Will CA deliver?

Yes they will give us the full shebang, Tarmurkhan, Toad dragon, Thunderbarge, malakai, Brucner
They will give us something out of left field, aka no tarmurkhan vs nuln, no malakai or thunderbarge
I don't care, i just want new content
Vote nowView results
Copied to clipboard!
3 months ago
Feb 18, 2024, 10:12:05 AM

Will CA give us the inonic characters and units we expect in the upcoming Nurgle/Empire/Dawi DLC?

0Send private message
3 months ago
Feb 18, 2024, 10:14:13 AM
Reeks#2417 wrote:

Will CA give us the inonic characters and units we expect in the upcoming Nurgle/Empire/Dawi DLC?

This makes some big assumptions on whom people expect. The empire one is still fairly debated as any thread there has decayed into a lot of bickering there.

0Send private message
0Send private message
3 months ago
Feb 18, 2024, 10:17:16 AM

I believe that ca not screw up on that, and deliver the one and true maggot king

0Send private message
3 months ago
Feb 18, 2024, 10:24:41 AM

I think people are deluding themselves if they think Bruckner, Jubal or even Boris Todbringer are better candidates for the LL-position than Elspeth von Draken. She is flashy, has an amazing miniature, she is unique, a magician, and has a monstrous mount. She is THE adversary of Tamurkhan. The rest are either commanders/hero-options or prime FLC-materiel in case of Boris.

So, yes, the full 'shebang', but maybe a different selection of characters:

- Empire: Elspeth von Draken as LL, Celestial Hurricanum, maybe the Landship, and other regiments from Nuln as well as the Engineer hero with the mechanical steed. The LH could either be Schwartzhelm, or a character from the Tamurkhan book.

- Nurgle: Basically the remaining stuff from Tamurkhan: Throne of Chaos: Tamurkhan as LL, maybe Kayzk as LH, Plague Ogres, Bile Trolls, Toad Dragons, Rot Knights and the Giant Spined Beast of Nurgle (which already had artwork).

- Dwarfs: Slayer characters (Lords and Heroes), different constructs as units, Grimm Burloksson as LL, maybe Malakai as LH. The unit-side of things for the Dwarfs is the biggest unknown.

Updated 3 months ago.
0Send private message
3 months ago
Feb 18, 2024, 10:30:58 AM
JungleElf#8229 wrote:

I think people are deluding themselves if they think Bruckner, Jubal or even Boris Todbringer are better candidates for the LL-position than Elspeth von Draken. She is flashy, has an amazing miniature, she is unique, a magician, and has a monstrous mount. She is THE adversary of Tamurkhan. The rest are either commanders/hero-options or prime FLC-materiel in case of Boris.

See, case and point to my original statement above! Whom the empire should get is up to quite a bit of contention that people get real into.

Also, really, not one character listed above is iconic. Not a single one. People really need to understand what iconic means. This is whom you think about when that faction comes up to the layman. Not the fans, but when people come in what is the things they know with only surface level of knowledge at most.

Karl Franz is iconic, the warhammer he wields is iconic as it's the literal name sake. Chaos warriors aesthetic is. I would say Khorne is but not the other three because literally everyone knows Khorne and Blood for the Blood God. That statement is iconic, non warhammer fans know where it's from.

0Send private message
3 months ago
Feb 18, 2024, 10:32:28 AM
JungleElf#8229 wrote:

She is THE adversary of Tamurkhan.

Nah. I can understand why CA might add her (monstrous mounts fetish/diversity hire), but that part just isn't true. 

0Send private message
3 months ago
Feb 18, 2024, 10:34:43 AM
SerPus#7395 wrote:
JungleElf#8229 wrote:

Nah. I can understand why CA might add her (monstrous mounts fetish/diversity hire), but that part just isn't true. 

That's a seriously bad take overall.

0Send private message
3 months ago
Feb 18, 2024, 10:34:45 AM
SerPus#7395 wrote:
JungleElf#8229 wrote:

Her whole plan meant Tamurkhan's downfall. And jesses, that's not at all her appeal.

Anyway, the case for either Bruckner or Jubal Falk was a stupid one to begin with; both are clearly not LL-material and take a backseat in the book or are glorified fodder.

Updated 3 months ago.
0Send private message
3 months ago
Feb 18, 2024, 10:46:17 AM

There will likely be some surprises in the DLC as CA has repeatedly gone outside the box when creating DLC content. The question is if those surprises will have a negative or positive impact on how the DLC is recieved. 

Just as an example, imagine if the Dwarf side of the DLC is mostly built around the unpublished material that Forge World created for the battle of Black Fire Pass? So no Malakai, Goblin hewer or the other slayer themed content. How will people react, the quality of the new content is good but it is not what they were expecting and hoping for. 

0Send private message
3 months ago
Feb 18, 2024, 10:50:41 AM
JungleElf#8229 wrote:

Her whole plan meant Tamurkhan's downfall.

She boobytraped the character who could be considered the protagonist, if the story was told from the Empire perspective. 

JungleElf#8229 wrote:

Anyway, the case for either Bruckner or Jubal Falk was a stupid one to begin with; both are clearly not LL-material and take a backseat in the book or are glorified fodder.

Yeah, I don't expect it to be Bruckner. I don't even expect him to be an LH, because there plenty of missing Empire characters who are more important. 

As for Falk, his appeal is not in the role that he played in the book, but in the lack of established named engineers. It would be nice for the Empire to get an engineering faction, considering that it's a big part of their lore and identity. 

0Send private message
3 months ago
Feb 18, 2024, 10:51:05 AM

Maybe. Just because a few people want something doesn't necessarily mean it will be in the next DLC. 

It's quite possible that CA will focus more on adding main missing characters from the 8th army books for Empire and Dwarfs in next DLC rather than some random Herman Ghost level characters from a secondary source.

0Send private message
3 months ago
Feb 18, 2024, 10:54:06 AM
Kn_Gars#2718 wrote:

There will likely be some surprises in the DLC as CA has repeatedly gone outside the box when creating DLC content. The question is if those surprises will have a negative or positive impact on how the DLC is recieved. 

Just as an example, imagine if the Dwarf side of the DLC is mostly built around the unpublished material that Forge World created for the battle of Black Fire Pass? So no Malakai, Goblin hewer or the other slayer themed content. How will people react, the quality of the new content is good but it is not what they were expecting and hoping for. 

I will not lie, i would be disappointed majorly if CA failed to include Malakai and Thunderbarge in the Dawi department of the next DLC, honestly CA should strive to give the fans what they want instead of trying to come off as clever and interesting by throwing in some obscure content that nobody asked for.

The popular characters and units are the bread and butter of the franchise and what every fan expect and want ro see implemented.

Updated 3 months ago.
0Send private message
3 months ago
Feb 18, 2024, 11:10:44 AM
SerPus#7395 wrote:
JungleElf#8229 wrote:

Her whole plan meant Tamurkhan's downfall.

She boobytraped the character who could be considered the protagonist, if the story was told from the Empire perspective. 

JungleElf#8229 wrote:

Yeah, I don't expect it to be Bruckner. I don't even expect him to be an LH, because there plenty of missing Empire characters who are more important. 

As for Falk, his appeal is not in the role that he played in the book, but in the lack of established named engineers. It would be nice for the Empire to get an engineering faction, considering that it's a big part of their lore and identity. 

The Engineer-theme has basically been tackled by Gelt, and makes sense, lore-wise. His affinity with the Engineering Schools isn't a CA-invention. Falk is basically a nobody and was only a regimental commander.

Also, I think Elspeth has a much bigger selling-factor (sorceress of death riding a dragon). She ticks-off all the other boxes for most Wh3 Legendary Lords, too: Has a miniature, could lead armies on the TT, 8th edition (supplement), etc. As Wh3 is somewhat more conservative when it comes to LL's than Wh2, which had far more heroes promoted to LL-status.

Updated 3 months ago.
0Send private message
3 months ago
Feb 18, 2024, 11:19:12 AM
JungleElf#8229wrote:

The Engineer-theme has basically been tackled by Gelt, and makes sense, lore-wise. His affinity with the Engineering Schools isn't a CA-invention. Falk is basically a nobody and was only a regimental commander.

Gelt's thing is being Supreme Patriarch. He's not the one who create all these wacky empire mechanism and weaponry. Him providing some simple stat buffs to gunpowder units is not the same thing as getting proper engineering faction. 

JungleElf#8229 wrote:

Also, I think Elspeth has a much bigger selling-factor (sorceress of death riding a dragon).

Yeah, that's probably the case. As I already mentioned, monstrous mount fetish is a real thing. 

0Send private message
3 months ago
Feb 18, 2024, 11:23:03 AM
JungleElf#8229 wrote:
SerPus#7395 wrote:
JungleElf#8229 wrote:

Her whole plan meant Tamurkhan's downfall. And jesses, that's not at all her appeal.

Just because Nurgle is getting Tamurkhan doesn't mean that Empire will get Elspeth as a legendary lord. It's quite possible that all three new legendary lords will have their own story and there won't be any rivalry between them. 

Jubal Falk as unique Master Engineer LL would add more to the game than Elspeth just a 2nd Wizard LL with the second most generic mount. This is like deciding whether Lizardmen should get a 2nd Slann LL or a unique Kroxigor LL. It wouldn't even surprise me if Elspeth ended up as a OP legendary hero like Ariel. 

0Send private message
0Send private message
3 months ago
Feb 18, 2024, 11:40:22 AM

Tamurkhan, Elspeth and Malakai (LH) seem to be a given. The Empire and Nurgle LHs are less certain. I personally want Bruckner and Kayzk but it’s also possible that CA gives us something random like Schwarzhelm and Valnir/Epidemius. 

0Send private message
3 months ago
Feb 18, 2024, 11:43:42 AM
Labria#2848 wrote:
JungleElf#8229 wrote:
SerPus#7395 wrote:
JungleElf#8229 wrote:

Just because Nurgle is getting Tamurkhan doesn't mean that Empire will get Elspeth as a legendary lord. It's quite possible that all three new legendary lords will have their own story and there won't be any rivalry between them. 

Jubal Falk as unique Master Engineer LL would add more to the game than Elspeth just a 2nd Wizard LL with the second most generic mount. This is like deciding whether Lizardmen should get a 2nd Slann LL or a unique Kroxigor LL. It wouldn't even surprise me if Elspeth ended up as a OP legendary hero like Ariel. 

'Jubal Falk as unique Master Engineer LL would add more to the game than Elspeth just a 2nd Wizard LL with the second most generic mount.'

How does a field commander (basically a TT unit-champion, incorporated into the regiment), with no General-rules (so, incapable of leading armies), with a very basic look (a Nuln Ironside with a eyepatch) and with only a small lore-blurb and a short mention in the book, add more than Elspeth; who has a non-generic mount (we have no Carmine Dragons yet), an unique look (female death-wizard), and a distinct Lore of Magic compared to Gelt with very different spells?

0Send private message
3 months ago
Feb 18, 2024, 11:51:04 AM
JungleElf#8229 wrote:
Labria#2848 wrote:
JungleElf#8229 wrote:
SerPus#7395 wrote:
JungleElf#8229 wrote:

'Jubal Falk as unique Master Engineer LL would add more to the game than Elspeth just a 2nd Wizard LL with the second most generic mount.'

How does a field commander (basically a TT unit-champion, incorporated into the regiment), with no General-rules (so, incapable of leading armies), with a very basic look (a Nuln Ironside with a eyepatch) and with only a small lore-blurb and a short mention in the book, add more than Elspeth; who has a non-generic mount (we have no Carmine Dragons yet), an unique look (female death-wizard), and a distinct Lore of Magic compared to Gelt with very different spells?

Don’t even bother. Labria hates Elspeth for some weird reason and tries everything to talk her down. I think we all know what’s his problem with HER.

If she is Gelt 2.0 (which is a dumb argument) then Alarielle is just Teclis 2.0, Tehenhauin is just Mazdamundi 2.0 and Malekith is just Morathi 2.0. 

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment