Tamurkhan, The Maggot Lord Gameplay Showcase

Copied to clipboard!
0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message
6 months ago
Apr 11, 2024, 2:18:15 PM

The commentary was a bit awkward, but I wasn’t expecting it haha

Looks like an older version of the Sorcerer was used for the Let’s Play compared to the model that was showcased. Otherwise the new Nurgle units actually look pretty sweet in game. Plague Ogres look better here than they did in the trailer.

Chieftain mechanic looks pretty good, though I’m sad the Chaos Warrior isn’t Orbhal.

Tech tree rework using the Chaos Dwarf tech is great! Glad to see that’s being used more and hope the Dwarfs get similar treatment.

Also looks like Nurgle is getting a new army ability? Nurgling bombardment is certainly a choice.

0Send private message
6 months ago
Apr 11, 2024, 2:19:34 PM
Passthechips#4366 wrote:
Looks like an older version of the Sorcerer was used for the Let’s Play compared to the model that was showcased. Otherwise the new Nurgle units actually look pretty sweet in game.

Noticed that as well, wasn't it the generic Sorcerer Lord model they already have? Looked familiar.

0Send private message
0Send private message
6 months ago
Apr 11, 2024, 2:22:35 PM

ooh I noticed at 7:00 he has siege towers, but the enemy army isn't all busted up from attrition so hopefully they did something to sieges!

0Send private message
6 months ago
Apr 11, 2024, 2:23:02 PM
Mr-Vorn#1203 wrote:
Passthechips#4366 wrote:
Looks like an older version of the Sorcerer was used for the Let’s Play compared to the model that was showcased. Otherwise the new Nurgle units actually look pretty sweet in game.

Noticed that as well, wasn't it the generic Sorcerer Lord model they already have? Looked familiar.

Yeah it basically was. Definitely assume it’s a placeholder considering there were a bunch of placeholder icons like at 1:26.

As a side note, the animations are really awesome. The Toad Dragons look freakin’ amazing and I love how Tamurkhan moves like a loose puppet. Absolutely fantastic work there.

Updated 6 months ago.
0Send private message
6 months ago
Apr 11, 2024, 2:23:03 PM

I was trying to check for any map changes, while I didnt notice any I noticed this:

The grudge ICON - If i have to guess they added major Grudges ! Maybe when you do them you get a faction wide buff ?

0Send private message
6 months ago
Apr 11, 2024, 2:23:43 PM

Looks...

AWESOME!

0Send private message
6 months ago
Apr 11, 2024, 2:23:48 PM
1v0#3562 wrote:

I was trying to check for any map changes, while I didnt notice any I noticed this:

The grudge ICON - If i have to guess they added major Grudges ! Maybe when you do them you get a faction wide buff ?

Nice spot

0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
6 months ago
Apr 11, 2024, 2:26:48 PM
Maedrethnir#1968 wrote:

The Chaos Lord of Nurgle and the Rot Knights need full remodels. This filth is unacceptable.

Are you going to say that in every thread forever now?

0Send private message
0Send private message
6 months ago
Apr 11, 2024, 2:28:57 PM

Am I the only one that thinks this video was waaaay more professionally made that previous ones?

The new Tech Tree looks to have taken some pages from the Chorfs one in that it has distinct sections, would love to see that be the new standard for all Races, I imagine the Dwarfs and Empire will also get something similar.

I also spotted a new defensive building for Nurgle which I imagine it's the standard walls/garrison building other Races have, which is an absolute blessing considering how awful it was being unable to build walls on settlements.

His mechanics look fun, he is more Everchosen than Archaon will ever be, being able to recruit from different Races and going around with an army of Heros.

Talking about his Lieutenants, they seem to be a very evolved version of Markus Hunters, neat.

I will have to play around with the new Plague Inc before giving an opinion on that, but I have to say that I will miss the retro art from the old one.

It also looks like Tamurkhan doesn't have acces to Unholy Manifestations or the Great Game, maybe they are being kept for Daemonic LLs only?

Overall 10/10 for Tamurkhan, a dream come true seeing him finally in the game and Nurgle getting a much needed rework, now onwards to Epidemius.

0Send private message
0Send private message
6 months ago
Apr 11, 2024, 2:33:53 PM
1v0#3562 wrote:

Why would it show up for Tamurkhan then?

0Send private message
0Send private message
Comment