I don't want Dogs of War.

Copied to clipboard!
23 days ago
Jun 3, 2024, 7:03:13 PM

Controversial topic, I know, but I just don't don't want another race that's going to be either:

A ) Incomplete, with missing units and/or a very low number of LL

B ) Mechanically clunky, and in need of a rework it will never get

Take Ogre Kingdoms, Norsca, Tomb Kings, Vampire Coast. All are in need of updates. All are missing key units and/or characters. What are the chances they all get a new DLC before the end of Warhammer 3? What are the chances Dogs of War are going to receive an update too?

Best case scenario, we get something like Chaos Dwarfs: good roster, good mechanics, but some glaring omissions (no Hobgoblin lord/hero, no Chaos Siege Giants, only 3 lords, etc).

I'd much rather we complete the rosters and update the races we already have.

0Send private message
23 days ago
Jun 3, 2024, 7:12:07 PM

I'll take whatever I can get.

Modders can fix 'em later.

Updated 23 days ago.
0Send private message
23 days ago
Jun 3, 2024, 7:14:46 PM

I do. They are the last faction that had an army book and people have been asking for them for ages. Everyone thought they were going to be the dlc before the Vampire Coast were announced.

People complain about the Tomb Kings and Norsca but those factions were well received on release. They're pretty much complete and have only become a bit stale because other factions have received updates.

0Send private message
23 days ago
Jun 3, 2024, 7:18:09 PM

Valnir19#9931 wrote:

I do. They are the last faction that had an army book and people have been asking for them for ages. Everyone thought they were going to be the dlc before the Vampire Coast were announced.

People complain about the Tomb Kings and Norsca but those factions were well received on release. They're pretty much complete and have only become a bit stale because other factions have received updates.

Tomb Kings and Norsca are the only factions with only one generic lord option. They are never going to be "complete" until they receive at least one more.

0Send private message
23 days ago
Jun 3, 2024, 7:18:38 PM

I honestly wouldn't mind their omission, either. If there's a choice, I'd rather have the current plethora of races fleshed-out. The DoW don't feel 'essential' to the current scope of the map, nor to its narrative. Borgio and Lucrezzia are quite generic characters, and the DoW roster is a total mess.

0Send private message
23 days ago
Jun 3, 2024, 7:19:06 PM

DarthEnderX-#6513 wrote:

I'll take whatever I can get.

Modders can fix 'em later.

That's my copium too, now.

0Send private message
23 days ago
Jun 3, 2024, 7:20:35 PM

JungleElf#8229 wrote:

I honestly wouldn't mind their omission, either. If there's a choice, I'd rather have the current plethora of races fleshed-out. The DoW don't feel 'essential' to the current scope of the map, nor to its narrative. Borgio and Lucrezzia are quite generic characters, and the DoW roster is a total mess.

Exactly. With or without them, the map is already pretty stacked.

0Send private message
23 days ago
Jun 3, 2024, 7:24:09 PM

JungleElf#8229 wrote:
and the DoW roster is a

beautiful cornucopia.

Updated 23 days ago.
0Send private message
23 days ago
Jun 3, 2024, 7:24:42 PM

Fossoway#5540 wrote:

Valnir19#9931 wrote:

Tomb Kings and Norsca are the only factions with only one generic lord option. They are never going to be "complete" until they receive at least one more.

One generic lord does not a dlc make, as the old saying goes. They could get that in an flc tomorrow.

0Send private message
23 days ago
Jun 3, 2024, 7:26:45 PM

Valnir19#9931 wrote:

Fossoway#5540 wrote:

Valnir19#9931 wrote:

One generic lord does not a dlc make, as the old saying goes. They could get that in an flc tomorrow.

The missing generic lords are the bare minimum, but they'll still be missing some key units: Curs'ed Ettins, Khemric Titans, Tomb Heralds, etc.

0Send private message
23 days ago
Jun 3, 2024, 7:29:38 PM

They were always going to do a second Race Pack.. it is the way. If they offer something new then I'll buy it. I imagine it'll be cheaper than the CD DLC, of that I'm certain.

0Send private message
23 days ago
Jun 3, 2024, 7:32:37 PM

davedave1124#4773 wrote:

They were always going to do a second Race Pack.. it is the way. If they offer something new then I'll buy it. I imagine it'll be cheaper than the CD DLC, of that I'm certain.

I'm sceptical; Anyway, we'll see. Curious if we'll actually get a roadmap this week. Or at least some news from the devs.

Updated 23 days ago.
0Send private message
23 days ago
Jun 3, 2024, 7:34:08 PM

JungleElf#8229 wrote:
I'm sceptical; Anyway, we'll see. Curious if we'll actually get a roadmap this week. Or at least some news from the devs.

CA Blogpost:  "Stop listening to Legend."  End post.

Updated 23 days ago.
0Send private message
23 days ago
Jun 3, 2024, 7:35:08 PM

DarthEnderX-#6513 wrote:

JungleElf#8229 wrote:

CA Blogpost:  "Stop listening to Legend.  End post."

That will never happen, but it will be funny.

Gaming companies usually don't pay attention to (real or fake) rumours. Damned if they do, damned if the don't, basically.

0Send private message
23 days ago
Jun 3, 2024, 7:35:50 PM

Relative to other potential additions they aren’t the very top of my personal list. However, they were an army book race and do represent a subsection of the map that could do with extra diversity. Others very much love the Dogs of War and they deserve to be represented.

They likely would come with a revamped mercenary system that all races could potentially use, adding a gameplay feature that provides additional depth to all current campaigns. It could also finally fix the Ogre’s broken mercenary system. Not to mention the potential increasing of tools modders can use with mercenary pools being fiddly to work with.

There’s a lot of potential with the Dogs of War.

0Send private message
23 days ago
Jun 3, 2024, 7:39:14 PM

There is basically only one reason that I want the DoW to begin with: the possibility of an accompanying overhaul for Aranessa, to rescue her from association with the Undead, one of the most heinous atrocities that this trilogy has ever comitted.

Unless I get that with them, they might as well not come.

0Send private message
23 days ago
Jun 3, 2024, 7:39:32 PM

Passthechips#4366 wrote:

Relative to other potential additions they aren’t the very top of my personal list. However, they were an army book race and do represent a subsection of the map that could do with extra diversity. Others very much love the Dogs of War and they deserve to be represented.

They likely would come with a revamped mercenary system that all races could potentially use, adding a gameplay feature that provides additional depth to all current campaigns. It could also finally fix the Ogre’s broken mercenary system. Not to mention the potential increasing of tools modders can use with mercenary pools being fiddly to work with.

Oh, they do have a lot of potential.

But should we be focusing on them when the game's remaining DLCs are numbered? Not so sure. Adding DoW now feels to me like sacrifices will have to be made elswhere.

0Send private message
23 days ago
Jun 3, 2024, 7:40:34 PM

JungleElf#8229 wrote:

davedave1124#4773 wrote:

They need to, it must be seen as a priority while some of their staff require a weekly head pat from LoTW.

0Send private message
23 days ago
Jun 3, 2024, 7:41:11 PM

Fossoway#5540 wrote:

Passthechips#4366 wrote:

But should we be focusing on them when the game's remaining DLCs are numbered? Not so sure. Adding DoW now feels to me like sacrifices will have to be made elswhere.

Yeah, that's my fear, too.

And the DoW have always been a 'armybook-race' not an armybook-race. They were mercenaries that could be used in other rosters, too. And were canned for a reason (that's why we got the Ogre Kingdoms).

0Send private message
23 days ago
Jun 3, 2024, 7:45:48 PM

Fossoway#5540 wrote:

The future of WH3 depends on DLCs selling well. The Dogs of War are an easy to produce DLC (especially going by the leaks suggested units) that could sell very well. Human factions are often the most popular after all.  

Seems like a low cost high return DLC that could catapult future DLCs, and it makes sense CA would go for it. The Dogs of War were always part of the content map and we’ve known about them since 4.0 dropped.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment