My start position hopes for the new LLs

Copied to clipboard!
3 days ago
Jun 27, 2024, 8:02:59 AM

Golgfag: Southern Border Princes 

----> Skrag moved to the northern Mountains of Mourn 

Gorbad: Iron Rock (Badlands)

----> Wurzag moved to the Central Jungles in the Southlands 

Skulltaker: Southern Chaos Wastes (With a teleport mechanic ala Oxyotl so he can jump around the map)

Assuming the FLC will be Arbaal: Somehwere in northern Ind, IF we get a map expansion, he could start anywhere so if we won't get an Ind map expansion yet. Eventually he should be moved there tho. 

Where do you want the new LLs to start?

0Send private message
3 days ago
Jun 27, 2024, 8:33:28 AM

I agree with everything except Golgfag and Skrag. I think Golgfag should take over Ostankya's position in Naggaroth, have her placed in the Skull Road and Boris moved further west. Gives Ogres a position in the west with a logical character and fixes some of the mistakes of SoC. And I don't want to put Skrag in the Mourns to then just have to move him again if and when Ghark eventually comes.

0Send private message
3 days ago
Jun 27, 2024, 9:03:47 AM

TheWattman#7460 wrote:

I agree with everything except Golgfag and Skrag. I think Golgfag should take over Ostankya's position in Naggaroth, have her placed in the Skull Road and Boris moved further west. Gives Ogres a position in the west with a logical character and fixes some of the mistakes of SoC. And I don't want to put Skrag in the Mourns to then just have to move him again if and when Ghark eventually comes.

We should stop forcing LLs into Naggaroth where they have absolutely no business in. Golgfags entire lore is being a Merc for human Realms, Dwarfs or GS. There is absolutely nothing for him in Naggaroth. He never went ther and he never would. Golgfag in Naggaroth would be equaly stupid as Ostankya in Naggaroth. 

If you want an exotic start he could be in Cathay but Naggaroth just makes no sense. 

Skrak also makes no sense in the Border Princes to begin with and we need a second Ogre LL in the Mountains of Mourn. We will liekly never get Ghark so just move Skrag there and call it a day.

Updated 3 days ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message
3 days ago
Jun 27, 2024, 9:14:18 AM

Captain_Rex#1635 wrote:

Skulltaker: Southern Chaos Wastes (With a teleport mechanic ala Oxyotl so he can jump around the map)

Assuming the FLC will be Arbaal: Somehwere in northern Ind, IF we get a map expansion, he could start anywhere so if we won't get an Ind map expansion yet. Eventually he should be moved there tho. 

Where do you want the new LLs to start?

Agree with Golgfag and Gorbad. Skulltaker I don't care.

0Send private message
2 days ago
Jun 27, 2024, 9:23:54 AM

Captain_Rex#1635 wrote:

We should stop forcing LLs into Naggaroth where they have absolutely no business in. Golgfags entire lore is being a Merc for human Realms, Dwarfs or GS. There is absolutely nothing for him in Naggaroth. He never went ther and he never would. Golgfag in Naggaroth would be equaly stupid as Ostankya in Naggaroth. 

If you want an exotic start he could be in Cathay but Naggaroth just makes no sense. 

Skrak also makes no sense in the Border Princes to begin with and we need a second Ogre LL in the Mountains of Mourn. We will liekly never get Ghark so just move Skrag there and call it a day.

Golgfag in Naggaroth wouldn't be nearly the same situation as Ostankya. Golgfag doesn't have her connection to the homeland and while his main exploits are in the Old World, he is still a roaming character and out for hire by a whole range of people. Dark Elves included. Golgfag in Naggaroth would be way more loreful than Ostankya, I mean he is the Ogre that would travel far in the world.

And just because we didn't get Ghark with the DLC doesn't mean that we're never getting him. FLCs are reserved for the Monogods in their packs this time around, but afterwards its up for grabs again. I mean we could get Ghark as early as the DoW FLC.

0Send private message
2 days ago
Jun 27, 2024, 9:25:41 AM

General_Hijalti#1213 wrote:

One of them needs to be in the east to add a threat to cathay

That could be Skrag. We don't need an Ogre in the border princes anyway and it would bring him closer to home. Put him in the Warpstone Desert next to his beloved Maw.

0Send private message
2 days ago
Jun 27, 2024, 9:28:32 AM

General_Hijalti#1213 wrote:

One of them needs to be in the east to add a threat to cathay

Arbaal would be the best for that. 

0Send private message
2 days ago
Jun 27, 2024, 9:31:03 AM

TheWattman#7460 wrote:

Captain_Rex#1635 wrote:

Golgfag in Naggaroth wouldn't be nearly the same situation as Ostankya. Golgfag doesn't have her connection to the homeland and while his main exploits are in the Old World, he is still a roaming character and out for hire by a whole range of people. Dark Elves included. Golgfag in Naggaroth would be way more loreful than Ostankya, I mean he is the Ogre that would travel far in the world.

And just because we didn't get Ghark with the DLC doesn't mean that we're never getting him. FLCs are reserved for the Monogods in their packs this time around, but afterwards its up for grabs again. I mean we could get Ghark as early as the DoW FLC.

It would still be bad. DE would rather enslave him before they hire him. He really belongs to the Old World. Lets give him a loreful start. 

Updated 2 days ago.
0Send private message
2 days ago
Jun 27, 2024, 9:39:38 AM

NGL, im sad we'll never get a Black Pit or even Kureshi start (Snagla and F. Gobbos). Gorbad should theoretically be in Iron Rock, but that's where GS have started for the last 6-7 yrs basically, so its FAR from being an exciting start... It's also where he originally started his journey centuries ago. Him being resurrected and back again there is kind of dumb at this point. Since they're resurrecting a character from 800 yrs ago, i don't care if they throw him somewhere completely random and far away from his home turf. At least that's how they could try justifying how and why no Greenskin tribe has seen him for so long. If we're going with the Realm entrampment, hell throw him up in the Chaos Wastes which is where he'd have been spat out.

Personally, i'd move Skarsnik back in K8P (to hell with the race, it doesn't work either way). Since Gorfang is gone, then have HIM be the powerhouse of the Badlands.

Yea Wurrzag belongs to the Central Jungles for sure. Thats where he comes from, and i really want to follow his original journey through the jungles, through the deserts and into the Badlands.

I agree with Golgfag, switch him for Skrag and place Skrag up in the northern MoM, close to the Maw. There's no reason that Greasus is the single OGre starting in their homeland. There's also quite a bit of distance between the two and the campaigns would play very differently (think Drazoath vs Astragoth vs Zhatan).

Finally Skulltaker for me is whatever. I think he'll have a TP mechanic, a way for him to go search and defeat powerful lords across the world.

And Arbaal should start in Ind, with part of its land finally being opened up by CA.

Updated 2 days ago.
0Send private message
2 days ago
Jun 27, 2024, 9:44:47 AM

John_Kimble#3765 wrote:

NGL, im sad we'll never get a Black Pit or even Kureshi start (Snagla and F. Gobbos). Gorbad should theoretically be in Iron Rock, but that's where GS have started for the last 6-7 yrs basically, so its FAR from being an exciting start... It's also where he originally started his journey centuries ago. Him being resurrected and back again there is kind of dumb at this point. Since they're resurrecting a character from 800 yrs ago, i don't care if they throw him somewhere completely random and far away from his home turf. At least that's how they could try justifying how and why no Greenskin tribe has seen him for so long. If we're going with the Realm entrampment, hell throw him up in the Chaos Wastes which is where he'd have been spat out.

Personally, i'd move Skarsnik back in K8P (to hell with the race, it doesn't work either way). Since Gorfang is gone, then have HIM be the powerhouse of the Badlands.

Yea Wurrzag belongs to the Central Jungles for sure. Thats where he comes from, and i really want to follow his original journey through the jungles, through the deserts and into the Badlands.

I agree with Golgfag, switch him for Skrag and place Skrag up in the northern MoM, close to the Maw. There's no reason that Greasus is the single OGre starting in their homeland. There's also quite a bit of distance between the two and the campaigns would play very differently (think Drazoath vs Astragoth vs Zhatan).

Finally Skulltaker for me is whatever. I think he'll have a TP mechanic, a way for him to go search and defeat powerful lords across the world.

I'm not mad about no Black Pit Start postion, it is super close to Grom anyways. 

Considering that Elspeth starts in Nuln which is basicaly the same start as Karl Franz and Gelt I don't think CA cares. Gorbad would be THE perfect Badlands experience and with him there we could get Wurzag in the exotic Southlands where he rightfully belongs. Being surrounded by LM and HE would be a very refreshing GS campaign. 

0Send private message
2 days ago
Jun 27, 2024, 10:18:25 AM

John_Kimble#3765 wrote:

I don't really understand the need to story-wise motivate why Gorbad is back. Its simple. This is a sandbox and he is a prime name in the armybooks. That's it. And what is the point of representing him if you're not gonna depict him in his prime and as what he is known for?

Also, the Eight Peaks could well get a rework, or Skarsnik some unique mechanics for it, this time around. No need to move him.

0Send private message
2 days ago
Jun 27, 2024, 10:21:07 AM

TheWattman#7460 wrote:

John_Kimble#3765 wrote:

I don't really understand the need to story-wise motivate why Gorbad is back. Its simple. This is a sandbox and he is a prime name in the armybooks. That's it. And what is the point of representing him if you're not gonna depict him in his prime and as what he is known for?

Also, the Eight Peaks could well get a rework, or Skarsnik some unique mechanics for it, this time around. No need to move him.

Because it has to be explaned how he survived 800 years without anyone ever seeing him. It is important for immersion even if it is a sandbox game. Just give us 1-2 sentences like for repanse and be done, thats all we are asking for. 

0Send private message
2 days ago
Jun 27, 2024, 10:26:24 AM

Captain_Rex#1635 wrote:

Because it has to be explaned how he survived 800 years without anyone ever seeing him. It is important for immersion even if it is a sandbox game. Just give us 1-2 sentences like for repanse and be done, thats all we are asking for. 

Remind me how Repanse was motivated?

0Send private message
2 days ago
Jun 27, 2024, 10:32:41 AM

TheWattman#7460 wrote:

Captain_Rex#1635 wrote:

Remind me how Repanse was motivated?

The Lady made Repanse her Champion, teleported her to her Realm and kept her there as a living Saint that returns to the mortal World in Times of need.

Just give us something similar for Gorbad and I'm perfectly happy. 

0Send private message
2 days ago
Jun 27, 2024, 11:03:39 AM

Captain_Rex#1635 wrote:
n 27, 2024, 4:02:59 AM Copied to clipboard!

Yes, yes, and yes.  You nailed all of those.

0Send private message
2 days ago
Jun 27, 2024, 11:21:39 AM

TheWattman#7460 wrote:

John_Kimble#3765 wrote:

Sorry but no, this is not a sandbox game where you can do whatever with no justification. Immersion, lore and a tangent timeline is a huge deal in WHFB.

I would absolutely not care one bit if they added people like Gorbad, Gorthor, Magnus the Pious or hell even Sigmar, Caledor, Aenarion ecc. if this game was exclusively SP and MP quick battles, which is what the TT was unless you played in specific narrated events. Historical characters had rules in armybooks because GW wanted to allow players to play with some legends of the past in their self contained battles with friends. In the earlier editions of WHFB i could have Magnus the Pious fighing against Karl Franz since both had rules. You think CA could add Magnus, a long dead previous Emperor, to the game without giving any explanation because its a "sandbox"?

This game has a single player campaign with characters, locations and a world that is based on a very specific timeline. This game is full of lore blurbs, quests ecc in every campaign, that give context to the actual game and where and when in time are you playing in the milennia+ timespan of the WHFB universe.

Seriously, just say you like Gorbad and dont care about gigantic time jumps of huge historical characters and thats it. Don't justify it with dumb "its just a sandbox durr no need to explain" comment.

It's like adding Alexander the Great to a game thats starts with Julius Caesar as Emperor, because Alexander is badass and cool. Of course its a dumb historical timejump in a real timeline, but its exactly the same in a game that is set in a decade old, fantasy universe that has gigantic amount of details in its own timeline.

0Send private message
2 days ago
Jun 27, 2024, 11:30:03 AM

John_Kimble#3765 wrote:
this is not a sandbox game

That is literally exactly what it is...

0Send private message
2 days ago
Jun 27, 2024, 11:35:43 AM

DarthEnderX-#6513 wrote:

John_Kimble#3765 wrote:
this is not a sandbox game

That is literally exactly what it is...

*where you can do whatever with no justification.

Taking words in a sentence without the full context is both malicious and fallacious.

Edit: Now if you want to debate with John_Kimble on the definition of sandbox and if it is in direct contradiction with the need to justify the implementation of some elements (I don't think so, everyone who ever read a book knows that any universe needs at least some level of internal consistency), it is your right but let's be fair in our discussions.

Updated 2 days ago.
0Send private message
2 days ago
Jun 27, 2024, 11:44:27 AM

TheWattman#7460 wrote:
I think Golgfag should take over Ostankya's position in Naggaroth

Why? If you want Ostankya to be moved, just move her. What does it have to do with Golgfag?

John_Kimble#3765 wrote:
Sorry but no, this is not a sandbox game where you can do whatever with no justification. Immersion, lore and a tangent timeline is a huge deal in WHFB.

TWW doesn't really follow WHFB timeline.

John_Kimble#3765 wrote:

This game has a single player campaign with characters, locations and a world that is based on a very specific timeline.

Very specific timeline? In what period of WHFB timeline was it possible to Vlad and Isabella to fight against Karl Franz? And if the game starts with Karl Franz coronation then why Kislev is ruled by Katarin?

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment