The Landship driver plot thickens?

Copied to clipboard!
14 days ago
Jun 17, 2024, 7:57:01 PM

Everyone noticed how detailed the driver of the Landship is and that it was called "Marienburg General" in the files but now it's officially called General in ArtStation as well.

so-apparently-the-captains-on-the-landship-units-were-v0-oqp9bsvs567d1.jpg

Seeing how it also has a man/women variants it wouldn't surprise me if this ended up being the model used for Mercenary Generals if/when DoW arrives, with different weapon options depending on the gender similar to HE or DE.

0Send private message
14 days ago
Jun 17, 2024, 8:34:32 PM

Aaah, I remember 'Lord Khorne', too. I wouldn't look too much into it, as those filenames can be quite misleading. They're clear Marienburg characters and they look amazing, but Marienburg =/= Tilea.

Updated 14 days ago.
0Send private message
14 days ago
Jun 17, 2024, 8:36:36 PM

Both them and the unique sailor models on the landship would surprise me if they don't show up elsewhere for how detailed they are.

0Send private message
14 days ago
Jun 17, 2024, 9:37:38 PM

Man I wish we could have female (or male too) generic lords for more races. High Elf Archmage springs to mind. Only female, but the most famous Archmage Belannaer is male. Not good for RP purposes. Or female Boyars for Kislev (WHICH CA SPECIFICALLY SAID THAT THERE WERE), male Glade Captains or DE Masters.

0Send private message
14 days ago
Jun 17, 2024, 9:48:06 PM

TheWattman#7460 wrote:

Man I wish we could have female (or male too) generic lords for more races. High Elf Archmage springs to mind. Only female, but the most famous Archmage Belannaer is male. Not good for RP purposes. Or female Boyars for Kislev (WHICH CA SPECIFICALLY SAID THAT THERE WERE), male Glade Captains or DE Masters.

You're talking Elves. I'm saying the whole freaking Chaos factions are a sausage fest. Across Norsca, WoC, DoC, Beastmen, Skaven, Chaos Dwarfs, Nurgle, Khorne, Tzeentch, and Slaanesh, we only got two female characters, Valkia and the Cultist of Slaanesh (and no, Daemons of Slaanesh don't count as they're hermaphrodites).

Which is a shame really, since there are plenty of female Chaos Lords and Chaos Sorceresses in the lore.

0Send private message
0Send private message
14 days ago
Jun 17, 2024, 10:52:41 PM

mecanojavi99#6562 wrote:

Seeing how it also has a man/women variants it wouldn't surprise me if this ended up being the model used for Mercenary Generals if/when DoW arrives, with different weapon options depending on the gender similar to HE or DE.

Here's hoping!

0Send private message
14 days ago
Jun 18, 2024, 1:57:11 AM

JungleElf#8229 wrote:

Aaah, I remember 'Lord Khorne', too. I wouldn't look too much into it, as those filenames can be quite misleading. They're clear Marienburg characters and they look amazing, but Marienburg =/= Tilea.

It doesn't help that they're grouped under Marienburg in the files under the mar tag instead of under the dogs of war tag or dog. They're Marienburgers, and they're probably just exclusive to the landship.

0Send private message
0Send private message
14 days ago
Jun 18, 2024, 7:49:19 AM

TheWattman#7460 wrote:

Yes! The Prophecy of Demise ought to be honoured!

Unlike HE and DE, these models are not distinct enough.

CA should revisit ToD voice lines, because it is bizarre that centrepiece units don't get new ones.

0Send private message
0Send private message
13 days ago
Jun 18, 2024, 1:55:39 PM

Captain_Rex#1635 wrote:
Fingers crossed for a Marienburg Subfaction DLC with Edvard van der Kraal and Blades of Manaan!

Hell yeah!  A perfect DoW Faction!

0Send private message
13 days ago
Jun 18, 2024, 2:20:35 PM

DarthEnderX-#6513 wrote:

Captain_Rex#1635 wrote:
Fingers crossed for a Marienburg Subfaction DLC with Edvard van der Kraal and Blades of Manaan!

Hell yeah!  A perfect DoW Faction!

No not for DoW. As its own thing ala Norsca. 

0Send private message
13 days ago
Jun 18, 2024, 3:44:17 PM

Captain_Rex#1635 wrote:
As its own thing ala Norsca. 

I mean, Van Der Kraal is a pirate.  At a minimum, Aranessa should also be in said Race.

Updated 13 days ago.
0Send private message
13 days ago
Jun 18, 2024, 4:01:13 PM

DarthEnderX-#6513 wrote:

Captain_Rex#1635 wrote:

I mean, Van Der Kraal is a pirate.  At a minimum, Aranessa should also be in said Race.

Ideally Edvard in Lustria and an OG Character for Marienburg proper. But Aranessa has no business with MArienburg. 

Updated 13 days ago.
0Send private message
13 days ago
Jun 18, 2024, 4:04:18 PM

John_Kimble#3765 wrote:

Where on artstation did you find it? Went to check myself and can't seem to find the author.

Link.

Updated 13 days ago.
0Send private message
13 days ago
Jun 18, 2024, 4:33:25 PM

DarthEnderX-#6513 wrote:

Captain_Rex#1635 wrote:

Not really. Aranessa should have been in a Sartosan race, a Grand Alliance themed Race, or the Dogs of War. Van der Krall doesn't fit the first two. Doesn't seem likely to be in the third option, let alone with Aranessa being there too. 

0Send private message
13 days ago
Jun 18, 2024, 4:52:04 PM

Captain_Rex#1635 wrote:
Ideally Edvard in Lustria and an OG Character for Marienburg proper. But Aranessa has no business with MArienburg. 

They're not gonna make an entire Race for one ****ing city.

If you're making a living pirate Race and you're not including Sartosa in it, you're just wasting everyone's time.

0Send private message
13 days ago
Jun 18, 2024, 5:44:20 PM

Fossoway#5540 wrote:

TheWattman#7460 wrote:

You're talking Elves. I'm saying the whole freaking Chaos factions are a sausage fest. Across Norsca, WoC, DoC, Beastmen, Skaven, Chaos Dwarfs, Nurgle, Khorne, Tzeentch, and Slaanesh, we only got two female characters, Valkia and the Cultist of Slaanesh (and no, Daemons of Slaanesh don't count as they're hermaphrodites).

Which is a shame really, since there are plenty of female Chaos Lords and Chaos Sorceresses in the lore.

Yea, I would probably remove Skaven from your list. It’s not like they have a female lord choice in the lore.

0Send private message
13 days ago
Jun 18, 2024, 5:45:52 PM

Captain_Rex#1635 wrote:

That would be gold. The Marienburg mod is an awesome stop gap though.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment