I wish CA would buff Bolt Thrower and Greater Demons

Copied to clipboard!
24 days ago
May 23, 2024, 9:40:08 AM

... weird how Bolt Thrower stayed the same even after Dwarf rework. A slight buff would be nice or just adding a prototype ''Anti-Air'' ability to it. Also some demons - especially Bloodthirsters and Keeper of Secrets - could use a buff.

ToD sadly changed nothing in that regard.

ps. I remeber how wolf chariots got nerfed long time ago because... yeah, why exactly?

0Send private message
24 days ago
May 23, 2024, 10:40:08 AM

Imo, Bolt Throwers should stay as they are, BUT be available in base settlement buildings at tier 2. Make them early and easily recruitable artillery units available from early game. This way they'll have a niche and not be instantly overlooked over better early artillery like cannons or grudge throwers.

0Send private message
24 days ago
May 23, 2024, 11:48:57 AM

If we’re asking for random unit buffs, most of the Tomb King’s T5 Constructs are just not up to snuff anymore since the move to Ultra. There’s a fair number of SEMs that need a little extra juice.

0Send private message
21 days ago
May 25, 2024, 9:59:25 PM

Passthechips#4366 wrote:

If we’re asking for random unit buffs, most of the Tomb King’s T5 Constructs are just not up to snuff anymore since the move to Ultra. There’s a fair number of SEMs that need a little extra juice.

I totally agree. I wish CA would re-evaluate at least 50% of SEMs.

0Send private message
21 days ago
May 26, 2024, 4:50:20 PM

Passthechips#4366 wrote:

talking about SEM i think like some people on the forum they should get a big anti little missile (arrows and little bullets)

SEM are just not usable if you don't want justa fun army 

Updated 21 days ago.
0Send private message
21 days ago
May 26, 2024, 4:59:14 PM

CA always struggles with bolt throwing artillery. 

0Send private message
21 days ago
May 26, 2024, 6:00:10 PM

Arthas_Menethil#3421 wrote:

They're very good one high and dark elves.

0Send private message
21 days ago
May 26, 2024, 6:01:23 PM

valexis2#4045 wrote:

Passthechips#4366 wrote:

talking about SEM i think like some people on the forum they should get a big anti little missile (arrows and little bullets)

SEM are just not usable if you don't want justa fun army 

What are you trying to say? This reads almost like it's written by an AI or went through a translation app.

0Send private message
20 days ago
May 27, 2024, 5:55:37 AM

Just like every Dwarf player CA simply forgot that the Bolt Thrower even exists.

0Send private message
20 days ago
May 27, 2024, 6:49:52 AM

GreenColoured#3418 wrote:

It helps that it's their only artillery.

0Send private message
20 days ago
May 27, 2024, 11:25:34 AM

Vrooktar#4671 wrote:

Just like every Dwarf player CA simply forgot that the Bolt Thrower even exists.

The issue with forgotten units is getting worse.

0Send private message
20 days ago
May 27, 2024, 3:06:52 PM

GreenColoured#3418 wrote:

It helps that it's their only artillery.

That doesn't affect their actual performance. It just reduces options but they'll still be very good artilleries regardless of choices available.

0Send private message
17 days ago
May 30, 2024, 5:36:42 AM

As @Spellbound said on YT: 

Furies are definitely a bit overtuned, biggest thing is the fact they have notably more health than crowmen which is entirely unnecessary. Main reason I'd be in favor of nerfing them even if the factions which they're on tend to be weak is because CA needs to actually balance those factions rather than simply slapping an overtuned unit into the roster as a bandaid. Seekers, Heartseekers, Hellstriders, Bloodcrushers, Bloodthrones, Hellflayers, Gorebeasts, Keepers of Secrets, Bloodthirsters etc. are key units for Khorne and Slaanesh that just aren't viable and haven't been for more than a year now. If CA wants the factions to be good in a healthy way they need to buff the dead weight to allow for a wider variety of playstyles.

0Send private message
16 days ago
May 31, 2024, 5:52:11 PM

Passthechips#4366 wrote:

Not just Tomb Kings constructs, a lot of SEM without any area debuffs/effects are pretty crap.

0Send private message
15 days ago
Jun 1, 2024, 4:13:01 AM

Everyone seems to love to bash the Bolt Thrower. How else is a race with zero cavalry, zero monstrous infantry units, and zero SEM's supposed to get a seige attacker unit at tier-two? 

0Send private message
15 days ago
Jun 1, 2024, 10:05:39 AM

Funzo#7954 wrote:

Everyone seems to love to bash the Bolt Thrower. How else is a race with zero cavalry, zero monstrous infantry units, and zero SEM's supposed to get a seige attacker unit at tier-two? 

So the purpose of the Bolt Throwers is to offer a trait every single Dwarf LL has anyway?
Let's say I remain unconvinced.

0Send private message
15 days ago
Jun 1, 2024, 10:08:06 AM

I would argue that Lords of Change are only considered the best Greater Daemon because they are the most cost-efficient.

0Send private message
15 days ago
Jun 1, 2024, 11:13:07 AM

Vrooktar#4671 wrote:

Funzo#7954 wrote:

So the purpose of the Bolt Throwers is to offer a trait every single Dwarf LL has anyway?

How many legendary lords do we typically have at a point where we are building our first few tier-two buildings? Why do you think that the mortar has been moved down from tier-three for the Empire? Why do Vampire Counts get monstrous infantry at tier-two, when most other races don't get them until tier-three? 

Updated 15 days ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message
15 days ago
Jun 1, 2024, 3:28:39 PM

Funzo#7954 wrote:

Vrooktar#4671 wrote:

Funzo#7954 wrote:

How many legendary lords do we typically have at a point where we are building our first few tier-two buildings? Why do you think that the mortar has been moved down from tier-three for the Empire? Why do Vampire Counts get monstrous infantry at tier-two, when most other races don't get them until tier-three? 

Those are just examples of CA pushing EVERYTHING into lower and lower tiers.
Which is why they also pushed Iron Drakes into Tier 2. Not to help in sieges.

The "I don't have enough LLs to provide siege attacker for my tier 2 armies" argument sounds like it makes sense.
Until you think it through.
First off, how many armies can you really field as the Dwarves in the super early game?
We are basically talking about turns 5-15. You are telling me, you are running around with 3 Dwarf armies at turn 12?
But the argument is actually even more funny than that. Because Dwarves literally have Tier 0 siege attacker units. Miners.
They also have much better siege attacker artillery on the same tier as Bolt Throwers. Grudge Throwers.
But thats STILL not it. Because the Dwarves even have a generic lord option with siege attacker. Demon Slayers!

So to sum it up, your Advocatus Diaboli consists of literally defending the position that Bolt Throwers are good, because they are the fourth best solution to a problem from the super early game, that doesn't even exist.
No further questions your honor xD

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment