted units like Sons of Bretonnia and Questing Beast. Maybe snail riders, too.

0Send private message
8 days ago
Sep 11, 2024, 6:40:04 PM

Maedrethnir#1968 wrote:

Eh, I don't mind it, but, preferably, dismounted Bretonnian knights should be a RoR.

Ideally, DLC should add more mounted units like Sons of Bretonnia and Questing Beast. Maybe snail riders, too.

No. If they add Foot Knights for Brets, it will be not as a RoR. They'd instead add a Monfort-themed RoR to the regular Foot Knights.

And yes. Sons of Bretonnia and Questing/Grail Beasts are also a must here.

Updated 8 days ago.
0Send private message
8 days ago
Sep 11, 2024, 7:13:57 PM

Ben1990#8909 wrote:

mecanojavi99#6562 wrote:

Actually Teutogen Guard and Knights of The White Wolf were always separate units.

But yeah. Foot Reiksguard should be a thing and with sword + shield, greatsword and halberd variants.

310 if I'm not mistaken.

0Send private message
8 days ago
Sep 11, 2024, 7:21:22 PM

All mounted units should have the option of dismounting the same way all flying units have the option of landing.

0Send private message
8 days ago
Sep 11, 2024, 7:25:23 PM

mecanojavi99#6562 wrote:

Ben1990#8909 wrote:

mecanojavi99#6562 wrote:

310 if I'm not mistaken.

Thanks. Found only stuff from the 2nd pic, that issue doesn't have stuff from the 1st one. Darn. The 2nd pic is from p.120 of issue 310.

0Send private message
8 days ago
Sep 11, 2024, 7:47:31 PM

DarthEnderX-#6513 wrote:

All mounted units should have the option of dismounting the same way all flying units have the option of landing.

Agreed.

0Send private message
8 days ago
Sep 11, 2024, 7:53:14 PM

Loreguy#1056 wrote:

Giving them option to dismount (like Shogun 2 mounted samurai) would solve the problem.

This. So very much this. It is just too darn silly units cannot dismount.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment