The Lizardmen need more than just campaign mechanics.

Copied to clipboard!
3 months ago
Jul 6, 2024, 6:31:11 AM

There's a need to introduce more units with innate magical attacks or at least a new Blessed unit that removes Physical Resistance from the enemy. That's as good of a segue as any other to request more Blessed units. How are they supposed to combat the Chaos threat without the ability to inflict reliable damage on the units? 

Now, (Lizardmen rant inbound) Hippogryph Knights got their unit size increased to twelve models and they are performing better because of it. Rot Flies and Plague Drones were not performing well, so they too got bumped up to twelve models. (Rant activated) Yet the Ripperdactyl and Terradon Riders (both variants) are still languishing in some sort of sadistic purgatory?! Ten models?! Ten?! We already know that ten models doesn't work, because the units that consisted of ten models were bumped up to twelve! Is this some kind of joke?! Is this an intentional slight?! Clearly it's some combination of the two because Fiends just recently got THEIR model count increased to sixteen! I think that I know why; because twelve models of monstrous infantry sucks! That's why! There's nothing to figure out here. Increase the number of models for all three units to sixteen! Not twelve. Sixteen! It's bad enough that Ripperdactyl Riders don't have shields, but trying to give them twelve models would "elevate" (literally LoL) them to the pathetic and neutered state that Gorgers find themselves in (as if they haven't suffered enough). Terradon Riders are awful in combat, yet have even worse missile damage potential than Hawk Riders! Let that sink in. This change is long overdue. It's substantially longer than the Fiends had to wait. That's for sure! 

Salamander Hunting Packs; way to blow it everybody. Good job. You took a very functional unit and turned it into an ill-defined shadow of itself. Why? So that Razordons could have a more defined role. How's that working out? Don't bother, I'll tell YOU. It isn't working out because it almost never does. CA is at fault for making the changes but the community is even more culpable because they asked them to do it. No one in their right mind sees a poorly implemented unit and then asks for a functional unit, to lose some of its functionality so that the poorly implemented unit can somehow justify its existence! That's absurd! It's a stupid idea that yielded predictably mediocre results. Revert Salamanders back to AP anti-large monsters and resize Razordons decrease their models and make them into an artillery unit. 

I don't care about new units or mechanics when chunks of my roster are poorly implemented into the game! (Rant subsided) It's extremely obvious which archetypes perform well, which ones perform poorly, and everything in between. Bring the poorly designed units into band with their kind before we start getting new DLC units, so that they don't get left in there  current -- poorly implemented -- state and forgotten. That's all that I'm saying. :)

0Send private message
3 months ago
Jul 6, 2024, 7:54:45 AM

Lizardmen are already one of the easiest races to play as and you want to make them even stronger?

Hard disagree. 

Updated 3 months ago.
0Send private message
3 months ago
Jul 6, 2024, 10:06:23 AM

TainBoCuailinge#8335 wrote:

Lizardmen are already one of the easiest races to play as and you want to make them even stronger?

Hard disagree. 

That's a ridiculous stance to take. Units that don't have an actual use case are taking up a roster spot for something that brings value. 

What's more, there's always something to be said about a level of standardization. Units with ten models in them have been proven (Proven) to be ineffective in their roles. The same can be said about monstrous infantry that have twelve models in them. The evidence is in. Your perspective is without substance. 

0Send private message
3 months ago
Jul 6, 2024, 10:27:32 AM

You talk about balance. I imagine those kind of things will be done when CA works on the LM update.

But LM need a huge update to their outdated or non-existant mechanics. 

Spawn pool should be in, Geomantic Web should be way more interesting and useful, plaques should also be a thing. With the great plan as the final objective in mind. And each LM could get their own gimmick, more or less important (like What CA has begin to do with some LL like Karl or Gelt). 

0Send private message
3 months ago
Jul 6, 2024, 10:54:26 AM

Their roster is already great, so a DLC is not mandatory (although it's always way better to get one) but they need a HUGE boost in terms of their mechanics, that's for sure. Giving each LL his own unique mechanic (just like the Empire) would also be great + adding one more free LL and LH.

0Send private message
0Send private message
3 months ago
Jul 6, 2024, 12:20:03 PM

Funzo#7954 wrote:

There's a need to introduce more units with innate magical attacks or at least a new Blessed unit that removes Physical Resistance from the enemy. That's as good of a segue as any other to request more Blessed units. How are they supposed to combat the Chaos threat without the ability to inflict reliable damage on the units? 

More magical damage eh? I have just the thing for you: Arcanadon with the older version of Engine of the Gods

raewrhee.png

360 degree magical and flaming artillery. Problem solved.

0Send private message
3 months ago
Jul 6, 2024, 4:18:31 PM

Maedrethnir#1968 wrote:

They need more dinos. Give me more dinos. Big dinos. Strong dinos. Cool dinos. Dinos!

Well, yes. Obviously. 

0Send private message
3 months ago
Jul 6, 2024, 11:49:17 PM

I always forget this: allow Fireleech Bolas to throw their ranged attack (which is coded as a javelin for some undisclosed reason) at deployed structures during seiges and settlement battles! The same deployable structures that have an innate weakness to fire! 

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment