The scariest part of this mess is CA's silence.

Copied to clipboard!
a month ago
Jun 4, 2024, 5:53:06 PM

I half expected a CA member to post something like "lol no wtf, that's not true at all".

That deafening silence speaks volume. CA, if you're reading this, you need to talk to us. Please. This need to be cleared up ASAP.

0Send private message
a month ago
Jun 4, 2024, 5:59:18 PM

Video game companies, including CA, almost never react to any sort of leaks or rumours. I don't see why CA's silence is surprising or alarming there.

0Send private message
a month ago
Jun 4, 2024, 6:09:30 PM

Neodeinos#5871 wrote:

Video game companies, including CA, almost never react to any sort of leaks or rumours. I don't see why CA's silence is surprising or alarming there.

This is bad press. They managed to regain the love of their community and playerbase with Thrones of Decay, and they stand to lose it all over again. Keeping silence is damaging their brand, at this point.

0Send private message
a month ago
Jun 4, 2024, 6:10:38 PM

Fossoway#5540 wrote:

I half expected a CA member to post something like "lol no wtf, that's not true at all".

That deafening silence speaks volume. CA, if you're reading this, you need to talk to us. Please. This need to be cleared up ASAP.

this was my thought exactly. I genuinely expected someone to say something, but just silence.

This is what makes it worrying… the silence makes you suspect it’s not bs

0Send private message
a month ago
Jun 4, 2024, 6:12:26 PM

Fossoway#5540 wrote:

Neodeinos#5871 wrote:

This is bad press. They managed to regain the love of their community and playerbase with Thrones of Decay, and they stand to lose it all over again. Keeping silence is damaging their brand, at this point.

Companies don't react to leaks even if it's bad press. I agree that they shouldn't remain silent but they won't and there's nothing surprising about this.

0Send private message
a month ago
Jun 4, 2024, 6:15:02 PM

Fossoway#5540 wrote:

How long did it take before CA announced a response to 4.0 when the shitstorm around SoC was at a fever pitch? How long did it take before CA put an official date to ToD when everyone was losing their minds?

Silence and lack of communication is and has always been CA’s m.o. If CA not responding to a single content creator’s leaks is scaring you, or the fact that content might not be what you want is scaring you, you might be in a bit too deep.

CA should be better at communicating and if they had released a roadmap at a reasonable pace this wouldn’t be a problem, but that’s CA and that’s nothing new (unfortunately).

Updated a month ago.
0Send private message
a month ago
Jun 4, 2024, 6:15:31 PM

Neodeinos#5871 wrote:

Fossoway#5540 wrote:

Neodeinos#5871 wrote:

Companies don't react to leaks even if it's bad press. I agree that they shouldn't remain silent but they won't and there's nothing surprising about this.

Exactly. I've almost never seen companies publicly react on rumours.

0Send private message
a month ago
Jun 4, 2024, 6:18:42 PM

Pretty sure the only time game companies actually respond to leaks is when whole trailers, gameplay videos or stuff like that gets leaked, not wild rumours from a youtuber.

Would it be easier for CA to simply craft a small message debunking the rumours? Yes, but we are talking about CA, lack communication from the their part is expected 

0Send private message
0Send private message
a month ago
Jun 4, 2024, 6:32:19 PM

sokaras#5447 wrote:

No, the scariest part is how many of you guys give a damn about that video.

Theres been smoke and rumours about some of it for quite a while.  There was a thing couple months ago I believe where there was a rumour that Monkey King would be coming as his own mini-faction.

0Send private message
a month ago
Jun 4, 2024, 6:33:05 PM

As I mentioned in another spot, the community manager has already closed a few threads here because they were talking about leaks, especially some from LoTW. 
It is clearly weird that they have not closed all of the threads talking about LoTW leak. Not even commenting about it, but just closing them stating they don't want the community to talk about leaks, whether they are true or not.

0Send private message
a month ago
Jun 4, 2024, 6:41:31 PM

WalterSobchack83#1483 wrote:

As I mentioned in another spot, the community manager has already closed a few threads here because they were talking about leaks, especially some from LoTW. 
It is clearly weird that they have not closed all of the threads talking about LoTW leak. Not even commenting about it, but just closing them stating they don't want the community to talk about leaks, whether they are true or not.

This is a general  rule in this forum 

I remember  my fake hafling  leak got closed in the og forum lol

0Send private message
a month ago
Jun 4, 2024, 6:48:47 PM
Even if they want to make a statement about it, remember they need to check with CA leadership then SEGA first.  That takes time.

0Send private message
a month ago
Jun 4, 2024, 6:51:38 PM
CA should have shared news regarding 5.1 and Roadmap with us by now—a simple teaser on their 5.0.4 hotfix would suffice and debacle any LotW leaks or anything else. 

0Send private message
a month ago
Jun 4, 2024, 6:58:06 PM

You can tell that Legend never held an honest job in his life by how ignorant he is of corporate culture making his leaks sound completely unbelievable.

Some low level dev isn't going to have any sort of financial sales data, that's stuff for the decisions makers and the guys collecting those numbers are not going to risk their job (and a hefty lawsuit for breach of contract and openly damaging behaviour towards the company) giving them to some YT loudmouth like LotW to blare into the world. Some low level pencil pusher isn't going to know what's going on during negotiations with another company, especially not that company making any sort of open political statement like Legend claims GW did. Like hell GW would tell CA "no more Kislev stuff because of the war in Ukraine". GW wouldn't be making such statements in the first place, they'd just tell CA "no more Kislev stuff because we don't want any". They hold the IP, they don't have to justify themselves. 

That people fall for this hook, line and sinker is pretty darn depressing. I can only guess some people simply want to be outraged.  

Updated a month ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message
a month ago
Jun 4, 2024, 7:15:18 PM

Yeah it would literally stop the issue in it's tracks if they just confirmed it wasn't true.

0Send private message
a month ago
Jun 4, 2024, 7:16:11 PM

GBone#4408 wrote:

Why would CA comment on some ridiculous forum drama?

This isn't just some forum drama, everyone's talking about the leaks regardless on the platform. It is making a lot of noise, not that it's going to change anything.

0Send private message
a month ago
Jun 4, 2024, 7:17:37 PM

This whole thing is stupid. Cathay deserves more dlcs, and people treat LoTW like the holy prophet. 

I hate this fear-mongering these loudmouth youtubers use to make people outraged to try to change the decisions of the company for future content

0Send private message
a month ago
Jun 4, 2024, 7:19:06 PM

GBone#4408 wrote:

Why would CA comment on some ridiculous forum drama?

I highly doubt it is just this forum.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment