Nuln Ironsides

Copied to clipboard!
21 days ago
Apr 19, 2024, 3:06:34 PM

This unit is very dissapointing. Obviously they had repeater handguns because even in your Elspeth trailer they have the repeater fire animation (hope you will fix this). Furthermore their malee stats are terrible as well as their armor. They will be destroyed almost as fast as the ordinary handguns by the same enemey units (Cav., artillery, bows etc.), because 60 armor is nothing in this game. Their only advantages is their higher damage and - hopefully - their reload time. It would have been much better if they would carry repeater handguns for a fast and devastating damage output but a longer reload time. So you could place them in front of your army and they could fire and deal a lot of damage before moving behind your army to reload. They feel a little bit boring to me.

Updated 21 days ago.
0Send private message
21 days ago
Apr 19, 2024, 3:12:54 PM

People are really overreacting about the repeater Handguns. CA just implemented them how they worked on the TT. I'm personally happy that they have normal high quality handguns. Repeater Handguns are fine for Outriders. Ironsides are the unit I'm mostly exited about in this DLC.

Updated 21 days ago.
0Send private message
21 days ago
Apr 19, 2024, 3:15:03 PM
Captain_Rex#1635 wrote:

People are really overreacting about the repeater Handguns. CA just implemented them how they worked on the TT. I'm personally happy that they have normal high quality handguns. Repeater Handguns are fine for Outriders. Ironsides are the unit I'm mostly exited about in this DLC.

At least they could have a little bit more range than ordinary handguns. 

0Send private message
21 days ago
Apr 19, 2024, 3:22:33 PM
KIT#5531 wrote:
Captain_Rex#1635 wrote:

What? Ironsiders outclass Handguns in every way by far, why do the need more range?

0Send private message
21 days ago
Apr 19, 2024, 3:31:10 PM

Their better shooting stats are somewhat negated by having much less models per unit. Armor will help them resist enemy archers a bit more, the melee stats are mostly an afterthought and might help against Clanrats. Definitely feels like a sidegrade with a very similar role. Having them equipped with repeaters would have offered a wholly new type of unit instead but since GW doesn't sell those models I suppose they blocked it like usual. Thank god for mods.

0Send private message
21 days ago
Apr 19, 2024, 4:04:12 PM
KIT#5531 wrote:
Captain_Rex#1635 wrote:

More range is what Longriffles are there for. Ironsides are already a full upgrade to regular handgunners. 

0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
21 days ago
Apr 19, 2024, 4:31:36 PM

I think people discount the roe lronsides have: they are suppose to boost nearby follow range units.

While I think a reapter handgun unit would have been cooler (mind you that they fix Outriders), it is not as if the unit has no place.

0Send private message
21 days ago
Apr 19, 2024, 4:46:08 PM
KIT#5531 wrote:

This unit is very dissapointing. Obviously they had repeater handguns because even in your Elspeth trailer they have the repeater fire animation (hope you will fix this). Furthermore their malee stats are terrible as well as their armor. They will be destroyed almost as fast as the ordinary handguns by the same enemey units (Cav., artillery, bows etc.), because 60 armor is nothing in this game. Their only advantages is their higher damage and - hopefully - their reload time. It would have been much better if they would carry repeater handguns for a fast and devastating damage output but a longer reload time. So you could place them in front of your army and they could fire and deal a lot of damage before moving behind your army to reload. They feel a little bit boring to me.

I think Ironsides are going to be fantastic.

They will have better staying power and melt things more effectively than standard handgunners. They are not melee troops so melee stats are irrelevant to their role. Arty will wipe out anything anyway but If you are letting enemy cav get to them uncontested then maybe look at the units you are bringing to the battlefield.

Updated 21 days ago.
0Send private message
21 days ago
Apr 19, 2024, 4:51:15 PM
Captain_Rex#1635 wrote:
People are really overreacting about the repeater Handguns. CA just implemented them how they worked on the TT.

Because repeaters are cooler than TT.

KIT#5531 wrote:

Then what would the point of Long Rifles be?

Updated 21 days ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message
21 days ago
Apr 19, 2024, 5:24:11 PM
DarthEnderX-#6513 wrote:
Captain_Rex#1635 wrote:
People are really overreacting about the repeater Handguns. CA just implemented them how they worked on the TT.

Because repeaters are cooler than TT.

KIT#5531 wrote:

Then what would the point of Long Rifles be?

And we still get them with Outriders which are a unit that also fit Elspeths theme. 

0Send private message
21 days ago
Apr 20, 2024, 4:47:31 AM

I'm happy with a unit not being better at anything than a lower tier. So each unit can have a use, with some strength and weakness.

If they have just better range, better MA and MD, better armour, better damage, etc. then you get doomstack and useless lower tier units

0Send private message
20 days ago
Apr 20, 2024, 1:36:30 PM
Djau#5149 wrote:

60 armour is bad? since when?

I was expecting it to be closer to Greatswords. Considering the TT rules and the lore accurate artwork. 

0Send private message
19 days ago
Apr 21, 2024, 2:59:44 PM
Captain_Rex#1635 wrote:

Completely agree. My only point of curiosity surrounds the unit size. I wonder whether 60 units compared to Handgunners 90 was based around them having Repeaters. In the absence of the Repeaters I wonder whether their unit count should be buffed slightly?

0Send private message
19 days ago
Apr 21, 2024, 3:02:13 PM
Mr-Vorn#1203 wrote:
Captain_Rex#1635 wrote:

Completely agree. My only point of curiosity surrounds the unit size. I wonder whether 60 units compared to Handgunners 90 was based around them having Repeaters. In the absence of the Repeaters I wonder whether their unit count should be buffed slightly?

So they do not even deal more damage than handgunners. Very dissapointing. 

0Send private message
19 days ago
Apr 21, 2024, 5:08:05 PM
KIT#5531 wrote:
Mr-Vorn#1203 wrote:
Captain_Rex#1635 wrote:

So they do not even deal more damage than handgunners. Very dissapointing. 

They do stat wise, but they have less unit count so it balances out. They have an ability that -should- buff their firing rate etc, but it's too early to say whether they're going to be a full-on upgrade, or more of a sidegrade.

0Send private message
0Send private message
15 days ago
Apr 25, 2024, 3:39:27 PM
KIT#5531 wrote:

The MP guys already recognize how bad Nuln ironsides are!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2Eqb6cnQNs

To make them better just increase the size of the unit from 60 to 80. It is so easy. So they still have less models than handgunners but they will perform significantly better.

I agree with you on the unit size. The impression I got from Turin's assessment though is not that Nuln Ironsides are -bad- as such, but that they are bad for multiplayer. Turin made the observation that in a domination battle you need mobile units, and the Ironsides need to be stationary to benefit from their buff passive, so in that sense they're no good for MP people.

I don't think it means they'll be bad overall, but I concur that an increase in unit size will help them find a proper niche.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment