Bannermen and officers that are in the miniatures but not in the game, why?

Copied to clipboard!
10 days ago
Sep 6, 2024, 12:16:48 PM

If all Total War games have always had officers and standard bearers in every squad, then the question is...why have they never had them in Warhammer? Consider the fact that even the miniatures have them! Since you make minor patches making different fixes, it's about time to just add them closing this hole of almost 10 years ago!

0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message
10 days ago
Sep 6, 2024, 12:42:17 PM

MODIDDLY1#9212 wrote:

Ehh, I feel like half the units in the game don't make sense having banner carriers anyway

I know that some units don't need standard bearers, but at the same time, it's about infantry, cavalry, and riflemen

0Send private message
10 days ago
Sep 6, 2024, 12:47:49 PM

And Unit Captains/Commanders.

Honestly, this is probably one of the few things people have asked for that I don't think anyone is against.

0Send private message
10 days ago
Sep 6, 2024, 1:02:38 PM

And armypainter. One could say painting the army is 50% of the hobby. But in fact it's 90%.

Oh and would be cool to show equiped special banners on the battlefield (like iron standard, ethernal flame and others).

0Send private message
10 days ago
Sep 6, 2024, 1:07:47 PM

SafironDracolich#6190 wrote:

MODIDDLY1#9212 wrote:

Ehh, I feel like half the units in the game don't make sense having banner carriers anyway

I know that some units don't need standard bearers, but at the same time, it's about infantry, cavalry, and riflemen

So what about Saurus, Skinks, Gors, Ungors, Dawi, Bloodletters, Skaven, Goblins, Orcs etc.? You would need unique animations for each unique skeleton in the game. It is just to much work. 

0Send private message
10 days ago
Sep 6, 2024, 1:25:36 PM

The guy who made the video over saturated it a bit... But you get the idea, officers and bannermen. Faction / region specific banners + unit specific banners

Updated 10 days ago.
0Send private message
10 days ago
Sep 6, 2024, 1:59:48 PM

Captain_Rex#1635 wrote:

MODIDDLY1#9212 wrote:

So what about Saurus, Skinks, Gors, Ungors, Dawi, Bloodletters, Skaven, Goblins, Orcs etc.? You would need unique animations for each unique skeleton in the game. It is just to much work. 

I was just referring to all races, but that said, I don't think it's difficult or expensive given the successes associated with Thrones of Decay

0Send private message
10 days ago
Sep 6, 2024, 2:07:43 PM

CA has been crystal clear about this in the past, it's not going to happen because it's one of those things that are either there from the start or not at all, because now it would be a ludicrous amount of work.

0Send private message
10 days ago
Sep 6, 2024, 2:15:56 PM

CA could at least change a bit a few tables with an extra columns to give better support to this, and let the modders do the actual job of adding all the banners.

0Send private message
10 days ago
Sep 6, 2024, 2:16:54 PM

Captain_Rex#1635 wrote:

MODIDDLY1#9212 wrote:

I was just referring to all races, but that said, I don't think it's difficult or expensive given the successes associated with Thrones of Decay

Well whats your info based on that it isn't difficult or expansive? CA would have to create 50-80 new unique animations and skeletons, it is to much work and will never happen as CA told us already. 

0Send private message
10 days ago
Sep 6, 2024, 2:19:59 PM

Captain_Rex#1635 wrote:
Well whats your info based on that it isn't difficult or expansive? CA would have to create 50-80 new unique animations and skeletons, it is to much work and will never happen as CA told us already. 

Basically this. CA could spend the time making all the unique models and animations for captains and banners for existing units, or they could spend that same time making models and animations for new units. Most people would prefer the later.

0Send private message
10 days ago
Sep 6, 2024, 3:24:30 PM

WarbossAohd#6756 wrote:

And Unit Captains/Commanders.

Honestly, this is probably one of the few things people have asked for that I don't think anyone is against.

Don't be so sure. There's always THAT guy who gets off on being the contrarian. There's always one for every feature requested. Even for something as basic as DLC for DLC.

0Send private message
0Send private message
10 days ago
Sep 6, 2024, 4:04:19 PM

If all Total War games have always had officers and standard bearers in every squad, then the question is...why have they never had them in Warhammer?

Because every standard bearer and officer in previous TW games was just a guy in a different outfit.

TWWH is a bajillion different creatures that would all need new banner-holding animations.

So I understand why we don't have unit standard bearers and musicians for every unit in the game.

But I still wish they at LEAST gave each Race an Army Standard Bearer hero.  One extra Hero per Race shouldn't be that big a deal.

0Send private message
0Send private message
9 days ago
Sep 7, 2024, 11:05:56 AM

If all Total War games have always had officers and standard bearers in every squad, then the question is...why have they never had them in Warhammer? Consider the fact that even the miniatures have them! Since you make minor patches making different fixes, it's about time to just add them closing this hole of almost 10 years ago!

Don't forget regimental champions who are a cut above the average member of the regiment and who lead said regiments to battle.

Wish we had these along with musicians and standard bearers. Bonus if the magical standards they are assigned to their regiment are displayed by the standard bearer.

0Send private message
9 days ago
Sep 7, 2024, 1:58:03 PM

I'll be honest, I kinda prefer unit Champions being their own separate Champion units instead.

Unit champions wouldn't be of much use in TWWH.  Their main use in WHFB was dueling other characters, and adding a magic item to a unit.  Neither of which really work for units in TWWH.

Instead, using them to create a more elite version of a unit that functions the same, but has better stats(in exchange for a lower model count), allowing you to make use of that unit type after they'd normally be obsolete, is a better use for them.  I just wish we had more of them.

Updated 9 days ago.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment