If they finished Pharaoh - what it means for Warhammer?

Copied to clipboard!
0Send private message0Send private message
21 days ago
Jul 9, 2024, 2:36:51 PM
It only means that Warhammer will outlive Pharaoh.As for the rest, we'll have to wait for the next official announcement (or leak).
0Send private message
21 days ago
Jul 9, 2024, 2:39:25 PM

they are relaunching pharaoh with the next free expansion this summer, after this pharaoh will have at least 1 paid DLC, this means, at least, six or seven months more of development for pharaoh just after the release of the free expansion.

If you like Bretonnia ask for character pack with 4 or 5 LLs for bretonnia and let CA do whatever they want with the other tittle. CoC style dlcs are very deserved for many other races, like Bretonnia, Tomb Kings, Vampire Counts or Elector Counts from Empire.

0Send private message
21 days ago
Jul 9, 2024, 3:04:14 PM

I guess they will be divided. Part of the team is already working on WH3's DLCs. I guess many will work on the upcoming tent-pole titles and there's a possibility of them reviving some old but still popular games, like they did with Rome II in 2017.

0Send private message
20 days ago
Jul 9, 2024, 5:03:11 PM

Why would it mean anything? Pharaoh was never going to be a long lived game.

0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
20 days ago
Jul 9, 2024, 6:10:42 PM

Ekix#9944 wrote:

they are relaunching pharaoh with the next free expansion this summer, after this pharaoh will have at least 1 paid DLC, this means, at least, six or seven months more of development for pharaoh just after the release of the free expansion.

If you like Bretonnia ask for character pack with 4 or 5 LLs for bretonnia and let CA do whatever they want with the other tittle. CoC style dlcs are very deserved for many other races, like Bretonnia, Tomb Kings, Vampire Counts or Elector Counts from Empire.

They clearly stated that there won't be any additional content for Pharaoh, except fixes and patches.

As for the main topic, they'll keep focusing heavily on Warhammer while working on other Total War titles. Total War isn't just about Warhammer. This won't impact the quality of future content for Warhammer III if that's what you're concerned about OP.

0Send private message
20 days ago
Jul 9, 2024, 6:11:43 PM

Sheikh_Nimr#9382 wrote:

I guess they will be divided. Part of the team is already working on WH3's DLCs. I guess many will work on the upcoming tent-pole titles and there's a possibility of them reviving some old but still popular games, like they did with Rome II in 2017.

If only they could release this Northern Expansion pack for Three Kingdoms.

0Send private message
20 days ago
Jul 9, 2024, 6:17:05 PM

If they pivoted to focus everything on warhammer 3, I would be happy. Unless of course they want to make a warhammer 4 as a new game and just give us new factions and maybe expand the map.

0Send private message
20 days ago
Jul 9, 2024, 6:48:35 PM

Ekix#9944 wrote:

Paid DLC? It literally says that there is NOT going to be any DLC for Pharaoh... Read well before talking nonsense.

0Send private message
20 days ago
Jul 9, 2024, 7:21:28 PM

Thomashu#5291 wrote:

Sheikh_Nimr#9382 wrote:

Fingers crossed. Now that Pharaoh is gone, there's no other remaining historical game, so they might want to review 3K. After all, it was by far their best-selling and most profitable game.

0Send private message
20 days ago
Jul 9, 2024, 7:28:13 PM

Sheikh_Nimr#9382 wrote:

Thomashu#5291 wrote:

Sheikh_Nimr#9382 wrote:

Fingers crossed. Now that Pharaoh is gone, there's no other remaining historical game, so they might want to review 3K. After all, it was by far their best-selling and most profitable game.

And by doing so they could continue to pursue their redemption arc.

Making good DLC again for Total War: Warhammer III? Check.

Making Pharaoh shine as it was supposed to be? Check.

Now they should indeed go back a little bit on Three Kingdoms, give us the Northern Expansion that we were expecting, especially when there won't be any Three Kingdoms II and probably not any major Total War title in the course of the year 2025.

0Send private message
20 days ago
Jul 9, 2024, 8:58:42 PM

Thomashu#5291 wrote:

Sheikh_Nimr#9382 wrote:

This, perfect time to go back and actually give the players what they want.

0Send private message
20 days ago
Jul 9, 2024, 9:01:22 PM

It means absolutely nothing. No different when they finished ToB, 3k, Troy, and now Pharoah. 

They have a different team that makes the main games. They've mentioned that many times and even seen some remarks how they might have done different once it's in the dlc teams hands.

And more than one dlc team. Whatever game was planned after Pharoah is probably making the next game and th dlc team for Phaoroh will probably slotted there 

Warhammer will just be over here doing what it's been doing with the team on the gs vs khorne vs OK. 

0Send private message
20 days ago
Jul 9, 2024, 9:34:03 PM

SerPus#7395 wrote:

TancredIIQuenelles#3970 wrote:
Are they doing some other game

Of course. Why wouldn't they?

Because they are putting out AA games on steroids that have an AAA approach but never are at realease. The games take long for the players to finish them in a satisfying way, and the market is completely oversaturated. 

Pharaoh and Troy are both not really titles anyone needed, even though they may be interesting from an artistic approach. They should have done a real Alexander: Total War instead, to catch up the Rome II/Attila playerbase one more time, as it is the natural prequel title. It would have been nothing new, but the only big historical Total War title in this engine that still could have worked out after 3K. The Rome II map moved a bit south and expanded to the east would have probably provided enough diversity in gameplay, and it would have had Greeks and Egyptians, too, the way people know them from school.

Medieval III they would have needed to do instead of 3k for it to be accepted with this engine. Which they avoided because of busted expectations. Now they need new technology first to really convince people with that game, as expectations only got even more busted.

I would stretch time by renewing the Warhammer franchise with something bigger than the current DLC but is cheaper to make than it looks. I personally think End Times fits perfect for a Saga game, that could double up as a large WH3 DLC and renew DLC support for both games for a year.

0Send private message
0Send private message
20 days ago
Jul 9, 2024, 11:41:33 PM

mcnuss93#3394 wrote:

Because they are putting out AA games on steroids that have an AAA approach but never are at realease. The games take long for the players to finish them in a satisfying way, and the market is completely oversaturated. 

What market is oversaturated? As for now, CA are the only ones making that kind of games.

mcnuss93#3394 wrote:
Pharaoh and Troy are both not really titles anyone needed

I needed Total War game set in the Bronze Age.

mcnuss93#3394 wrote:
I would stretch time by renewing the Warhammer franchise with something bigger than the current DLC but is cheaper to make than it looks.

They would renew it by releasing Total War Warhammer 40000.

0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment