So how did Gorbad survive? Let's speculate

Copied to clipboard!
3 days ago
Jun 26, 2024, 5:17:10 PM

I'm not happy with Gorbad as the LL but it is what it is, lets be positive. If CA creates a believable reason for how he survived the last 800 years, I can live with it and maybe even enjoy him. He has a cool model after all. 

I just hope they won't go the lazy route and be like "He was just there all the time, chilling." That would be lame and immersion breaking for me and immersion is key, at least me. 

So here is my personal take on how he survived the last 800 years: 

"Despite his defeat in the Empire, Khorne was so impressed by Gorbad that he sucked him into the realm of chaos to fight on his eternal battlefield. Gorbad fought for millenia and as a revard Khorne let him out into the Mortal world again to collect more skulls and spill more blood."

That would be believable and make sense in-universe and it would also be thematic for the entire DLC being Khorne focused. Something similar happened to Oxyotl to after all. 

What are you hoping for to be the reason for Gorbads survival? 

0Send private message
3 days ago
Jun 26, 2024, 5:18:51 PM

Im not mad about Gorbad... I mean he had 8 edition rules so...

But yeah, I would have prefered Gorfang or Morglum. Idk why they choose him over Gorfang Rotgut ! Probably because he is more ''known'' ?

But at least we will get a mixed greenskins bag, so units wise it's probably good.

I don't know if they will use any argument to say ''he is back''. We will see. Technicaly Jeanne and Grom are also not at the time of KF reign, but 800 years is a biiiit... more for Gorbad. But after all, orcs have a long longevity if they dont die right ?

Updated 3 days ago.
0Send private message
3 days ago
Jun 26, 2024, 5:21:29 PM

I have a feeling it'll just be he recovered from his wounds and is back and 'arder than evah! But I admit that story would be very cool.

0Send private message
0Send private message
3 days ago
Jun 26, 2024, 5:27:17 PM

SerPus#7395 wrote:

Nazjax#2857 wrote:
Idk why they choose him over Gorfang Rotgut !

Gorfang is already in the game.

Lets not derail the thread please. I posted this not to complain but to speculate on how CA could explain his survival. Their explanation for Repanse was really believable after all. 

0Send private message
3 days ago
Jun 26, 2024, 5:29:04 PM

Gork and Mork saved him and his warpig. Idk how but It was brutally cunning and cunningly brutal at same time. Somehow Gorbad survived.

I bet there will be no explanation. Like Repanse.

It is o(r)kish for a sandbox game. 

0Send private message
3 days ago
Jun 26, 2024, 5:29:32 PM

AHumpierRogue#5296 wrote:

I have a feeling it'll just be he recovered from his wounds and is back and 'arder than evah! But I admit that story would be very cool.

I hope its not just that. It worked for Grom who was only AWOL for 50 years. But licking your wounds for 800 years would be really odd. Orcs are technically immortasl but being around for 800 years without any notable feats would be really weird for an Orc. 

0Send private message
3 days ago
Jun 26, 2024, 5:29:37 PM

A necromancer found his dead ass and reanimated him...

0Send private message
0Send private message
3 days ago
Jun 26, 2024, 5:32:12 PM

Turned to stone by a Cockatrice and only recently revived.  Done.

0Send private message
3 days ago
Jun 26, 2024, 5:34:45 PM

DarthEnderX-#6513 wrote:

Turned to stone by a Cockatrice and only recently revived.  Done.

Could work but that would make him look like a dork honestly and not liek a hero from legends. 

0Send private message
3 days ago
Jun 26, 2024, 5:37:02 PM

Gorbad being stuck fighting in Khorne's realm and then time travelling to the current era due to Chaos shenanigans is for the moment the only explanation that I find good enough. I hope CA will state it somewhere and tie this loose end.

After loosing my boy Grimm, here goes my buddy Gorfang ...

0Send private message
3 days ago
Jun 26, 2024, 5:38:19 PM

MalalTheRenegade#5644 wrote:

Gorbad being stuck fighting in Khorne's realm and then time travelling to the current era due to Chaos shenanigans is for the moment the only explanation that I find good enough. I hope CA will state it somewhere and tie this loose end.

agreed, this would be the most satisfactory explanation and appropriate for the DLC theme

0Send private message
3 days ago
Jun 26, 2024, 5:40:21 PM

Loreguy#1056 wrote:

I bet there will be no explanation. Like Repanse.

There was an explanation for Repanse (at least in game 2). She basically ascended as the Lady's champion, went to her realm (hence her abscence) and came back as a sort of immortal being.

0Send private message
3 days ago
Jun 26, 2024, 5:43:03 PM

He went to Cathay and has been causing problems over there since his defeat, that's why no one has heard of him in the Old World and how he has survived, he simply never stopped fighting, he just went elsewhere.

0Send private message
3 days ago
Jun 26, 2024, 5:43:49 PM

Lord_Zarkov#7252 wrote:

agreed, this would be the most satisfactory explanation and appropriate for the DLC theme

And then we get diplomatic buffs between Gorbad and Oxyotl because they became guerrilla buddies while fighting against Khornate demons (kidding but the idea made me laugh).

0Send private message
3 days ago
Jun 26, 2024, 5:44:58 PM

Creative Control Brother.

0Send private message
3 days ago
Jun 26, 2024, 5:45:03 PM

Lord_Zarkov#7252 wrote:

And then we get diplomatic buffs between Gorbad and Oxyotl because they became guerrilla buddies while fighting against Khornate demons (kidding but the idea made me laugh).

That would be hilarious! 🤣 

0Send private message
3 days ago
Jun 26, 2024, 5:45:35 PM

mecanojavi99#6562 wrote:

He went to Cathay and has been causing problems over there since his defeat, that's why no one has heard of him in the Old World and how he has survived, he simply never stopped fighting, he just went elsewhere.

Him being abroad in the east, maybe even Ind or Khuresh could also work. It would still be odd that an Orc gets so old tho. 

0Send private message
3 days ago
Jun 26, 2024, 5:47:44 PM

Lord_Zarkov#7252 wrote:

Whatever CA will say, that will be my personal head canon now. Love it!

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment