How to roll back to a previous build of Total War: WARHAMMER III

Copied to clipboard!
9 months ago
Dec 1, 2023, 10:05:19 AM

Greetings!

We hope you're enjoying the latest updates to Total War: WARHAMMER III

We understand that changes implemented in patches and hotfixes can affect your current campaign playthroughs, and may not immediately function with your favourite mods until the mod creator has been able to update it accordingly. To ensure that our players have the best gaming experience possible, we'd like to make you aware that there is an option to rollback to a previous build of the game within Steam itself.

Here's how you can do it:

1. Open your Steam client and go to your Library.
  2. Right-click on Total War: WARHAMMER III and select 'Properties'.
  3. Navigate to the 'Betas' tab.
  4. In the drop-down menu, you will find two rollback options: 'rollback_1' and 'rollback_2'. Each corresponds to a different previous build of the game. Select the one you prefer.
  5. Steam will then download the necessary files to revert to the selected build.

(You can redownload the latest version at any time by repeating the steps above and selecting 'None' in the Betas dropdown.)

There are some things to note when doing this:

• While in a rollback build, you may not have access to the most recent updates or multiplayer compatibility with the latest version. We recommend checking the specific changes within our release notes for each rollback option.
  • Any mods that have already been updated to work with later builds may cause functionality issues with older builds. We recommend paying attention to which of your mods have already been updated to avoid any functionality issues.
  • Saves created on a later version of the game should not be used on a rollback build as they may not be compatible. We always recommend creating a backup of any save files before trying them on a different build.

Thank you all for your continued support and feedback which is helping us make Total War: WARHAMMER III better with every release.

See you on the battlefield!

—The Total War Team

Updated 9 months ago.
0Send private message
9 months ago
Dec 1, 2023, 2:23:50 PM

Interesting.  Not something I'm likely to ever use.  But I can see it being useful for people that were in the middle of a long campaign when a patch hits and want to be able to finish the campaign.

Thanks for the info.

Updated 9 months ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
9 months ago
Dec 1, 2023, 3:04:21 PM

Like the patches but you’re really slipping with the communication again guys. It’s getting pretty obvious that you’re going to miss the release date, some info would be much appreciated on the next DLC.

Grown up communication goes a long way.

0Send private message
9 months ago
Dec 1, 2023, 4:44:01 PM

Not a great reflection on the game when CA's own staff don't like the current version and are using the betas!

0Send private message
0Send private message
9 months ago
Dec 1, 2023, 5:08:07 PM
Ingr8#8085 wrote:

Not a great reflection on the game when CA's own staff don't like the current version and are using the betas!

Sarcasm?

0Send private message
9 months ago
Dec 1, 2023, 5:12:46 PM
Schub#9514 wrote:
Ingr8#8085 wrote:

Sarcasm?

Yeah, wanting to complete your campaign has nothing to do with not liking the latest patch.  Stay salty people

0Send private message
9 months ago
Dec 1, 2023, 6:52:27 PM
Schub#9514 wrote:
Ingr8#8085 wrote:

Sarcasm?

More tongue in cheek

0Send private message
9 months ago
Dec 2, 2023, 3:48:24 AM

Annoyingly they've removed the rollback to 4.07 as of today. This is frustrating because I had just started a campaign before 4.1 dropped and the mods are not updated, it will break on the new setup.

But now I can't rollback anymore, so I guess you have 10 days to finish your campaign before the rollback is gone.

It's crazy they have 2.11 still there but not 4.07!

I'd won a long victory, but I still had more I wanted to do. More dreadquakes to build, more fireglaives to mow down poncy elves with. Ah well.

Updated 9 months ago.
0Send private message
9 months ago
Dec 2, 2023, 9:30:25 AM
Ashantai#1715 wrote:

Annoyingly they've removed the rollback to 4.07 as of today. This is frustrating because I had just started a campaign before 4.1 dropped and the mods are not updated, it will break on the new setup.

But now I can't rollback anymore, so I guess you have 10 days to finish your campaign before the rollback is gone.

It's crazy they have 2.11 still there but not 4.07!

I'd won a long victory, but I still had more I wanted to do. More dreadquakes to build, more fireglaives to mow down poncy elves with. Ah well.

Are the outdated mods breaking stuff? If not you can still play with them 

0Send private message
9 months ago
Dec 2, 2023, 7:56:33 PM

In this case someone made a fixed mod of it to fix the issue, so I was lucky.

But...the point stands that they should have these rollbacks available for more than 2 weeks!

0Send private message
9 months ago
Dec 2, 2023, 11:21:49 PM
davedave1124#4773 wrote:

Like the patches but you’re really slipping with the communication again guys. It’s getting pretty obvious that you’re going to miss the release date, some info would be much appreciated on the next DLC.

It states winter in the dlc roadmap. In the northern hemisphere winter has just started. Maybe just wait and see instead of being so impatient? 

Anyway. Nice tip CA. Good to know in case I need it thanks!

Updated 9 months ago.
0Send private message
9 months ago
Dec 3, 2023, 8:26:27 AM
Player#46147 wrote:
davedave1124#4773 wrote:

It states winter in the dlc roadmap. In the northern hemisphere winter has just started. Maybe just wait and see instead of being so impatient? 

Anyway. Nice tip CA. Good to know in case I need it thanks!

It said Winter 2023 actually and also said the final DLC *this year*

0Send private message
9 months ago
Dec 4, 2023, 9:43:33 AM

I don't know why people defend CA with Winter 2023 could be Winter 2024 too. Tell us when we can expect the DLC CA. The Blog from Last Patch was the perfect Chance, but you'll wait until the last Second to tell us what will happen. Good Communication thank you!

0Send private message
9 months ago
Dec 4, 2023, 10:36:34 AM
Player#89343 wrote:

I don't know why people defend CA with Winter 2023 could be Winter 2024 too. Tell us when we can expect the DLC CA. The Blog from Last Patch was the perfect Chance, but you'll wait until the last Second to tell us what will happen. Good Communication thank you!

It’s not defending them, but, when they specifically say Winter 2023 and state ‘the final DLC of this year (2023) then they obviously mean, Winter, the year of 2023.

0Send private message
9 months ago
Dec 4, 2023, 11:15:25 AM
davedave1124#4773 wrote:
Player#89343 wrote:

It’s not defending them, but, when they specifically say Winter 2023 and state ‘the final DLC of this year (2023) then they obviously mean, Winter, the year of 2023.

I didn't mean you with my response. :)

I don't believe the DLC will be released this year, but they explicitly mentioned winter 2023 and final content. There hasn't been any announcement of a delay. I dislike that they lack the courage to inform us whether we'll receive something this year or next year. What's the issue with sharing that information? The longer they wait, the more discontent it breeds among the community.

0Send private message
7 months ago
Feb 14, 2024, 4:11:12 PM

Is there a pre-"Champions of Chaos" version available? This would mean I could finish my ancient-ass Katarin campaign in roughly the version i started it in.

0Send private message
7 months ago
Feb 14, 2024, 5:37:35 PM

Does this mean that I can use the current rosters in a previous game build? Can I use the SoC update in patch 4.0?

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment