Who do you think is going to be the Norsca DLC lord?

Mortkin (Norscan King who spurned the Gods' favour)
Mòna Mimn (Named Fimir Meargh)
Sayl the Faithless (Right Hand of Tamurkhan/Sorcerer on Mammoth)
Adella of the Thousand Mouths ("King" of Skeggi)
Beorg Bearstruck (Leader of the Bearmen of Urslo)
CA original character
Other (name who in the comments)
Vote now
Copied to clipboard!
a month ago
Aug 3, 2024, 8:02:27 PM

DISCLAIMER: Who do you THINK is going to be the DLC lord, not who you want.

Let's play the mind games with CA. If you were in their shoes, who do you think would be the best choice to maximize chances that the Norsca DLC is a hit? Who's going to be the most popular with the wider audience?

0Send private message
a month ago
Aug 3, 2024, 8:54:23 PM

I don't think that they'll be given a single new LL and be done with it. I suspect more akin to the CoC honestly. That said of the above: Sayl would be the most beneficial addition being a dedicated caster, Beorg Bearstruck would bring the most hype in a trailer reveal for the general player base and Mona Mimn would be the most unique addition. I don't think the others would make as much of an impact on reveal.

0Send private message
a month ago
Aug 3, 2024, 9:12:35 PM

Wyvax#7456 wrote:

I don't think that they'll be given a single new LL and be done with it. I suspect more akin to the CoC honestly. That said of the above: Sayl would be the most beneficial addition being a dedicated caster, Beorg Bearstruck would bring the most hype in a trailer reveal for the general player base and Mona Mimn would be the most unique addition. I don't think the others would make as much of an impact on reveal.

I suspect that we're not going to see a CoC-type anymore. As far as I know, the first one did not sell that well. And it's better to mix up races. Like, if you don't like Norsca, you're not going to buy a CoC-style Norsca DLC, but you might if they are part of a 3-way lord pack.

Personally, I think it's a tossup between Mortkin and Sayl. The former should have been the poster boy for the Norscan race. However, Sayl fills a niche that Norsca currently does not have (caster legendary lord), is somehow missing from the Tamurkhan DLC, and he did appear in that official CA artwork a long time ago:

image loaded from url

0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
a month ago
Aug 3, 2024, 11:36:50 PM

Depends if Rich's comment about there "kinda being a reason for that" as to why Counts and Norsca haven't gotten any content in so long is because they just haven't been high priority, or if they're getting a bigger dlc of some kind. If they just get normal lord pack, most likely just getting Sayl and then getting left to rot, which would be pretty disappointing to wait 7+ years for an update, and having the only dlc lord not be a Norscan.

0Send private message
a month ago
Aug 3, 2024, 11:55:43 PM

Hopefully no one. I don't want them to get a DLC.

That said I don't think they have any big name characters available, nor do I think there's any character archetype that'd really "sell" a Norsca DLC. The one's we have are all fairly mediocre, nor do I think CA can invent one that'd push sales particularly hard.

That said Mona Mimn would be the best choice. By far. She's a fairly good original character, and Fimir representation in the LL pool would be a good idea. Pragmatically Sayl is the choice that's most likely to happen, but Mona's simply better than him. She'd make for a pretty solid campaign, and her story is simple but Warhammer to its bones.

Updated a month ago.
0Send private message
a month ago
Aug 4, 2024, 12:01:36 AM
I honestly have no idea, I could see CA doing an original character though.
0Send private message
a month ago
Aug 4, 2024, 1:57:25 AM

I think Sayl north of Cathay is it. No clue who the FLC is or if they get an FLC. Don't expect more for them after this though.

0Send private message
a month ago
Aug 4, 2024, 2:05:09 AM

I think Sayl is most likely.  CA loves ToC: Tamurkhan.

But I'm hoping for Mortkin.  An Undivided Norscan King that was almost Everchosen is the Race leader Norsca deserves.

Updated a month ago.
0Send private message
a month ago
Aug 4, 2024, 2:10:42 AM

The thing is, I don't think (not saying I don't hope) Norsca will get a dlc. I think Norsca will get 1 FLC at most, or even not a FLC just a very small race rework/quality of life update.
0Send private message
a month ago
Aug 4, 2024, 2:19:13 AM

yanghaohit#5017 wrote:

The thing is, I don't think (not saying I don't hope) Norsca will get a dlc. I think Norsca will get 1 FLC at most, or even not a FLC just a very small race rework/quality of life update.

CA just confirmed that both Norsca and Counts were getting content in the last video as Rich said "there's a few races we haven't touched in quite some time, and there's kinda a reason for that" with a cheeky smile. No clue why people don't think Norsca gets content as they've got plenty of good characters.

0Send private message
a month ago
Aug 4, 2024, 2:50:14 AM

MODIDDLY1#9212 wrote:

yanghaohit#5017 wrote:

CA just confirmed that both Norsca and Counts were getting content in the last video as Rich said "there's a few races we haven't touched in quite some time, and there's kinda a reason for that" with a cheeky smile. No clue why people don't think Norsca gets content as they've got plenty of good characters.

This is my reasoning as well. Plus, I don't see the reason why the WH2 preorder race cannot have a CoC style expansion considering that CoC was for the WH1 preorder race itself. The fact that it also fleshed out the monos was merely killing two (five?) birds with one stone.

0Send private message
a month ago
Aug 4, 2024, 4:14:09 AM

Lol, Norsca is not going to get a CoC-style DLC.

0Send private message
a month ago
Aug 4, 2024, 4:52:49 AM

I had an unhinged thought, what if they Make a Norse Dwarfs Faction and put them under Norsca instead of Dwarfs to represent Non-Chaos and the uniqueness of the Norse Dwarfs.
Like I'm not asking for this, the thought just popped into my head a few seconds ago.

0Send private message
a month ago
Aug 4, 2024, 6:25:36 AM

WarbossAohd#6756 wrote:

I had an unhinged thought, what if they Make a Norse Dwarfs Faction and put them under Norsca instead of Dwarfs to represent Non-Chaos and the uniqueness of the Norse Dwarfs.
Like I'm not asking for this, the thought just popped into my head a few seconds ago.

That is unhinged indeed.

0Send private message
a month ago
Aug 4, 2024, 6:32:53 AM

Sayl LL with Nigthmaw LH writtes itself.

CA seems very fond of secondary sources like Tamurkhan (and I don't blame them, some of the best content we ever had comes from them) so it's only fitting that they keep adding the few remaining things from it, Sayl being one of them.

0Send private message
a month ago
Aug 4, 2024, 7:17:29 AM

WarbossAohd#6756 wrote:

Norse Dwarfs kinda died when Malakai was placed in Kraka Drak. TBH, I was kinda hoping Malakai would lead the Kraka Drak faction, and tasked with bringing them to a higher level of technology, but alas. That ship has sailed.

mecanojavi99#6562 wrote:

Sayl LL with Nigthmaw LH writtes itself.

CA seems very fond of secondary sources like Tamurkhan (and I don't blame them, some of the best content we ever had comes from them) so it's only fitting that they keep adding the few remaining things from it, Sayl being one of them.

Judging from the results of the poll, it's not even close. Also, he's suspiciously missing from Thrones of Decay. Not even a single mention, despite him being a major character in that book. Could be a hint for things to come.

0Send private message
a month ago
Aug 4, 2024, 7:20:13 AM

To be fair, Kraka Drak was not their only hold.
Not to mention they could always place them somewhere else, they've done it to SEVERAL LLs.

Updated a month ago.
0Send private message
a month ago
Aug 4, 2024, 7:45:24 AM

Fossoway#5540 wrote:
Also, he's suspiciously missing from Thrones of Decay. Not even a single mention, despite him being a major character in that book.

To be fair, so are Lietpold the Black, Edvard Van Der Kraal and Jubal Falk.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment