Does Slaanesh even need a rework?

Copied to clipboard!
25 days ago
Jul 10, 2024, 5:53:16 PM

Finished a N'kari a while ago and it was the most fun I've had in Warhammer 3. The units are solid and the mechanics are fun. Pumping out free disposable armies, Seducing units, forced vassalization, meaningful diplomacy and trade as a daemonic faction, all these made the campaign so interesting.

So I may have rose-tinted glasses, but what needs to be changed here? The only thing I can think of are the cults, but that's a chaos in general thing, not specific to Slaanesh.

0Send private message
25 days ago
Jul 10, 2024, 6:18:42 PM

Yeah Slaanesh just needs the cults rework + Dechala's DLC + Styrkaar/Masque and they'll be solid. Probably the first Monogod to be completed, some time early-mid next year.

0Send private message
25 days ago
Jul 10, 2024, 7:04:33 PM

Slaanesh needs a way to deal with air power. Dwarves and Cathay have these balloons that never land. 

Furies and marauder cav are not enough. Either legitimate flying units or legitimate ranged need to be added.

0Send private message
25 days ago
Jul 10, 2024, 7:13:03 PM

paullevin93#1129 wrote:
Furies and marauder cav are not enough. Either legitimate flying units or legitimate ranged need to be added.

Slaangors with Javelins.

0Send private message
25 days ago
Jul 10, 2024, 10:10:15 PM

Personally I think seductive influence may be the best mechanic in the game, they could maybe do with a few different ways of increasing it just for varieties sake.

0Send private message
25 days ago
Jul 10, 2024, 11:09:55 PM

I mean, who has been saying Slaanesh needs a rework? Is this post a response to something? 

Overall I think most people think Slaanesh is in a good place in regards to mechanics, maybe needing a few tweaks here or there (Cults and Manifestations applying to all Monogods). Most people just want more content for Slaanesh.

Updated 25 days ago.
0Send private message
25 days ago
Jul 11, 2024, 12:12:10 AM

In addition to the anti-air comment above, casualty replenishment is still a little rough.  It's also unfortunate that while N'kari goes around vassalizing everybody, so does any Warriors of Chaos faction, and said faction arguably has the more interesting means of recruiting and upgrading units.

I'll have to play them again now that all the trees on Ulthuan aren't standing in their way, however.

0Send private message
25 days ago
Jul 11, 2024, 6:56:00 AM

With the collision attack tweaks it's mostly just unit balancing that could use some fine tuning. Mechanic wise Slaanesh has always been interesting but having half the roster be suboptimal and a quarter be actively broken really hurt the play experience. Now it's mostly just tuning up elite chariots, heartseekers, and the KoS which are all a bit lame for the price. Maybe this results in making the soulscent and devastating flanker passives more useful or maybe it's stat buffs.

Obviously tuning up cults would be nice but that's a shared issue.

0Send private message
24 days ago
Jul 11, 2024, 11:36:17 AM

Despite what Youtubers would like you to believe, very few Races actually need a rework.

Norsca

Ogre Kingdoms

Vampire Counts

But in terms of singular mechanics that need a rework or tech tree tweaks, that's a different story. 

Updated 24 days ago.
0Send private message
24 days ago
Jul 11, 2024, 11:46:32 AM

NickCageStoleMyFace#5594 wrote:

Despite what Youtubers would like you to believe, very few Races actually need a rework.

1. Norsca

2. Vampires

3. Lizardmen

4. Ogres

5. High Elves

6. Bretonnia

7. Tomb Kings

Those are the ones I think could use major or semi-major overhauls. Tzeentch is a candidate as well, but might be served enough by a cults rework. Anyone else just needs some polish or just new mechanics (like religions for Empire).

0Send private message
24 days ago
Jul 11, 2024, 1:41:26 PM

Norsca

Ogre Kingdoms

Vampire Counts

But in terms of singular mechanics that need a rework or tech tree tweaks, that's a different story. 

Don't forget HE and LM. Both are completely vanilla without anything unique. 

0Send private message
24 days ago
Jul 11, 2024, 9:00:14 PM

Slannesh needs more ways to seduce other factions and the gift of slannesh needs to be less OP for making devotees (reworking cults and tech tree). 

0Send private message
24 days ago
Jul 11, 2024, 10:16:15 PM

Cults and Unholy Manifestations rework, same as other Monogods. There's that one tech that also gives you an absurd amount of devotees through your Gifts of Slaanesh that could use a nerf imo otherwise yeah Slaanesh is in a great spot in terms of mechanics.

0Send private message
24 days ago
Jul 12, 2024, 12:45:41 AM

TheWattman#7460 wrote:

1. Norsca

2. Vampires

3. Lizardmen

4. Ogres

5. High Elves

6. Bretonnia

7. Tomb Kings

See with me a lot of those don't need a complete reworks

Lizardmen - Really only need a better Geomantic Web

Bretonnia - A Knightly warband system would be nice

High Elves and Tomb Kings - I don't see what is wrong with them besides tweaks

Cults - Absolutely should be reworked but that's a universal mechanic for 4 races.

CA's focus should be now on making individual Legacy Factions better. Doing what they did for Franz and Gelt again.

Updated 24 days ago.
0Send private message
24 days ago
Jul 12, 2024, 7:14:11 AM

TheWattman#7460 wrote:

1. Norsca

2. Vampires

3. Lizardmen

4. Ogres

5. High Elves

6. Bretonnia

7. Tomb Kings

Cults - Absolutely should be reworked but that's a universal mechanic for 4 races.

CA's focus should be now on making individual Legacy Factions better. Doing what they did for Franz and Gelt again.

High Elves mechanics are bland and uninspiring, bereft of engagement and immersion. Currently, Chaos Dwarfs have better political system in place than the race known for their Byzantine politics.

0Send private message
23 days ago
Jul 12, 2024, 10:14:59 AM

TheWattman#7460 wrote:

1. Norsca

2. Vampires

3. Lizardmen

4. Ogres

5. High Elves

6. Bretonnia

7. Tomb Kings

Only the Geomantic Web? Because Blessed Spawnings is such a compelling mechanic? The Lizardmen have no mechanics to speak of at the moment.

Bretonnia needs a revamp of how their economy works considering their main advantage of cheating supply lines doesn’t matter much anymore.

High Elves have influence and that’s pretty much it, a non-mechanic considering how much of the resource you get and how little you can do with it compared to something like Tzeentch’s Changing of Ways.

The only active mechanic the Tomb Kings have is the Mortuary Cult, which itself is poorly balanced because the best way to play is spending all your Jars on unlocking armies/heroes. Outside of that everything is passive or simple quests. If the Forge wasn’t enough for Dwarf players I can’t see why the Tomb Kings should be excluded from a rework.

0Send private message
23 days ago
Jul 12, 2024, 10:29:51 AM

TheWattman#7460 wrote:

1. Norsca

2. Vampires

3. Lizardmen

4. Ogres

5. High Elves

6. Bretonnia

7. Tomb Kings

HE have no actual mechanic and play like a faction from Rome 2. They are equaly bad as the LM right now. 

0Send private message
23 days ago
Jul 12, 2024, 10:31:08 AM

Maedrethnir#1968 wrote:

TheWattman#7460 wrote:

1. Norsca

2. Vampires

3. Lizardmen

4. Ogres

5. High Elves

6. Bretonnia

7. Tomb Kings

High Elves mechanics are bland and uninspiring, bereft of engagement and immersion. Currently, Chaos Dwarfs have better political system in place than the race known for their Byzantine politics.

Yap, HE deserve a bespoke and in depth politics/intrigues mechanic on par with the Chaos Dwarfs.  

0Send private message
23 days ago
Jul 12, 2024, 3:38:59 PM

Maedrethnir#1968 wrote:
High Elves mechanics are bland and uninspiring

Perfectly thematic for the HEs then.

0Send private message
23 days ago
Jul 12, 2024, 3:44:16 PM

DarthEnderX-#6513 wrote:

Maedrethnir#1968 wrote:
High Elves mechanics are bland and uninspiring

Perfectly thematic for the HEs then.

They need something on par with the CD. If I wanna play a vanilla greek Rome 2 factions I just play Athens. 

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment