Any updates regarding map expansion?

Copied to clipboard!
a day ago
Oct 14, 2024, 6:12:18 AM
IIRC before the launch of 5.0 there was talk by CA about how they are planning to expand the map with 6.0Does anyone remenber, what exactly they said? And have there been any statements by CA regarding this since then?
I would love an expansion into Ind and Kuresh. Suspecting that Arbaal might be the FLC and Dechala being very likely a part of the DLC after that, this might pave the way, as both had there history there during the-times-we-do-not-speak-about.

I also would not mind an expansion of the eastern steppes.
0Send private message
a day ago
Oct 14, 2024, 6:36:04 AM

Unfortunately, this was the only time they talked about it:

image loaded from url

I never heard anything about this topic after the 5.0 Q&A.

Updated a day ago.
0Send private message
a day ago
Oct 14, 2024, 10:12:38 AM

Schub#9514 wrote:

Thanks for posting this. Guess we shall find out soon. Got my fingers crossed for Ind and Kuresh.

0Send private message
0Send private message
21 hours ago
Oct 14, 2024, 3:57:36 PM

We will get news soon, but not sure if there will be something about map expansion in it.

"We aim to be back with more news on our next major patch, 5.3, towards the end of October, so until then, we'll see you on the battlefield!"

I expect a "Dev chat" about next DLC(6.0) around that time "end of October" - That should be after the end of this week onward (20+) 
Anyway I bring that up because if they show part of the map or gameplay we might see something in it - take a screenshow and compare it to the current map. 

PS: I'm starving for news ! About the patch and the DLC !

0Send private message
17 hours ago
Oct 14, 2024, 7:32:26 PM

florian_baron#3185 wrote:

As they will leave RoC campaign aside, maybe implementing those 4 realms regions into IE could be 'the' thing ... Fingers crossed.

Expanding Eastern Steppes would be more beneficial for gameplay, and roughly for all races too. And much easier overall. I'm team Steppes obviously

0Send private message
16 hours ago
Oct 14, 2024, 8:52:41 PM

The squished corner of the West is annoying. Expanding it a little would be great so Naggaroth and Khatep aren't right up to the edge.

0Send private message
16 hours ago
Oct 14, 2024, 8:57:28 PM

eomat#7953 wrote:

The squished corner of the West is annoying. Expanding it a little would be great so Naggaroth and Khatep aren't right up to the edge.

yeah and we need enough ocean so dark elves can sail black arks there (and some ports)

0Send private message
14 hours ago
Oct 14, 2024, 10:31:17 PM

My hope is for more "Steppes and Wastes" in general. I know stuff gets weird the farther north you go on a flat rectangular map. My suggested solution is to create a taper to a point where the Polar Gate should be, like a triangle with regular "sea lanes" on either edge. It's not perfect, but we really need the Wastes in a more complete way.

Then, one day, hopefully the Realms too...

0Send private message
6 hours ago
Oct 15, 2024, 7:15:55 AM

As they will leave RoC campaign aside, maybe implementing those 4 realms regions into IE could be 'the' thing ... Fingers crossed.

The 4 realms regions will probably remain exclusive to the Chaos Realm campaign, in order to let it be unique and incentivise players to play it once or twice before moving on to Immortal Empire.

Plus, I rather have them expand other parts of the map on IE.

0Send private message
5 hours ago
Oct 15, 2024, 7:56:30 AM

Schub#9514 wrote:

image loaded from url

It's important to keep in mind that this was announced before Thrones of Decay was released. In that time, nobody knew if it would be the success it has been, and we didn't know about the change of planned DLCs. So, maybe, that map expansion was planned for the Slaanesh DLC, which was going to be 6.0 originally. It makes sense if we think about Dechala, whose model may be similar to the snakemen of Khuresh.

0Send private message
2 hours ago
Oct 15, 2024, 10:23:41 AM

Hopefully not, keep that trash out of IE! 

The top area north of Cathay should be expanded to make the Eastern Steppes and Chaos Wastes bigger. Cathay needs more enemies in the north and that area is just a narror tunnel right now. 

0Send private message
22 minutes ago
Oct 15, 2024, 12:27:29 PM

Sagez#6761 wrote:

Expanding Eastern Steppes would be more beneficial for gameplay, and roughly for all races too. And much easier overall. I'm team Steppes obviously

As much as I'd like to see the Realms of Chaos I have to agree with this. The Great Bastion defending against such a tiny strip of land is a bit ridiculous. Also if they were to implement the Realms of Chaos they'd have to completely rework them because they weren't interesting in the RoC campaign, it's also really tricky to find the proper way to implement them as mortals simply do not belong there, going in the Realms should almost be a suicide mission and I doubt CA would make them difficult enough.

As a compromise CA could reuse the Realms battle map randomly in province with very high Chaos corruption though, perhaps reuse some of the campaign assets for the Chaos Wastes too, I feel they're not looking crazy enough ingame imo.

Updated 21 minutes ago.
0Send private message
14 minutes ago
Oct 15, 2024, 12:35:27 PM

Neodeinos#5871 wrote:

Sagez#6761 wrote:

As much as I'd like to see the Realms of Chaos I have to agree with this. The Great Bastion defending against such a tiny strip of land is a bit ridiculous. Also if they were to implement the Realms of Chaos they'd have to completely rework them because they weren't interesting in the RoC campaign, it's also really tricky to find the proper way to implement them as mortals simply do not belong there, going in the Realms should almost be a suicide mission and I doubt CA would make them difficult enough.

As a compromise CA could reuse the Realms battle map randomly in province with very high Chaos corruption though, perhaps reuse some of the campaign assets for the Chaos Wastes too, I feel they're not looking crazy enough ingame imo.

The maps should absolutely be used for "map encounters" were you get sucked into the RoC for 1 single battle. Similar to Island Battles. 

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment