NEW Lord Select Videos!

Copied to clipboard!
3 days ago
Jun 25, 2024, 10:59:59 AM

UPDATE 24/6/24 @ 10:20AM BST:

We identified some items that were missed from the original patch notes list, which we've now added below in the Release Spotlight section, including:

Lizardmen Faction Colours
- Lord Selection Video Refresh

We've also amended the unit, army and item abilities sections to be clearer and easier to understand. Thanks!

Lizardmen Faction Colours

We've been cracking the case on some faulty spawning pools and done an initial pass on the Lizardmen faction colour masks. A large selection of Lizardmen units now come in a dazzling rainbow of colours depending on the faction controlling them.

image (6).png

Lord Selection Video Refresh

We've gone back and done a refresher on a variety of old lord select videos! See some of your old favourites in new, high definition glory with new scenes and audio! (Khalida finally found her throne room!)

image (7).png

The following characters have received new selection movies:

• Repanse
  • Aranessa Saltspite
  • Count Noctilus
  • Luthor harkon
  • Crone Hellebron
  • Lokhir Fellheart
  • Malus Darkblade
  • Rakarth
  • Thorek Ironbrow
  • Wulfhart
  • Alarielle
  • Alith Anar
  • Eltharion
  • Imrik
  • Gor'rok
  • Nakai
  • Tehenhauin
  • Tik'Taq'To
  • Ikit Claw
  • Deathmaster Snikch
  • Throt The Unclean
  • Tretch Craventail
  • Arkhan The Black
  • Khalida
  • Settra The Imperishable (and many more titles)
  • The Sisters Of Twilight
  • Cylostra Direfin
0Send private message
0Send private message
3 days ago
Jun 25, 2024, 11:06:54 AM

Love these changes, especially the Lizardmen faction colors update.

I spend a slightly embarrassing amount of time going through the lord select videos, so this is a nice treat.

0Send private message
3 days ago
Jun 25, 2024, 11:17:38 AM

Nakai and Sniktch have Cathay backgrounds!

0Send private message
3 days ago
Jun 25, 2024, 11:21:02 AM

Wood_Sprite#1284 wrote:

A bit sad for Nakai as him roaring from the top of a lustrian temple was incredibly badass. Excited to check them all out later though.

0Send private message
0Send private message
3 days ago
Jun 25, 2024, 11:29:08 AM

The Repanse intro frustrates me because it shows that CA still hasn't fixed the Bretonnia visual bug where all their knights are different colors from their horses. Like come on CA this has been broken since WH2 launched and not once have they attempted to fix it. Even in 3.1 when they decided to do a mini Bretonnia update they still didn't fix it.

Updated 3 days ago.
0Send private message
3 days ago
Jun 25, 2024, 11:30:52 AM

Wood_Sprite#1284 wrote:
We've also amended the unit, army and item abilities sections to be clearer and easier to understand. Thanks!

What exactly do they mean? Are they talking about choosing your units and abilities for multiplayer matches?

0Send private message
3 days ago
Jun 25, 2024, 11:33:48 AM

Schub#9514 wrote:

Wood_Sprite#1284 wrote:

What exactly do they mean? Are they talking about choosing your units and abilities for multiplayer matches?

No, that was just formatting of that section in the patch notes.

0Send private message
3 days ago
Jun 25, 2024, 11:37:23 AM

Wood_Sprite#1284 wrote:

I don't like location specific intros. It implies that characters are permanently put in those locations and in the case of the unloreful Nakai in Cathay, that isn't ideal. It would only mean that it costs more resources to move certain characters, as new intro videos would have to be created.

One can update character intros sure, but they should be as general as possible.

0Send private message
3 days ago
Jun 25, 2024, 11:48:43 AM

TheWattman#7460 wrote:

Wood_Sprite#1284 wrote:

I don't like location specific intros. It implies that characters are permanently put in those locations and in the case of the unloreful Nakai in Cathay, that isn't ideal. It would only mean that it costs more resources to move certain characters, as new intro videos would have to be created.

One can update character intros sure, but they should be as general as possible.

Eh i also dislike Nakai's Cathay start, even if the whole Yuan Bo narrative gave it at least some more contxt and justification.

However, i also believe Nakai is there to stay. The most that could happen is him getting displaced across the mountain range in Kuresh. From that point of view, a Cathay intro still remains valid.

0Send private message
3 days ago
Jun 25, 2024, 11:50:22 AM

Can't deny that Aranessa and Alarielle look miles better though!

20240625134626_1.jpg20240625134700_1.jpg

0Send private message
3 days ago
Jun 25, 2024, 12:03:25 PM

So basically they had done initially the game 1 base lords + norsca.  

Then they did game 2 base lords in the last major patch.

Now they did a TON of game 2 DLC lords. 

What's missing are all game 1 DLC lords (minus Norsca), i a few game 2 lords (eg. Khatep, Taurox, Oxyotl come in mind) and everything from game 3 (if they intend do redo them too, since at least the base LL are similarly old-styled).  

0Send private message
0Send private message
3 days ago
Jun 25, 2024, 1:46:44 PM

This goes to show that game is far from dead and from the fact that only little support is left for it. 

Now just watch CA say tomorrow how there will be no further DLC actually. It was all a ruse, so people got excited for the dog. There will only be hotfix 5.1.1 to add new starting screens for the remaining lords.

P.S.: Does anyone have a video compilation of the new starting screens?

0Send private message
3 days ago
Jun 25, 2024, 1:59:40 PM

I didn't realize how grainy some of them are until I saw the new TK ones, but Khatep still have the old one. I'm curious why a few of the characters didn't get updated (Could very well have just been a time thing, which is fine, but I wonder if maybe other changes are coming so they didn't want to update them yet)

0Send private message
3 days ago
Jun 25, 2024, 3:51:41 PM

MODIDDLY1#9212 wrote:

I didn't realize how grainy some of them are until I saw the new TK ones, but Khatep still have the old one. I'm curious why a few of the characters didn't get updated (Could very well have just been a time thing, which is fine, but I wonder if maybe other changes are coming so they didn't want to update them yet)

At this point, considering the amount they added and the weird omissions , im sure it's just a matter of time.

They first started with the very dated game 1 base Lords + + WoC + Norsca which were in 240p.
Then the last patch they remastered all the game 2 base lords.

In 5.0 they remastered almost all the game 2 DLC lords, with a few exceptions (ex. Taurox, Oxyotl, Khatep) which im sure just didn't make it in time.

What they have left is now all the DLC game 1 lords (WE's, BMs, and every Lord Pack) + game 1 Bretonnia which they currently skipped. 

And finally, game 3 lords which actually now start looking a bit outdated, especially the base lords which now have a very old-style. 

Updated 3 days ago.
0Send private message
3 days ago
Jun 25, 2024, 4:25:27 PM

Alarielle's select video is far superior to the old one.

Imrik's on the other hand... Eh. It is better. It is. But it is a relatively small change. There is haughtiness and a hint of dragons, and that pretty much is it.

I wish it would lean more towards the Lord of Dragons aspect. The sky should be full of wyrms. Or, even better, the video should depict him smirking and then zoom out to show that he is leading a dragonhost in the skies.

0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment