Vote for the character you think it will be in the next DLC !

Greenskins : Morglum Necksnapper
Greenskins : Gorfang Rotgut
Greenskins : Snaggla
Greenskins : Gorbad Ironclaw
Khorne : Arbaal the Undefeated
Khorne : Scarr Bloodwrath
Khorne : Skulltaker
Ogres : Golgfag Maneater
Ogres : Ghark Ironskin
Ogres : Bragg Gutsman
Vote nowView results
Copied to clipboard!
10 days ago
Jun 16, 2024, 2:31:37 PM
I know a lot of posts discussed about it already, but having a poll is more interesting so we can determine a bit more what people are expecting. PS : It's ''you think'' not ''who you want/like''. The most logical choice in your opinion.

I choose the characters that are the most likely to come... I would have put more but the poll is limited to 10.Multiple choices are allowed to choose for every different race and also DLC / FLC. Since both can come but... in a different way.

I personnaly think the most likely is : Morglum (DLC) / Arbaal (DLC) / Skulltaker (FLC) and Golgfag (DLC).If not Morglum probably Gorfang Rotgut, I think if im honest both are very likely to come. I really think Gorbad is dead and will stay dead but who knows. Snaggla yes but in the last DLC or as a future FLC IMO.Skarr probably as the last Khorne DLC ? Bragg and Ghark could be both FLC or DLC material, but probably more FLC's since ogres are starting to be more and more complete after this incoming dlc.

0Send private message
0Send private message
10 days ago
Jun 16, 2024, 2:40:18 PM

JungleElf#8229 wrote:

I think Snaggla is definitely not coming as a paid LL, since he just doesn't fit the brutal and brawny theme this setup emits.

Yes. It's brute time ! And we need one orc paid dlc after the 2 gobbos :)

I just think it's really hard to determine it will be gorfang or morglum. Both would be great... My wish would be both, one dlc, one flc, but I also want Skulltaker as FLC so IDK if it's possible. Maybe with the 100th, who knows...

0Send private message
10 days ago
Jun 16, 2024, 2:43:58 PM

Do DLCs usually have a single theme? Maybe one lord will contradict that theme as I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a DLC we’re all the LLs follow a single and simple theme.

0Send private message
10 days ago
Jun 16, 2024, 2:46:00 PM

Nazjax#2857 wrote:

JungleElf#8229 wrote:

I think Snaggla is definitely not coming as a paid LL, since he just doesn't fit the brutal and brawny theme this setup emits.

Yes. It's brute time ! And we need one orc paid dlc after the 2 gobbos :)

I just think it's really hard to determine it will be gorfang or morglum. Both would be great... My wish would be both, one dlc, one flc, but I also want Skulltaker as FLC so IDK if it's possible. Maybe with the 100th, who knows...

Yeah, the Orc-LL is definitely up in the air this time and hard to correctly predict. CA could go either way with them. I'd prefer Gorfang (a loreful Badlands start, exposure in novels and other stories, but still distinct enough), but we'll see.

0Send private message
10 days ago
Jun 16, 2024, 2:48:37 PM

davedave1124#4773 wrote:

Do DLCs usually have a single theme? Maybe one lord will contradict that theme as I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a DLC we’re all the LLs follow a single and simple theme.

CA have started to try and theme dlc a bit more now (which I do like) but not every single unit has be to of that theme.

0Send private message
10 days ago
Jun 16, 2024, 2:54:56 PM

davedave1124#4773 wrote:

CA said they want to do themed DLC more often after positive feedback from fans (I think this was said in an interview or QA). Shadows of Change had more enigmatic characters, for example; All three of them dealing in the shadows. Thrones of Decay was mostly themed around the Tamurkhan supplement with the addition of Malakai (whom still shares the Nuln/Engineer-theme with Elspeth).

The Goblins have also had 2 DLC Legendary Lords already, an Orc would be more 'fitting'.

0Send private message
10 days ago
Jun 16, 2024, 2:59:44 PM

MODIDDLY1#9212 wrote:

davedave1124#4773 wrote:

CA have started to try and theme dlc a bit more now (which I do like) but not every single unit has be to of that theme.

I always feel like the differing characters make up a single theme or a contradictory theme like religion Vs science (PatW), SoC being characters who work in the background but in different ways usually. 

I don’t think they ever do a simple theme, that’s why I wasn’t surprised when it wasn’t Sniktch Vs another assassin as some people suspected.

0Send private message
10 days ago
Jun 16, 2024, 3:06:46 PM

davedave1124#4773 wrote:

I don’t think they ever do a simple theme, that’s why I wasn’t surprised when it wasn’t Sniktch Vs another assassin as some people suspected.

I'd be very interested in the behind the scenes story of the WH2 DE's, as Rakarth just being dropped out of nowhere and Malus against Sniktch always felt strange.

(I mean I was still happy to have Rakarth, and the Beastmaster and Master characters already being in the game meant he had most of his thematic units anyway without a dlc)

0Send private message
10 days ago
Jun 16, 2024, 4:25:46 PM

It still amazes me to see people talking about this mythical "Orc DLC" even tho the only remaining Orc unit is the Big Stabba, everything else being either Goblins or Squigs (which are a Night Goblin thing)

So I fail to see how a goblin like Snagla leading a mostly goblin/squig centric DLC side is less thematic than an Orc like Gorfang leading one.

Also, people thinking that somehow Snagla isn't "smashy" enough forget that they guy rides a gigantic spider the size of a pick-up, we are not talking about an Oxyotl or Snikch kind of character here.

0Send private message
10 days ago
Jun 16, 2024, 4:34:58 PM

mecanojavi99#6562 wrote:

It still amazes me to see people talking about this mythical "Orc DLC" even tho the only remaining Orc unit is the Big Stabba, everything else being either Goblins or Squigs (which are a Night Goblin thing)

So I fail to see how a goblin like Snagla leading a mostly goblin/squig centric DLC side is less thematic than an Orc like Gorfang leading one.

Also, people thinking that somehow Snagla isn't "smashy" enough forget that they guy rides a gigantic spider the size of a pick-up, we are not talking about an Oxyotl or Snikch kind of character here.

Black Orc Warboss

Savage Orc Great Shaman

Savage Orc Warboss

Savage Orc Shaman

Savage Orc Big Boss

Orc Great Shaman

Orc Big Boss

PLUS

wegwahae.png

0Send private message
10 days ago
Jun 16, 2024, 4:51:31 PM

It’ll be Gorbad since we had that CA def on the forum talking about him way back.

Snagla would be cool but there aren’t really a lot of forest goblin units to justify him, and while CA could invent them I think their focus will be the outstanding 8th edition stuff first.

0Send private message
10 days ago
Jun 16, 2024, 5:02:14 PM

Golgfag, Arbaal and Skulltaker seem like locks.

As for the GS LL, I think Snagla is the most LIKELY.  Since Forest Goblins are the only GS species without a LL.

But my PREFERENCE would be for Gorfang.  Provided he actually brings a non-horde Faction to GSs.  If he's not, and he's just going to end up being Grimgor Again, then I have no interest in him.

0Send private message
10 days ago
Jun 16, 2024, 5:07:10 PM

forthekey67#3061 wrote:

It’ll be Gorbad since we had that CA def on the forum talking about him way back.

Snagla would be cool but there aren’t really a lot of forest goblin units to justify him, and while CA could invent them I think their focus will be the outstanding 8th edition stuff first.

No need for invention, just look back in 4th edition for the Forest Goblin Axe/Club infantry and the generic options there.

0Send private message
10 days ago
Jun 16, 2024, 5:14:56 PM

TheWattman#7460 wrote:

forthekey67#3061 wrote:

No need for invention, just look back in 4th edition for the Forest Goblin Axe/Club infantry and the generic options there.

Yeah true, they’d definitely need a bit more than that but use them as basic infantry, add in generic characters and maybe make Gigantic Spider Riders a monstrous cav. Throw in some obscure lore creature and it could work out pretty well.

The problem is then we’re still missing the 8th edition units. I’d be happy to see a full Forest Goblin expansion but just think that the priority will be the stuff from the army book for now. Maybe if Greenskins get a 4th DLC.

0Send private message
10 days ago
Jun 16, 2024, 6:33:25 PM

forthekey67#3061 wrote:
maybe make Gigantic Spider Riders a monstrous cav​

There are already goblins on giant spiders. What's the point on making the same unit but with bigger spiders?

0Send private message
10 days ago
Jun 16, 2024, 6:48:38 PM

SerPus#7395 wrote:
What's the point on making the same unit but with bigger spiders?

Yeah...cause nobody in WH just has stronger versions of the same unit...

0Send private message
10 days ago
Jun 16, 2024, 6:57:57 PM

100% sure on Arbaal, pretty sure on Snagla since a forest goblin is the only greenskin subspecies that doesn't have a LL, and I hope it is Ghark since Golgfag would work better as a mercenary but it will probably be him.

0Send private message
10 days ago
Jun 16, 2024, 6:58:59 PM

TheWattman#7460 wrote:

mecanojavi99#6562 wrote:

Black Orc Warboss

Savage Orc Great Shaman

Savage Orc Warboss

Savage Orc Shaman

Savage Orc Big Boss

Orc Great Shaman

Orc Big Boss

PLUS

wegwahae.png

You really want all that over actual new units like the colossal squig or the squig gobba?

0Send private message
10 days ago
Jun 16, 2024, 7:12:46 PM

PoorManatee6197#6481 wrote:

TheWattman#7460 wrote:

mecanojavi99#6562 wrote:

Black Orc Warboss

Savage Orc Great Shaman

Savage Orc Warboss

Savage Orc Shaman

Savage Orc Big Boss

Orc Great Shaman

Orc Big Boss

PLUS

wegwahae.png

You really want all that over actual new units like the colossal squig or the squig gobba?

Honestly, 100% yes, Greenskin variety is but a pale shadow of what it could be and they are essentially a race of subraces. With the Greenskins, functionally new units are not the issue most pressing, it is the variety and representation of the subraces and the ability to create viable armies out everyone of them. To be able to run a tactically diverse Savage Orc army (with generic lords and heroes and a satisfying varity of weapon options in the units) for Wurrzag, or to eventually go full Forest Goblin mode with Snagla. To give Grimgor only da best black boyz.

The answer to that dilemma is not to add a handful of new Squigs and the Spear Chukkaz. It is to enhance the subrosters with variants. I mean, this is literally the reason that the mantra has been that Greenskins deserve a CoC-style update, a mantra shared by both community members and many content creators. That they'd need it to be able to be even baseline completed in this fashion. A comment I made earlier about this:

"A CoC with like 20 weapon variants, 6 - 7 new units and all the missing generics would've been so much easier. Led by Morglum, Snagla, Gorfang and Gorbad + Gitilla and Borgut LHs. Boom, one swoop and then done."

THAT is what the Greenskins need to be complete.

Updated 10 days ago.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment