I would trade Dogs of War for more Lord Packs

Updating races is more important, even if we have to sacrifice Dogs of War
Dogs of War needs to be in, even if some races never gets updated
Vote now
Copied to clipboard!
4 months ago
Jun 15, 2024, 9:41:59 AM

Controversial take, I know, but if future DLC are indeed limited, I'd much rather we focus on updating, fixing, and completing (as much as possible) every races that are already in.

Creating a full new race takes more ressources than creating a few units and characters for an already made race. Also, I highly doubt DoW will release in a near perfect state. At best, we get something like Chaos Dwarfs, a good faction with good mechanics but with a big chunk missing out of their roster. At worse, we get something like Ogres, an imperfect faction that would need fixing itself later on.

Compared to that, we get a LOT more value out of a Lord Pack. Technically, they are easier to make, and you get the opportunity to fill the gaps in the rosters AND get a second look at outdated races AND add missing characters. 

For the races in need of updates and/or units, I'm talking Norsca, Vampire Counts, Vampire Coast, Kislev, Lizardmen, Empire, Cathay, Khorne, Slaanesh, Greenskins, High Elves, Skaven Tomb Kings, Ogre Kingdoms (and Daemons of Chaos too, even if they're not getting a DLC). 

That's 14 races (minus DoC), and you can cover almost all of them in 4 of those 3 character Lord Packs (including the one that just got announced). Some of these could even get away with some minor updates.

0Send private message
4 months ago
Jun 15, 2024, 9:44:58 AM

Dogs of Wars is my most expected DLC (tied with a Bloodlines DLC) , and I hope it can be used to introduce minor factions like Hobgoblins, Amazons, Araby...

So no, I prefer DoW race pack.

Updated 4 months ago.
0Send private message
4 months ago
Jun 15, 2024, 9:50:23 AM

I want DoW for mainly 2 reasons:

1. The possibility of an Aranessa rework alongside them, giving her access to a proper living roster and becoming an Untainted faction.

2. Marco Colombo being in the New World Colonies AS AN ALLY OF THE LIZARDMEN against the Doom-Trifecta of Yuan Bo, Alberic and The Marshal That Must Not Be Named.

If these things don't happen, then I'd rather have an extra LP.

0Send private message
4 months ago
Jun 15, 2024, 9:52:59 AM

TheWattman#7460 wrote:

I want DoW for mainly 2 reasons:

1. The possibility of an Aranessa rework alongside them, giving her access to a proper living roster and becoming an Untainted faction.

2. Marco Colombo being in the New World Colonies AS AN ALLY OF THE LIZARDMEN against the Doom-Trifecta of Yuan Bo, Alberic and The Marshal That Must Not Be Named.

If these things don't happen, then I'd rather have an extra LP.

You could probably get that Aranessa rework with a Vampire Coast LP.

0Send private message
4 months ago
Jun 15, 2024, 10:02:24 AM

I agree, as I said in some earlier threads. Even though it may not be a popular take.

The DoW are pretty boring, in my eyes. They were replaced by the Ogre Kingdoms for a reason.

0Send private message
0Send private message
4 months ago
Jun 15, 2024, 10:24:42 AM

Did you really need to make another post to once again reiterate how you don't want DoW? The last 10 didn't seem enough for you?

0Send private message
0Send private message
4 months ago
Jun 15, 2024, 10:30:28 AM

mecanojavi99#6562 wrote:

Did you really need to make another post to once again reiterate how you don't want DoW? The last 10 didn't seem enough for you?

First, I only made one. That one didn't have a poll and was made before the recent news that 3-way lord packs are still on the table. And I didn't want to necro an outdated post.

If you don't want to participated, you're free to ignore this post, you know?

0Send private message
4 months ago
Jun 15, 2024, 10:32:05 AM

davedave1124#4773 wrote:

I don’t want to be hit by constant lord packs for the entire time. Race packs should be at least 2 per game.

We wouldn't have gotten this far if WH2 only had 2 race packs.

0Send private message
0Send private message
4 months ago
Jun 15, 2024, 10:35:23 AM

Fossoway#5540 wrote:

davedave1124#4773 wrote:

I don’t want to be hit by constant lord packs for the entire time. Race packs should be at least 2 per game.

What? We get 2 major race packs per game. That’s a good number and for those who prefer lord packs only, you still get the majority of DLC.

You know that a lot of people like more races so, I’d let them have their 2 DLCs.

0Send private message
4 months ago
Jun 15, 2024, 10:38:23 AM

davedave1124#4773 wrote:

Fossoway#5540 wrote:

davedave1124#4773 wrote:

What? We get 2 major race packs per game. That’s a good number and for those who prefer lord packs only, you still get the majority of DLC.

You know that a lot of people like more races so, I’d let them have their 2 DLCs.

Oh yeah, sorry, I was thinking about lord packs, my bad.

But you know, technically WH3 already got 2 race packs (Ogres and Chaos Dwarfs). And they got 7 races at launch too. It's already a lot and they gotta fill those up.

0Send private message
4 months ago
Jun 15, 2024, 10:39:16 AM

As a WHFB casual, I would rather replace a placeholder faction with a real faction, than worry about a couple of niche lords and units I don't know or care about anyways.

If it's an epic SEM, I can understand the need.  But if it's another infantry unit except with 2 swords instead of one, then no I don't care.  I want steampunk Renaissance Italians and Venetians, with possibly new gameplay and battlefield mechanics.

0Send private message
4 months ago
Jun 15, 2024, 10:41:24 AM

Fossoway#5540 wrote:

davedave1124#4773 wrote:

Fossoway#5540 wrote:

davedave1124#4773 wrote:

Oh yeah, sorry, I was thinking about lord packs, my bad.

But you know, technically WH3 already got 2 race packs (Ogres and Chaos Dwarfs). And they got 7 races at launch too. It's already a lot and they gotta fill those up.

No one really counts the free marketing race packs because they’re cheaply made, including Norsca and WoC.

0Send private message
4 months ago
Jun 15, 2024, 10:45:28 AM

Sandboxhead#8494 wrote:
I want steampunk Renaissance Italians and Venetians, with possibly new gameplay and battlefield mechanics.

Then you came to the wrong place.

0Send private message
4 months ago
Jun 15, 2024, 10:48:03 AM

I didn't  vote because  saying dow is the reason some races never get updated is wild 

They should be in

0Send private message
4 months ago
Jun 15, 2024, 10:49:42 AM

SerPus#7395 wrote:

Sandboxhead#8494 wrote:
I want steampunk Renaissance Italians and Venetians, with possibly new gameplay and battlefield mechanics.

Then you came to the wrong place.

What do you mean?  That's what the Southern Realms are.

0Send private message
0Send private message
4 months ago
Jun 15, 2024, 10:55:17 AM

Sandboxhead#8494 wrote:
What do you mean?  That's what the Southern Realms are.

No quite. Dogs of War(Tileans to be specific) are Renaissance Italians, but there is no steampunk element. They are much less technologically advanced than the Empire.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment