If CA is abandoning the Realms of Chaos map, they need to add that same value elsewhere.

Copied to clipboard!
4 days ago
Jun 27, 2024, 5:45:49 PM

They cant just say "RoC is too hard to support, so it's IE only now guys but DLC is still gonna be the same price of the last DLC". That's shrinkflation. Which is one of the reasons SoC almost killed the game.

We are going from 2 campaigns per LL to 1. We realistically should see a change in quality now that they are eliminating this RoC burden. If all efforts are going to IE I expect...

- Regular map expansions to IE

- Siege re-rework

- More actual content (not just MP buffs/debuffs) between DLCs

Now listening to the interview it seems like they are doing some of that, but again, its just words. If things remain the status quo, Congratulations! we have all just been royally duped.

Updated 4 days ago.
0Send private message
4 days ago
Jun 27, 2024, 5:59:55 PM

Agreed.  If we're only doing IEs now, the IE map should be the same fidelity as the RoC map.

Also, it should have the Chaos Realms.

0Send private message
4 days ago
Jun 27, 2024, 6:33:56 PM

I absolutely agree.

once again, we are getting LESS for the same price. not very convenient for a consumer.

anyway, if they continue to give the new LL a narrative, intro and ending videos, a storyline I'm willing to accept things as they are.

evolving IE should be a thing regardless of cutting other game stuff. cutting things won't bring innovations to IE, it will bring money to CA for salaries. 

Rob B. was right.

0Send private message
4 days ago
Jun 27, 2024, 6:39:34 PM

They can add LL to the IE map more easily than on the Chaos Realm map, and give narrative or mechanism for this LL, without worrying about making if fit with the Chaos Realm campaign.

For me it's an oppportunity to add more, not less.

0Send private message
4 days ago
Jun 27, 2024, 6:53:10 PM
Personally, I would like better optimization to be added to that list.

0Send private message
4 days ago
Jun 27, 2024, 7:18:08 PM

toskyrun#2614 wrote:
once again, we are getting LESS for the same price

I guess you didn't watch the video. Could you do that first?

0Send private message
4 days ago
Jun 27, 2024, 7:20:01 PM

SaintCorn#3148 wrote:
Personally, I would like better optimization to be added to that list.

Yep, RoC runs better than IE, now those lower spec PCs will pay the price.

Updated 4 days ago.
0Send private message
4 days ago
Jun 27, 2024, 7:51:19 PM

MODIDDLY1#9212 wrote:

toskyrun#2614 wrote:
once again, we are getting LESS for the same price

I guess you didn't watch the video. Could you do that first?

I saw it very well, thanks.

0Send private message
4 days ago
Jun 27, 2024, 7:55:13 PM
Keep in mind, we can now get Reworks, freelc LLs and the like between Content Drops now...thanks to not having to support the crap RoC map.

0Send private message
4 days ago
Jun 27, 2024, 7:56:01 PM

Djau#5149 wrote:
Keep in mind, we can now get Reworks, freelc LLs and the like between Content Drops now...thanks to not having to support the crap RoC map.

Excaclty that 

What hokelsty already a good trade off

0Send private message
4 days ago
Jun 27, 2024, 7:58:40 PM

Djau#5149 wrote:

They never explicitly said LL's I don't think, but even if it's just a basic unit here and there, that's still better to me than a campaign I haven't played since IE came out

0Send private message
4 days ago
Jun 27, 2024, 8:00:22 PM

I agree with this. If the price is staying the same, that means more time and with it resources should now flow into IE. The DLC now should be of much higher quality and fidelity, including the IE map. Updates should also be more common, maybe even two updates (.1 and .2) between major DLCs. Each of these updates aside from reworks they mentioned should also give some small content as well (either a new LH, new generic L or H, even new units, sometimes even an FLC LL), and reworks shouldn't be only about race reworks but also core game mechanics reworks. With ToD you could see that some things were left a little unfinished (especially visually), therefore future DLC will hopefully have less of that as the focus is now on just one map only and there are no big cinematics and narrative arcs needed now.

0Send private message
4 days ago
Jun 27, 2024, 8:01:30 PM

MODIDDLY1#9212 wrote:

Djau#5149 wrote:

They never explicitly said LL's I don't think, but even if it's just a basic unit here and there, that's still better to me than a campaign I haven't played since IE came out

They used 'new gameplay experiences' the same phrase in same video when they referred to FLC LLs for DLCs.

0Send private message
4 days ago
Jun 27, 2024, 8:05:45 PM

Considering RoC was terrible to begin with, it wouldn't be a major loss. But I can agree on map expansions and inter-DLC content.

0Send private message
4 days ago
Jun 27, 2024, 9:00:05 PM

Djau#5149 wrote:

They used 'new gameplay experiences' the same phrase in same video when they referred to FLC LLs for DLCs.

Huh, maybe then! I would be thrilled with that, but I was thinking more like faction reworks, units, and if they're feeling really froggy, a generic character here and there.

0Send private message
3 days ago
Jun 27, 2024, 9:06:18 PM

MODIDDLY1#9212 wrote:

Djau#5149 wrote:

Huh, maybe then! I would be thrilled with that, but I was thinking more like faction reworks, units, and if they're feeling really froggy, a generic character here and there.

I don't think it will be crazy-common (or they'll be more 'simple' LLs like Tretch used to be (that is, a unique start position and a basic mechanic).  This would work nicely for the Elector Counts and similar LLs.

So theres still some room for units, heroes, lords etc.

Like, I think from now till the DLC we'll probably get Egrimm van Horstman with the Cult Rework patch as LL for Tzeentch.   But that'll likely be the only LL.

0Send private message
3 days ago
Jun 27, 2024, 9:23:38 PM

I think by the end Chaos Realm should be an option in the settings of IE to have or not in your Single Campaign, and how. Also a Nemesis system for mid and end game should be added to manipulate End Crisis with a deep immersion in warhammer lore. Choose the Races and LLs you want to fight more and AI would make them grow faster and be more resilient.

0Send private message
3 days ago
Jun 27, 2024, 9:42:54 PM

DarthEnderX-#6513 wrote:

Agreed.  If we're only doing IEs now, the IE map should be the same fidelity as the RoC map.

Also, it should have the Chaos Realms.

This x1000 

Let's get chaos realm greater daemon starts

Updated 3 days ago.
0Send private message
3 days ago
Jun 27, 2024, 9:55:53 PM

Djau#5149 wrote:

Its just words atm. We need to start seeing results between now and the end of the year.

Updated 3 days ago.
0Send private message
3 days ago
Jun 27, 2024, 11:10:30 PM

Yes! I don't want to see anymore corner cutting.

No more of the below:

1. Stone Trolls are just recoloured Trolls. Give them proper goofy heads.

2. Dragon Mage. The took the easy route and gave Sun Dragon mount to the Fire Mage.

3. Necarch. Just a kitbash.

4. Hobgoblins. Really looked forward to these for so many years only to be let down with upscaled Night Goblins basically. They are meant to have a different physique to Goblins.

5. Carmine Dragon. They just used a HE dragon. It should at least have some unique straight horns. Instead they just took the fins off and called it a day. 

Really hope CA will revisit the list above at some point.

Updated 3 days ago.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment