The game's frequent updates has destroyed almost EVERY IMMORTAL CAMPAIGN I've ever played

Copied to clipboard!
24 days ago
Jul 12, 2024, 4:17:11 AM

I've played quite a lot of Total War Warhammer since launch. Total combining over 3000 hours total. What is crazy to me, is that I only remember beating a handful of Immortal campaigns. Why is this you ask? Well I got into the jive that I thought Legendary Campaigns were the only way to play for a bit. Then I realized the balancing issues, the overwhelming amount of seeing what the AI actually does, to the siege battle glitches and issue being able to actually take out 3x entire armies with 3 artillery in siege battles... BLAH BLAH BLAH You get it I've played a lot and have seen a lot of bad, but a lot of good as well hence the overwhelming amount of hours. 

The point being, my campaigns aren't finishing. Why? Whenever I get into the groove of starting a new campaign and getting oh so close to finishing, an update totally destroys my save. It's happened, almost over 70% of my campaigns. That's insane to think about. I just want to finish my damn Immortal Campaign. These campaigns take MONTHS to finish in my eyes if you have things to do, more priorites, you can't finish with the timeframe of these UPDATE. They're killing every one of my campaigns. It's crazy. The closer I get to finishing and thinking, "Boy this game is great," you put out an update that fixes LESS THAN 10 THINGS. ARE YOU KIDDING. Just big updates ffs. And maybe, get it all together in one go and stop destroying another part of the damn game. You guys didn't even fix weapons % bug in Warhammer 2 for MONTHS. I have bought every title from this franchise, yet I still have yet to finish more than 3 Immortal Empires. And no, I don't want to change the difficulty anymore because I'm totally stomping on easy. You'll just ruin another one of my campaigns eventually with an FU update to me. Fucking feels like it man. 

Updated 24 days ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message
23 days ago
Jul 12, 2024, 6:31:06 AM

There are solutions to this. Rollback as Darth listed and simply turn off updates. 

CA, please continue the updates.

0Send private message
23 days ago
Jul 12, 2024, 6:52:52 AM

Pretty sure updates don't kill save files. 

Anyway, your campaigns aren't finishing because you take too long. Months for a campaign is a lonnnnnng time, and CA can't reasonably be expected to not update the game for that length. Hell, CA is slowwwww to begin with.

0Send private message
0Send private message
23 days ago
Jul 12, 2024, 8:57:16 AM

Kind of sounds like more of a "you" problem than anything else. It sounds to me that any one of your campaign takes literal months and months to complete. Are you going for a full map-paint every time? Do you only have like 30mins sessions per day?

The vast majority of updates CA gives us are hotfixes that don't break anything. Major save-breaking patches are separated by multiple months.

I also play with like 60mods at a time and i regularly complete campaigns in-between major patches without any issues.

And as others have said, if it does break yours simply roll back to the previous build. It's an option that is there for this specific reason.

CA please ignore the guy and keep updating the game, thanks.

0Send private message
23 days ago
Jul 12, 2024, 9:40:32 AM

I only remember saves break, when I didn't play a save for a couple of patches. I never had it break after a hotfix.

0Send private message
23 days ago
Jul 12, 2024, 11:18:53 AM

Hi there, appreciate that sometimes people have long-running campaigns. As a player above mentioned, we have rollback builds available - this allows you to continue your campaign on a previous build, unaffected by the most recent changes. https://community.creative-assembly.com/total-war/total-war-warhammer/forums/8-general-discussion/threads/1697-how-to-roll-back-to-a-previous-build-of-total-war-warhammer-iii Best, CA_Nova

0Send private message
23 days ago
Jul 12, 2024, 12:33:32 PM

Normally, for vanilla game, patch doesn't break saves, and hotfix almost never do. Even if it does, you can also easily fix the problem by rolling back to the previous build.

However, if you use a lot of mods, then this is your own problem. You should learn to back up the your mods beforehand.There are many tutorials on the web, searching and finding them is not difficult.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment