Dwarf Grudges : there is still work to do !

Copied to clipboard!
3 months ago
Jul 5, 2024, 7:58:16 PM
CA, you can do better for the Grudges. I've try several campaigns after the patch, and, even as a veteran player of TW and a dwarf follower since WH1 in Legendary ... achieving highest grudges levels seems impossible.
You earn so few grudges from defeating foes. My last campaign as Thorek, turn 30, I've been blitzing my way taking everything from Karak Zorn to Karaz-A-Karak, and even above ... slaying Queek multiple times, on my way with Skarsnik, destroying multiple GS and skaven factions ... yet I get only the middle level grudges. 

I’m gonna show you how I see the “Age of Reckoning” (AoR).

Age of Reckoning :

1/ Delete the free army at max AoR. Dwarfs are not Khorne or the GS.

2/ Delete the grudge settlers. Why dwarfs can instant recruit elite units ? What are those units exactly ? Why are they far better than normal units ? It makes no sense for me.

3/ Delete the timer on AoR. This mechanic is not an election like the French or US elections. It is really strange to launch an AoR every X turns ! You launch an Age, it is done once the objectives are done, or done if you abandon it.

AoR should always be in effect.

4/ with that in mind, we keep the 5 AoR levels, each with new characteristics like Elgi = penalties to PO, relation with other dwarfs, and to trade with other dwarfs (-5 PO, -20 to relation, -30% from trade for instance, in Legendary). 

Every dwarf faction begins at the Elgi level. Because the AoR just begun.

Now, how do you reach another level ?

Easy.

AoR should depends on the Great Book of Grudges (GboG).

Great Book of Grudges :

The goal of the AoR is simple : clear the GboG from every grudges it has.

1/ GboG is now a shared mechanic between every dwarf faction.

2/ The GboG should have way more grudges. 40/50 I think. Some should be quite “easy” (like take back Karak Dum), while other should be to destroy an entire faction, or even an entire race ?

3/ The victory conditions for the dwarfs should be to clear the grudges. For a short victory, just clean 10 maybe. For the longest, clear the entire book.

4/ each grudge from the GboG should give a good reward. Runic weapon, special unit or hero, banner, etc. as well as money.

With your fellow dawi, just go and clean the book. It is the duty of every living dawi. 

However, that is not all. Every dawi faction gets his own book of grudges.

The “factions” Book of Grudges (BoG) :

This is where you can get your “less important” grudges, with the new system of grudges depending on the army and settlement. Btw, the Grudges allowed should grow far more. Just beeing a GS or a skaven faction should be like 100 grudges by army/settlement and not 0. Owning a Dawi karak should get 100 more grudges/turn for instance. 

The thing is that, instead of going in the AoR bar from the actual system, those grudges are now stocked. The currency can then be used for multiple things :

• Confederation

• 4/5 different pages, each with little gimmicks :

• For Grungni (economy)

• For Valaya (growth)

• For Grimnir (slayers)

• For Thungni (runes)

• For Morgrim (engineers)

What do you think ? are you happy with the actual state of the AoR ? 

0Send private message
3 months ago
Jul 6, 2024, 6:08:11 PM

Yeah, right now with the current system, Dwarves feel more like playing Khorne or BM instead of an defensive, slow growing faction. Being in that permanent aggressive race to resolve as much grudges as possible just feels unimmersive for Dwarves. I mean its an "Age" of Reckoning, which basically means a very long period of time, even more like a full campaign in the game, so it shouldnt have a time limit at all. Working together with all Dwarf factions for a longterm goal sounds way more in line with the lore.

I agree with every point of the op, though i would say that grudge settlers are fine but they need another lock to recruit them (get the unit building before or the lord needs a certain level like RoR's). 

I also dont like the genocidal aspect in the current AoR system, atleast in terms of HE and WE. Yeah, those factions also have bad blood with the Dwarfes but we shouldnt be forced to completely destroy them. Killing Teclis or taking out the donut or the Great Oak while facing the End Times (or currently just a ultimate crisis) seems a stupid move even for the stubborn Dwarves. I would like to see an ability to resolve those grudges against order factions in a diplomatic way. E.g. pacts with an order faction resolves a certain amount of grudges per round depending on the kind and duration of the pact. 

After a resolving enough grudges in that way, a quest battle unlocks, in which the player fight against an overwhelming force of Chaos and Skaven but gets reinforcements in the form of the allied faction (HE, WE). Winning this battle would resolve the legendary grudge against that faction, so we dont have to massacre them for AoR-progress. 

Updated 3 months ago.
0Send private message
3 months ago
Jul 6, 2024, 7:41:43 PM

Of course there's still work to do.

The Great Book of Grudges...remains full.

0Send private message
3 months ago
Jul 9, 2024, 5:15:53 PM

To me Dawi, to me ! 

CA, do not shame your ancestors ! You can do better than that ;) 

The "updates" between each DLC could be a perfect moment to clear this Grudge. 

And add a few more items to craft in the forge too please. 

Also, where are the Dawi items from the Chaos Dwarfs RoC campaign ? I remember you wanted to add them, somehow, to the Dawi (I might be wrong tho) ?

0Send private message
3 months ago
Jul 11, 2024, 7:30:08 PM

Pr4vda#6038 wrote:
CA, you can do better for the Grudges. I've try several campaigns after the patch, and, even as a veteran player of TW and a dwarf follower since WH1 in Legendary ... achieving highest grudges levels seems impossible.
You earn so few grudges from defeating foes. My last campaign as Thorek, turn 30, I've been blitzing my way taking everything from Karak Zorn to Karaz-A-Karak, and even above ... slaying Queek multiple times, on my way with Skarsnik, destroying multiple GS and skaven factions ... yet I get only the middle level grudges. 

I’m gonna show you how I see the “Age of Reckoning” (AoR).

Age of Reckoning :

1/ Delete the free army at max AoR. Dwarfs are not Khorne or the GS.

2/ Delete the grudge settlers. Why dwarfs can instant recruit elite units ? What are those units exactly ? Why are they far better than normal units ? It makes no sense for me.

3/ Delete the timer on AoR. This mechanic is not an election like the French or US elections. It is really strange to launch an AoR every X turns ! You launch an Age, it is done once the objectives are done, or done if you abandon it.

AoR should always be in effect.

4/ with that in mind, we keep the 5 AoR levels, each with new characteristics like Elgi = penalties to PO, relation with other dwarfs, and to trade with other dwarfs (-5 PO, -20 to relation, -30% from trade for instance, in Legendary). 

Every dwarf faction begins at the Elgi level. Because the AoR just begun.

Now, how do you reach another level ?

Easy.

AoR should depends on the Great Book of Grudges (GboG).

Great Book of Grudges :

The goal of the AoR is simple : clear the GboG from every grudges it has.

1/ GboG is now a shared mechanic between every dwarf faction.

2/ The GboG should have way more grudges. 40/50 I think. Some should be quite “easy” (like take back Karak Dum), while other should be to destroy an entire faction, or even an entire race ?

3/ The victory conditions for the dwarfs should be to clear the grudges. For a short victory, just clean 10 maybe. For the longest, clear the entire book.

4/ each grudge from the GboG should give a good reward. Runic weapon, special unit or hero, banner, etc. as well as money.

With your fellow dawi, just go and clean the book. It is the duty of every living dawi. 

However, that is not all. Every dawi faction gets his own book of grudges.

The “factions” Book of Grudges (BoG) :

This is where you can get your “less important” grudges, with the new system of grudges depending on the army and settlement. Btw, the Grudges allowed should grow far more. Just beeing a GS or a skaven faction should be like 100 grudges by army/settlement and not 0. Owning a Dawi karak should get 100 more grudges/turn for instance. 

The thing is that, instead of going in the AoR bar from the actual system, those grudges are now stocked. The currency can then be used for multiple things :

• Confederation

• 4/5 different pages, each with little gimmicks :

• For Grungni (economy)

• For Valaya (growth)

• For Grimnir (slayers)

• For Thungni (runes)

• For Morgrim (engineers)

What do you think ? are you happy with the actual state of the AoR ?  

Dwarf fans can be quiet for a bit. You just got a big update; other races need far more. 

0Send private message
3 months ago
Jul 13, 2024, 11:14:36 AM

Big update ?  Maybe. Is it good ? I would say something in between. Some good points while some are a step back.

So, no, manling, I won't stay quiet. The book remains full. 

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment