NERF NUKES of chorfs/monogods/skaven, and nerf Thamurkhan because all these are extremely UNFUN

Copied to clipboard!
a month ago
Jul 10, 2024, 3:46:07 AM
NERF NUKES of chorfs/monogods/skaven, and nerf Thamurkhan because all these are extremely UNFUN.
Why avoid implementing backfiring of artillery like in TT for those races but give them overpowered unfun nukes to wipe everyone like cheating? nerf it
0Send private message
a month ago
Jul 10, 2024, 5:44:12 AM
In a rare first time, I find myself agreeing with Ekix. What an oddity.
I'm in favour of nerfing them, not because it's difficult to counter these OP units/mechanics. (The AI has no idea how to use them properly, and as players we have a million ways to bully and tease the AI) Rather, I feel that they are too OVERPOWERED, and could even be called cheating plug-ins (but, official paid). What strategy and fun is there when you can easily win a battle by just pressing a button or having all your units charge straight into enemy lines without any tactics.
0Send private message
a month ago
Jul 10, 2024, 5:52:53 AM

If only there was a way of avoiding these...

It could be called something like "Just-don´t-f´in-use-them-if-they-annoy-you-so-much".

But yeah, then one could not whine and go on everybodys nerves...

0Send private message
a month ago
Jul 10, 2024, 6:35:18 AM

What about the nukes and op stuff from the order factions?

Once again your blatant bias shows Equix

0Send private message
a month ago
Jul 10, 2024, 6:39:53 AM

Reeks#2417 wrote:

What about the nukes and op stuff from the order factions?

Once again your blatant bias shows Equix

Like Elisabeth  broken upgrades, malakai having first turn thunderbarged  or grudge armies etc

0Send private message
0Send private message
a month ago
Jul 10, 2024, 7:57:31 AM

Ekix#9944 wrote:
NERF NUKES of chorfs/monogods/skaven, and nerf Thamurkhan because all these are extremely UNFUN.
Why avoid implementing backfiring of artillery like in TT for those races but give them overpowered unfun nukes to wipe everyone like cheating? nerf it

Game design isn’t for everyone.

0Send private message
25 days ago
Jul 10, 2024, 6:19:38 PM

I agree that there shouldn't be any nuke abilities. Maybe the exception for that one Slaven LL who blows up after he is taken out, forget his name.

Tamurkhan is pretty OP IMO, not sure if they have already toned him down.

0Send private message
24 days ago
Jul 11, 2024, 11:21:23 AM
No exceptions, all NUKES must be nerfed, nukes are unfun cheats.

0Send private message
0Send private message
24 days ago
Jul 11, 2024, 2:37:52 PM

is not a matter of preferences: 

CA MUST NERF ALL NUKES OF CHORFS, MONOGODS, SKAVEN, AND also, NERF THAMURKHAN BECAUSE feels like cheating, and is EXTREMELY annoying and UNFUN FOR EVERYone else

Updated 24 days ago.
0Send private message
24 days ago
Jul 11, 2024, 2:49:22 PM

Ekix#9944 wrote:

CA MUST NERF ALL NUKES OF CHORFS, MONOGODS, SKAVEN, AND also, NERF THAMURKHAN BECAUSE feels like cheating, and is EXTREMELY annoying and UNFUN FOR EVERYone else

Maybe you should use a larger font?

0Send private message
24 days ago
Jul 11, 2024, 2:51:54 PM
Ekix#9944 wrote:

"It is not a matter of preferences"
goes on to state his and "others" preference for not having "unfun" and "annoying" abilities for all Chaos aligned factions, not mentioning any nerfs to other races, like the ability to doomstack Thunderbarges

edit: also, obnoxious font

Updated 24 days ago.
0Send private message
24 days ago
Jul 11, 2024, 2:53:15 PM

Ekix#9944 wrote:

0Send private message
24 days ago
Jul 11, 2024, 3:09:25 PM

Ekix#9944 wrote:

Ekix#9944 wrote:
is EXTREMELY annoying and UNFUN FOR EVERYone else

It's extremely annoying and unfun for you, because that's your preference. You really need to stop thinking you speak for anyone else but yourself. Stop trying to back your arguments up with an imagined majority. They should be able to stand on their own without having to appeal to majority opinion every time

0Send private message
24 days ago
Jul 11, 2024, 3:13:21 PM

IMO, AI nukes are incredibly unfun and feel cheap AF when AI uses it because it essentially means having at least one unit deleted from the game. even if you move out of the way whatever unit it was aimed at is still gonna lose a ton of health, and essentially be KIA in terms of potential value. things like malakai's built in thunder barge, or dummy thick lords/heroes can often be played around pretty easily, but a nuke just drops on your dudes, and they're dead, nothing you can really do about it. god forbid your in the process of microing a spellcaster or skirmishing with missile cav, and you don't even get to see it coming.

tamurkhan while annoying isn't much of a problem from a player standpoint as the AI always uses the last unlocked mount and you can just shoot the shit out of him with guns/missiles, on top of him being nerfed recently. if anything khayzk is a bigger problem on the battle map then tamurkhan because of his OBNOXIOUS melee stats.

would love to see their damage reduced, make more on par with a sort of smaller comet of cassendora, would still do a ton of damage if it caught you off guard, but wouldn't just outright erase units. i could still see ikit's skaven nuke being an exception tho since AI only ever has 1 or two in the whole campaign as it has to pay per use like with elspeth's army spells.

biggest thing is accessibility tbh. the chorfs for example almost ALWAYS have multiple nukes per battle if your fighting in their territory, and it does an absolute TON of damage. that's what makes it aggravating if anything.

all just my opinion tho. i agree with the OP, but can also agree they worded their argument AWFULLY...

Updated 24 days ago.
0Send private message
24 days ago
Jul 11, 2024, 4:18:19 PM

Ekix#9944 wrote:

A misuse of the word - everyone.

0Send private message
24 days ago
Jul 11, 2024, 5:05:21 PM

As long as we’re nerfing nukes for all races (not just for a chaos hate-boner), then I’m actually on board. 

Some are fine, in that they require an appropriate amount of investment. Others however require very little effort to access (Tamurkhan) or have too much abundance (Chorfs). The AI should also be able to use the Nukes in the same capacity as the player.

Updated 24 days ago.
0Send private message
24 days ago
Jul 11, 2024, 5:20:18 PM

Passthechips#4366 wrote:
As long as we’re nerfing nukes for all races (not just for a chaos hate-boner), then I’m actually on board. 

Of course, All ! Including Balthasar Gelt, Elspeth and The Blue Scribes.

The only exception, if allowed, is Lord Kroak, in my opinion.)

Updated 24 days ago.
0Send private message
24 days ago
Jul 11, 2024, 5:20:23 PM

Nobody better touch Plunge Into Anarchy!

0Send private message
Comment