I Like The Frost Wyrm

Copied to clipboard!
8 months ago
Feb 16, 2024, 6:55:53 PM
This

Hello everyone, I just wanted to say I Luke tbe frost wyrm. I personally think it's getting more shade than it deserves. CA could gave taken the easy route if they wanted to give Kislev a dragon. Basically a recolored dragon that already half a dozen races already have as a mount. Instead they made something unique.

This is so much more unique than what we have gotten in the past. It might share a skeleton or animations with the ancient Salamander, but a lot of love went into this. Best of all, it doesn't fly! Not everything needs to be a big scary flying SEM/mount and I really appreciate what CA made here. Easy buy for me again.

Updated 8 months ago.
0Send private message
8 months ago
Feb 16, 2024, 7:07:51 PM

I don't, like at all.

A Grand Cathay style dragon is so missplaced in the Kislev roster it's not even funny

0Send private message
8 months ago
Feb 16, 2024, 7:11:35 PM
Reeks#2417 wrote:

I don't, like at all.

A Grand Cathay style dragon is so missplaced in the Kislev roster it's not even funny

Isn’t it the Ancient Salamander model? 

0Send private message
8 months ago
Feb 16, 2024, 7:12:40 PM
Reeks#2417 wrote:

I don't, like at all.

I don't know why people keep saying this. It's clearly way shorter and chunkier than a cathay dragon.

0Send private message
8 months ago
Feb 16, 2024, 7:25:02 PM

It has a reasonable look of the Norsca version but without the wings.

I’m fine with it, if it’s a natural creature of Kislev then it’s close enough to Ostankya’s theme.

0Send private message
0Send private message
8 months ago
Feb 16, 2024, 7:44:36 PM

I don't dislike it but it but it certainly wasn't on my bingo card.

0Send private message
8 months ago
Feb 16, 2024, 7:55:23 PM

I think its a nice addition with nice future implications. Renaming the Norscan one to a Chaos Frost Dragon opens up the possibility for Kislev to recieve an uncorrupted Frost/Ice Dragon. Which do exist in the lore, especially in the Mountains of Mourn.

0Send private message
8 months ago
Feb 16, 2024, 8:09:51 PM

I do like it. It is a nice addition that fits the theme. The take GW and CA are taking on new Kislev is great. I am all for exanding the lore and going new ways instead of the conservative everything-has-to-be-as-20-years-ago approach.

0Send private message
8 months ago
Feb 16, 2024, 8:13:02 PM
ElStaufo#4038 wrote:

I do like it. It is a nice addition that fits the theme. The take GW and CA are taking on new Kislev is great. I am all for exanding the lore and going new ways instead of the conservative everything-has-to-be-as-20-years-ago approach.

Sure, rewrting Kislev to be utterly bland internally is absolutely the right way to go. Lets throw away a plethora of perfectly viable lore in favour of writing up new stuff that in many cases don't make any sense at all.

0Send private message
8 months ago
Feb 16, 2024, 8:20:13 PM
TheWattman#7460 wrote:

I think its a nice addition with nice future implications. Renaming the Norscan one to a Chaos Frost Dragon opens up the possibility for Kislev to recieve an uncorrupted Frost/Ice Dragon. Which do exist in the lore, especially in the Mountains of Mourn.

Dragons exist all over.

We mostly hear about them terrorising the lands of men, who in turn do their best to slay them.

0Send private message
0Send private message
8 months ago
Feb 16, 2024, 8:31:44 PM
TheWattman#7460 wrote:
ElStaufo#4038 wrote:

Sure, rewrting Kislev to be utterly bland internally is absolutely the right way to go. Lets throw away a plethora of perfectly viable lore in favour of writing up new stuff that in many cases don't make any sense at all.

Some like the museum version others like to look ahead. Both is fine, neither is objectivley right or wrong. 

Sorry, to hear, it did not go how you liked it.

0Send private message
8 months ago
Feb 16, 2024, 8:31:59 PM
Passthechips#4366 wrote:
Reeks#2417 wrote:

I don't, like at all.

Personal comment removed.

Look closely  at a meow meow in dragon form and then of this new kislev abomination

Updated 8 months ago.
0Send private message
8 months ago
Feb 16, 2024, 8:32:58 PM

frost wyrm makes no sense, and looks awful. Kislev needed frostfiends as mounts and beasts, or giant owls 

0Send private message
8 months ago
Feb 16, 2024, 8:35:18 PM
Sabor444#1932 wrote:
Reeks#2417 wrote:

I don't, like at all.

I don't know why people keep saying this. It's clearly way shorter and chunkier than a cathay dragon.

Still looks like a chinese dragon

It's grossly out of place

CA went for a cheep option with this pseudo cathay abomination instead of creating something original to save cash, it's pretty obvious.

0Send private message
8 months ago
Feb 16, 2024, 8:35:56 PM
Reeks#2417 wrote:

Look closely  at a meow meow in dragon form and then of this new kislev abomination

I see the likeliness but Cathay dragons don’t have ground animations, and it’s standing like the Salamander. Maybe a combination of the two?

Updated 8 months ago.
0Send private message
8 months ago
Feb 16, 2024, 8:57:54 PM
Reeks#2417 wrote:
Passthechips#4366 wrote:
Reeks#2417 wrote:

I don't, like at all.

How are these 2 the same?

The Frost Wyrm is using the body and rig of the Ancient Salamander, it even has a dorsal fin.

Updated 8 months ago.
0Send private message
8 months ago
Feb 16, 2024, 9:06:34 PM
Reeks#2417 wrote:

Still looks like a chinese dragon

I mean, Slavic depictions of dragons do sometimes share similarities with Chinese ones.

0Send private message
8 months ago
Feb 16, 2024, 9:06:52 PM

In the lands of ice and snow, I think having a dragon made of ice is really cool. At least it is a native Kislev creature, and from the look of it, not too overpowered being a mid tier unit. It also shows us the uncorrupted version of the Norscan ones. And for those saying it looks Chinese, take a look at the Welsh dragon used on the flag, this reminds me of that but without wings. 

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment