How would you design a new Chaos Dwarf character?

Copied to clipboard!
10 days ago
Sep 6, 2024, 12:58:02 PM

Like with the recent Ogre thread, assuming we get Tordrek (Frankenstein monster naval chorf), the chaos dwarfs are a little bare when it comes to characters. Only other ones of note are Rykarth the Unbreakable (Who could be fleshed out, but I think they even gave his armor to Zhatan) and Ghorth the Cruel (Who is currently represented as a generic character in an npc faction). If GW/CA were to design a new character (Or two new characters depending on how froggy they're feeling) what would you like to see?

0Send private message
10 days ago
Sep 6, 2024, 1:07:14 PM

Warrior-priest Shar'tor was made for the WHFB but he b didn't make it in. 

Bullcentaur LL is obvious choice. I will vote for Tar'shor the priest-warrior.

0Send private message
0Send private message
10 days ago
Sep 6, 2024, 2:09:34 PM

Loreguy#1056 wrote:

Maybe not with the name so on the nose, but a Bull Centaur character would be my first choice yeah.

Updated 10 days ago.
0Send private message
10 days ago
Sep 6, 2024, 2:36:35 PM

Ayep.  Bull Centaur LL is the way to go.

LL:  Not-Shar'tor

LH:  Tordrek Hackhart

L:  Bull Centaur Lord

H:  Hobgoblin Big Boss

Chaos Dwarf Harridans

Chaos Dwarf Bazukas

Hobgoblin Bolt Thrower

Siege Giant

Magma Dragon

Updated 10 days ago.
0Send private message
10 days ago
Sep 6, 2024, 2:56:05 PM

MODIDDLY1#9212 wrote:

Loreguy#1056 wrote:

Maybe not with the name so on the nose, but a Bull Centaur character would be my first choice yeah.

Yeah, Bullcentaur LL would be neat but probably another name.

So, how about Bull'basaur? :D

0Send private message
10 days ago
Sep 6, 2024, 3:24:10 PM

Start with the Chaos Hat and make it really big. You can add a dwarf under it at some point if you feel like it.

0Send private message
0Send private message
10 days ago
Sep 6, 2024, 7:40:19 PM

lordzuko1#9840 wrote:
Imo a Chaos dwarf engineer would be cool a option like Malakai.

*looks at Astragoth*

0Send private message
10 days ago
Sep 6, 2024, 7:51:04 PM

lordzuko1#9840 wrote:

With Chorfs only having 3 characters right now, it does feel like CA tried to have everything covered, even when it might not make sense. Drazhoath is the infernal guard but also the K'daii demon forges, Zhatan is both the Laborer/Hobgoblins as well as the War Machines, Astragoth is the "Race leader" character, but also for some reason covers the bull centaurs.

0Send private message
10 days ago
Sep 6, 2024, 8:32:07 PM

My personal wishlist in order of desireability:

1. New Hobgoblin character to substitute the subrace campaign that Gorduz lost out on.

2. Abnagg Helbeard, Chaos Dwarf Admiral stationed in the Southlands's eastern coast.

3. Rykarth, assuming he starts in Talabecland to mirror the Nemesis Crown campaign

4. New Bull Centaur character

With the following DLC to follow:

Hobgoblin Khan L

Hobgoblin Boss H

Magma Dragon

Kollossus

Harridans

Chaos Siege Giant

Bazuka weapon teams

Updated 10 days ago.
0Send private message
10 days ago
Sep 6, 2024, 8:33:34 PM

MODIDDLY1#9212 wrote:

lordzuko1#9840 wrote:

With Chorfs only having 3 characters right now, it does feel like CA tried to have everything covered, even when it might not make sense. Drazhoath is the infernal guard but also the K'daii demon forges, Zhatan is both the Laborer/Hobgoblins as well as the War Machines, Astragoth is the "Race leader" character, but also for some reason covers the bull centaurs.

Bull Centaurs primarily serve as guardians in temples of Hashut and servants of the Sorceror-Prophets. Astragoth is the race leader as High Priest of Hashut, so it makes sense that they would follow him/he boost them.

0Send private message
10 days ago
Sep 6, 2024, 8:44:37 PM

Passthechips#4366 wrote:
Bull Centaurs primarily serve as guardians in temples of Hashut and servants of the Sorceror-Prophets. Astragoth is the race leader as High Priest of Hashut, so it makes sense that they would follow him/he boost them.

Huh, I guess that sorta makes sense. Still feels a bit odd though

0Send private message
10 days ago
Sep 6, 2024, 10:08:56 PM

lordzuko1#9840 wrote:

Daemonsmiths and Sorcerer Prophets are Chaos Dwarfs engineers. We have Sorcerer Prophets LLs. The problem is that neither of them has any unique buffs for Chaos Dwarfs war machines.

0Send private message
10 days ago
Sep 6, 2024, 10:24:12 PM

Definitely a bull Centaur of some sort.

If there's heroes of them it makes sense to have a named version.

0Send private message
9 days ago
Sep 7, 2024, 7:06:53 AM

lordzuko1#9840 wrote:

Todrek Hackheart.Plus, he is not even a Chaos Dwarf by birth and makes sense to start abroad.

0Send private message
9 days ago
Sep 7, 2024, 10:51:59 AM

The bulliest centaur of them all. A hulking monstrosity of living metal wreathed in flame and shadow. The first of his kind, whispered to be a scion of Hashut himself. Servant of the Father alone.

0Send private message
9 days ago
Sep 7, 2024, 1:52:00 PM

Maedrethnir#1968 wrote:
A hulking monstrosity of living metal wreathed in flame and shadow.

The whole "bull made of metal" theme is kinda already taken by Taurox.

0Send private message
9 days ago
Sep 7, 2024, 4:39:05 PM

If you want to be REAL goofy, you could have some Slave Uprising Charcter who gets buffs to units like them (And as a result, can't recruit Chaos Dwarfs.), maybe make it so they follow Hashut though and consider themselves Hashut's REAL Chosen. Maybe even get some Warriors of Chaos who are followers of Hashut alongside the Greenskins.
Might as well go full crazy.

0Send private message
9 days ago
Sep 7, 2024, 6:49:12 PM

WarbossAohd#6756 wrote:
If you want to be REAL goofy, you could have some Slave Uprising Charcter who gets buffs to units like them (And as a result, can't recruit Chaos Dwarfs.)

We have that already.  His name is Grimgor.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment