Do not nerf the steam tank!

Copied to clipboard!
22 days ago
May 25, 2024, 5:25:18 PM

The MP guys are already crying loudly for nerfs so i have to make this thread prophylactically. CA do not want to buff demigryph knights properly so steam tanks are the only good unit. Cannons are still trash (much worse than dwarf and catchina cannons), Nulln ironsides are not that good and Bruckner is utter trash. So we deserve at least one really good unit! CA can nerf it by price but not by removing hp or armor. Steams tanks are tanks made of iron so they should be better than f..ing chariots made of wood!

Updated 22 days ago.
0Send private message
22 days ago
May 25, 2024, 5:33:35 PM

KIT#5531 wrote:
so steam tanks are the only good unit.

Can't take your post serious after that. the ONLY good unit is steam tanks...

0Send private message
22 days ago
May 25, 2024, 5:48:55 PM

yes the steam tank is the only really good unit for the Empire. All other units are worse than compareable units from other factions.

0Send private message
0Send private message
22 days ago
May 25, 2024, 6:42:45 PM

KIT#5531 wrote:

yes the steam tank is the only really good unit for the Empire. All other units are worse than compareable units from other factions.

1320529223886.jpg

0Send private message
22 days ago
May 25, 2024, 6:51:18 PM

KIT#5531 wrote:

1. Play on easy/easy
  2. Move the battle bonus slider all the way to the left

Also, you're wrong  considering that the Landship is currently almost as broken as the Thunderbarge.

0Send private message
    22 days ago
    May 25, 2024, 7:17:10 PM

There are some niche units in the game, but I can probably count the amount of "trash" units (Units so bad they should never be taken) on one hand.

0Send private message
    22 days ago
    May 25, 2024, 7:50:38 PM

TainBoCuailinge#8335 wrote:

KIT#5531 wrote:

1. Play on easy/easy

Also, you're wrong  considering that the Landship is currently almost as broken as the Thunderbarge.

Nope always play on legendary /vh

0Send private message
      22 days ago
      May 25, 2024, 9:18:44 PM

KIT#5531 wrote:

Tell me you suck at the game without telling me you suck at the game.

0Send private message
      0Send private message0Send private message
      22 days ago
      May 26, 2024, 5:00:34 AM

KIT#5531 wrote:

KIT#5531 wrote:

1. Play on easy/easy

The. You're playing a difficulty that clearly isn't for you lol

0Send private message
        22 days ago
        May 26, 2024, 6:39:47 AM

KIT#5531 wrote:

KIT#5531 wrote:

1. Play on easy/easy

That's your problem. If you want an easy steamroll, you always have the option of playing on easy. If you demand legendary to be made easier, you should be ignored because the entire point of higher difficulties is that they're difficult.

0Send private message
          22 days ago
          May 26, 2024, 1:15:15 PM

GreenColoured#3418 wrote:

KIT#5531 wrote:

KIT#5531 wrote:

1. Play on easy/easy

Again: Playing on normal /normal the game is way too easy. On legendary /vh playing Karl Franz is great. But at least i wanna have one really good unit for the late game. So CA should not nerf the steam tank. Other factions can isntantly recruit high tier units at early stages of the campaign. The Empire (Kral Franz) is still a very weak early game faction. So a strong steam tank will not change this. 

0Send private message
            22 days ago
            May 26, 2024, 1:39:17 PM

KIT#5531 wrote:

KIT#5531 wrote:

KIT#5531 wrote:

1. Play on easy/easy

Again: Playing on normal /normal the game is way too easy. On legendary /vh playing Karl Franz is great. But at least i wanna have one really good unit for the late game. So CA should not nerf the steam tank. Other factions can isntantly recruit high tier units at early stages of the campaign. The Empire (Kral Franz) is still a very weak early game faction. So a strong steam tank will not change this. 

By lategame you have a bazillion buffs on all of your units, infinite funds and several maxed-out characters while the AI has hopelessly fallen behind, so there's no need for a "really good unit" because there's no one who can put up a fight against you either way.

0Send private message
              21 days ago
              May 26, 2024, 4:33:07 PM

If you can only rely on these sick, overpowered, broken units to defeat the AI/have fun with the game, obviously your current choice of difficulty is unsuitable for you.

While it may sound like a bit of a self-aggrandizement, for some skilled, veteran players, they can win campaigns on Legendary difficulty while only recruiting units of tier3 and below (which is fine for most races, only a few races may encounter some difficulties). 

(EDIT: Actually, I was going to say tier2 at first, but after thinking about it, it is indeed challenging for one or two specific races to complete a campaign victory only using tier2 units, without taking advantage of some of the AI's combat logic bugs)

Overpowered big toys like Tanks, LandShips, Thunderbarges are not necessary to win battles, and in a way they even destroy the fun of the game because they make victory extremely cheap and easy to come by,  you barely even need to use your brain.

So, I would always be in favor of nerfing these overpowered toys (in almost all circumstances)

KIT#5531 wrote:

KIT#5531 wrote:

1. Play on easy/easy

Updated 21 days ago.
              0Send private message
              21 days ago
              May 26, 2024, 5:58:10 PM

KIT#5531 wrote:

KIT#5531 wrote:

KIT#5531 wrote:

1. Play on easy/easy

The fact that you think Steam Tanks are the one "really good unit" in the late game already communicates how unsuitable you are for any difficulty above normal.

Other factions having broken Shit is not an excuse to make Empire an even bigger cakewalk than it already is. Why don't you start threads asking CA to nerf OP shit instead? 

0Send private message
                16 days ago
                Jun 1, 2024, 3:18:48 PM

KIT#5531 wrote:

KIT#5531 wrote:

KIT#5531 wrote:

1. Play on easy/easy

The fact that you think Steam Tanks are the one "really good unit" in the late game already communicates how unsuitable you are for any difficulty above normal.

Other factions having broken Shit is not an excuse to make Empire an even bigger cakewalk than it already is. Why don't you start threads asking CA to nerf OP shit instead? 

Have you ever played the Empire on L/VH? In the late game all factions became OP but with the Empire you have to survive until late game so this is the difficulty. Heaving a good steam tank in the lange game changes nothing except that you can have fun now with the Empire. If CA nerfs the steamt tank i will not play this game anymore. Why not nerfing the skaven nuke or the whaagh of the greenskins? These mechanics are OP. Let me tell you why. Because it is not relevant for MP. All nerfs are made because of MP! I wanna have fun in SP and the Empire is my favorite faction if i do not have fun i will not play it. Period.

0Send private message
                  16 days ago
                  Jun 1, 2024, 3:36:40 PM

KIT#5531 wrote:

KIT#5531 wrote:

KIT#5531 wrote:

KIT#5531 wrote:

1. Play on easy/easy

Have you ever played the Empire on L/VH? In the late game all factions became OP but with the Empire you have to survive until late game so this is the difficulty. Heaving a good steam tank in the lange game changes nothing except that you can have fun now with the Empire. If CA nerfs the steamt tank i will not play this game anymore. Why not nerfing the skaven nuke or the whaagh of the greenskins? These mechanics are OP. Let me tell you why. Because it is not relevant for MP. All nerfs are made because of MP! I wanna have fun in SP and the Empire is my favorite faction if i do not have fun i will not play it. Period.

So the Empire only became your favourite faction after last DLC?  And you don't enjoy playing it until you reach t5? Those are weird statements. On the other hand, all nuke abilities should be nerfed.

0Send private message
                    15 days ago
                    Jun 1, 2024, 4:57:05 PM

I think the steam tank actually hurts the empire rn, as it overshadows pretty much all other empire late game units. For example the landship is actually surprisingly good, but steam tank is just better. There is almost nothing the steam tank can't beat or do extremely well against.

0Send private message
                    ?

Click here to login

Comment