Old lords animations remake suggestion

Copied to clipboard!
2 days ago
Sep 23, 2024, 11:55:23 AM

Hello. A Skaven enjoyer here. I was playing for about a month and noticed obvious gap between new and old lords battle animations. For example while, let's say, N'Kari has satisfying battle animations, that are really nice to ovserve, Isabelle von Carstein has...well...just regular lord animations. Same with, let's say, skavens. While Snikch has badass animations with his blades or Ikit uses his superior tech, Queek just...uses animations of regular skaven warlord, while in lore he is constantly swinging around his weapons with madness in his eyes, screaming, squeacking andrandomly jumping aroind. He seems too calm in battle for me, unlike his character.
Same with Isabella von Carstein. I was expecting...i dunno...elegancy from her. Slow and calm move that continues ant swiwt percise swing with her sword.
To sum up all this - I thing old legendary lords from Warhammer 1 & 2 need to recive cosmetic update for their animations. So they can be as satisfying to observe as basic lords of third game. 
Happy to hear any feedback and other thoughts on this idea

0Send private message
2 days ago
Sep 23, 2024, 12:02:27 PM

Not just for aesthetics.  New animations should prioritize better killing and knockback attacks when melee-focused LLs are fighting infantry.  Should be combo attack animations, rather than 1 sword chop every 20 seconds.

0Send private message
2 days ago
Sep 23, 2024, 3:19:43 PM

​1. ALL lords should lose the stupid af kick attack.

2. Remove the shield bash attacks and replace it with something less stupid looking.

3. Add an algorithm that prevents any characters from spamming the same animation consecutively.

4. Create very simple and generalized matched animations for all lords on Foot, the same way they did for SEMs, to reduce incidents of attacking the air around one another.

5. Increase the cadence of their attacks to minimize extended moments of staring.

Once you have these 4 basic steps down, then start going through individual lords. For instance, giving vampires something akin to Sniktch's teleporting attack animation to reflect their unholy speed. Give Saurus characters more brute smash attacks in their animations. Let Beastmen characters dive at the enemies for their charge attacks. etc.

0Send private message
2 days ago
Sep 23, 2024, 8:10:28 PM

Vlad 

1. Blood Drinker needs to be a greatsword accurate to his TT model. 

- This would also give him some uniqueness among the Vampire Counts

2. Give him unique animations instead of reusing the empire general

0Send private message
2 days ago
Sep 23, 2024, 9:21:04 PM

MORE UPVOTES FOR UPVOTE GOD!!!
MORE COMMENTS FOR COMMENT THRONE!!!
But seriously thx for everyone's comments and upvotes.
Totally agree with @Sandboxhead. Snikch is great example because some his animations can delete lot's of troops in unit.
Love @GreenColoured and @Foe-Hammer lists too

Updated 2 days ago.
0Send private message
2 days ago
Sep 23, 2024, 9:46:57 PM

Queek Headtaker has a unique(?) melee animation where he runs forward screaming and twirling both his swords.  I always thought that was cute; now I understand he’s supposed to be a berserker?  😅

0Send private message
0Send private message
2 days ago
Sep 23, 2024, 10:43:28 PM

On the list of things that could use updates, a bunch of game 1 lords not doing 1080 spins every time they attack is pretty low to me.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment