Now is the time to go all in on Grand Cathay

Copied to clipboard!
10 days ago
Sep 6, 2024, 12:34:05 PM

​Welcome ladies, gentlemen, boys, girls, and those enjoying a delicious cup of tea, I highly recommend Pu Erh.

I am here to present to you today the idea that now is the time to go all in on Grand Cathay, and Grand it is indeed. Recently the Wukong game smeshed records, getting 17 million sales within a couple weeks and peaking at 2 million concurrent players. More than double Elden Ring's peak. While a different Genre the main character is broadly similar to the Monkey King, and is, like Grand Cathay, based heavily on Chinese mythology. It demonstrates a clear and current demand for dark Chinese Fantasy. And luckily Warhammer Fantasy has its own version of the Monkey King.

The proposal here is that Grand Cathay get at least four Lord Pack sections. And that these Lord Pack sections get an additional level of resources applied to them to make them especially good. The LP sections Grand Cathay gets should be filled with the effort and passion that they deserve. They could even do a Grand Cathay vs Grand Cathay DLC, with Monkey King vs Li Dao being a potentially fire DLC. Get it? Pun. This would arguably be better than Grand Cathay vs a weaker race and certainly has enough potential to be thought of seriously.

Now, we know CA/GW can make as many characters for Grand Cathay as they like. We also know Grand Cathay has a glut of A+ potential content. Chinese Mythology and history offers a rich tapestry of potential, and this potential, well, it can certainly pay the bills. I am arguing for more content here, and for Grand Cathay to get more. This is not at the expense of any other faction.

So CA. It's time. It's time to go all in on Grand Cathay!

Updated 10 days ago.
0Send private message
10 days ago
Sep 6, 2024, 12:39:42 PM

First they will not and second

Not seeing Cathay pulling these numbers in any way even if CA losing their mind and try it 

0Send private message
10 days ago
Sep 6, 2024, 12:47:44 PM

I don't think it was necessary to revive a thread that had already run its course without putting in even one new argument.

0Send private message
10 days ago
Sep 6, 2024, 1:16:00 PM

Shen Zoo as chaos corrupted dragon LL for DoC faction.

She is from Cathay. DoC need more mechanics and another LL could bring them. 

Win-win. 

0Send private message
10 days ago
Sep 6, 2024, 1:18:35 PM

Beast_of_Guanyin#8747 wrote:
So CA. It's time. Time to go all in on Grand Cathay.

At the very minimum the “time” will have to be at least another 8 months to a year before we see the DLC after Khorne, which isn’t guaranteed to have Cathay in it.

Not really striking while the iron is hot, huh?

Updated 10 days ago.
0Send private message
10 days ago
Sep 6, 2024, 1:29:48 PM

This kind of behaviour only adds to the distaste for Cathay. 

And again, what kind of race favouritism or insanity is it to ask CA to ‘go all in on Grand Cathay’ when there are still so many of the old races that haven't been updated?

0Send private message
10 days ago
Sep 6, 2024, 1:31:15 PM

Were 30 pages not enough with the last thread? Pretty sure this constitutes as a duplicate thread seeing as no new topic is being raised. Also for that matter the OP is seriously reading like a troll attempt seeing as we all saw the backlash from the fake leak which proposed the same idea. I'm all for more Cathay content but not in that format. Getting the feeling this thread has been made to deliberately rile up those who opposed the leak idea and would oppose this too (pretty sure that constitutes as trolling).

0Send private message
10 days ago
Sep 6, 2024, 1:37:19 PM

TainBoCuailinge#8335 wrote:

I don't think it was necessary to revive a thread that had already run its course without putting in even one new argument.

I think 'run its course' is an understatement. We had 30 pages of some people saying please don't overload us with Cathay content or other saying Cathay content is good but please spread it out.

With the exception of BoG, i dont think anyone wanted a Cathay vs Cathay DLC. They're obviously welcome to say if i'm wrong but we dont need more of this

0Send private message
10 days ago
Sep 6, 2024, 1:39:52 PM

yanghaohit#5017 wrote:

And again, what kind of race favouritism or insanity is it to ask CA to ‘go all in on Grand Cathay’ when there are still so many of the old races that haven't been updated?

Agreed on this too. There's nothing wrong with Cathay in moderation (which is true for all races) but threads like this just leave a bad taste in the mouth

Updated 10 days ago.
0Send private message
10 days ago
Sep 6, 2024, 2:05:38 PM

The proposal here is that Grand Cathay get at least four Lord Pack sections. And that these Lord Pack sections get an additional level of resources applied to them to make them especially good. The LP sections Grand Cathay gets should be filled with the effort and passion that they deserve. They could even do a Grand Cathay vs Grand Cathay DLC, with Monkey King vs Li Dao being a potentially fire DLC. Get it? Pun. This would arguably be better than Grand Cathay vs a weaker race and certainly has enough potential to be thought of seriously.

So the other factions don't deserve that extra effort and passion from CA, right? Nor the additional level of resources you mention either? 

Don't you see that everything you say is absurd? Of course, ALL factions in the game must have exactly the same level of effort and dedication into their DLC and FLC content. 

Cathay is nothing special than any other faction. 

For example, my favorite faction is the HE and I have never expected them to have special treatment compared to the others. 

It seems that an ultra Cathay fan like you is incapable of understanding it.

0Send private message
10 days ago
Sep 6, 2024, 2:11:45 PM

What's the point of opening the same threat again when everyone already told you what they think about your idea? 

Like, I seriously fail to see what's the big idea, that magically everyone had changed their minds?

The only thing you are achieving is alienating people against Cathay, the same way it happened with Veresh and HE in the old forums.

0Send private message
10 days ago
Sep 6, 2024, 2:28:53 PM

There is no time to go "all in" on Grand Cathay.

Grand Cathay content should be spread out over a couple Lord Packs.  Just like most other Races.

A Mountains of Heaven-themed pack.  With MK as the LL and Li Dao as the FLL.

And, a respectable amount of time later, a Yin-yin pack with various sea units/whatever else Cathay needs to finish off it's roster.

This is what Cathay needs and deserves.

0Send private message
10 days ago
Sep 6, 2024, 2:41:06 PM

Two days ago:
image_2024-09-06_154016107.pngTwo Hours ago: literally starts this thread

What is OP hoping to gain by starting up a topic that they closed because of what they would see as bigoted opinions?

Updated 10 days ago.
0Send private message
10 days ago
Sep 6, 2024, 9:20:37 PM

DarthEnderX-#6513 wrote:

There is no time to go "all in" on Grand Cathay.

Grand Cathay content should be spread out over a couple Lord Packs.  Just like most other Races.

A Mountains of Heaven-themed pack.  With MK as the LL and Li Dao as the FLL.

And, a respectable amount of time later, a Yin-yin pack with various sea units/whatever else Cathay needs to finish off it's roster.

This is what Cathay needs and deserves.

Totally agree.

0Send private message
10 days ago
Sep 6, 2024, 9:53:38 PM

Couple people are asking why I posted the thread. The original was taken over by trolls and closed by mods. I feel like posting the topic again so I've re-written it from scratch with the same broad points. Noting no one is forced to come here or reply if they don't want to. 

Updated 10 days ago.
0Send private message
10 days ago
Sep 6, 2024, 10:08:00 PM

Lunaticprince#9972 wrote:

First they will not and second

Not seeing Cathay pulling these numbers in any way even if CA losing their mind and try it 

Of course they can. There's every argument for them to. 

TWW isn't going to pull millions of numbers, but it does indicate the demand for Chinese fantasy is out there. It has the potential to do well, and we know it has the content to do very well.

0Send private message
10 days ago
Sep 6, 2024, 10:08:02 PM

What a petulant reply. Almost as if you are more interested in starting business rather than honestly discussing the topic at hand.

0Send private message
10 days ago
Sep 6, 2024, 10:14:17 PM

White-Paladin#3008 wrote:

So the other factions don't deserve that extra effort and passion from CA, right? Nor the additional level of resources you mention either? 

Don't you see that everything you say is absurd? Of course, ALL factions in the game must have exactly the same level of effort and dedication into their DLC and FLC content. 

Cathay is nothing special than any other faction. 

For example, my favorite faction is the HE and I have never expected them to have special treatment compared to the others. 

It seems that an ultra Cathay fan like you is incapable of understanding it.

I'm advocating for the faction I like to get more effort. I am not arguing for that to be at the cost of others getting less. This thread has nothing to do with other factions, hence why the OP doesn't mention them.

0Send private message
10 days ago
Sep 6, 2024, 10:16:42 PM

yanghaohit#5017 wrote:

I am not responsible for the hatred of others. 

And again, this isn't arguing for Cathay over those other races, they'll still be involved and get their own content. I am arguing for 4 very good LP sections for Grand Cathay. And if anything that'll help other races get updated as it's more DLCs for them to be involved with. I am explicitly asking for more. Not less.

0Send private message
10 days ago
Sep 6, 2024, 10:19:20 PM

Passthechips#4366 wrote:

So CA. It's time. Time to go all in on Grand Cathay.

At the very minimum the “time” will have to be at least another 8 months to a year before we see the DLC after Khorne, which isn’t guaranteed to have Cathay in it.

Not really striking while the iron is hot, huh?

Eh, I'm always hopeful they can speed that process up by a bit or a lot. 

Still, it's not like this demand is going to go down anytime soon. If anything it just revealed what's obvious.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment