Shortly?!

Copied to clipboard!
4 months ago
Jan 31, 2024, 3:10:04 PM

I love CA for being CA, there is so much potential to do memes because they are so vague and arent early to the party at all. :) I don't mind waiting another week for news, but i'll take the chance to make my beloved yearly meme. Maybe i am a bit to late but here you go:

Last year statement CA:

"When we return in the new year, you’ll hear directly from Game Director Richard Aldridge and the WARHAMMER III team who will start to talk to you about what this expansion to Shadows of Change will look like."

New year statement CA:

"Shortly after we get the Hotfix out, you’ll start to hear directly from Game Director Richard Aldridge on what Patch 4.2 is bringing, and how we’ve approached each of Shadow of Change’s main factions in a series of blogs that covers this new content in much more detail."

This Thread is meant for fun and memes. :)

0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message
4 months ago
Jan 31, 2024, 3:32:05 PM

Well it's not February yet. While they definitely could communicate better (yet another thing that CA Sofia does better than Horsham btw) we should at least wait February before getting worked up.

0Send private message
0Send private message
4 months ago
Jan 31, 2024, 3:56:09 PM
Captain_Rex#1635 wrote:
SHORT?!

+1

0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
4 months ago
Jan 31, 2024, 4:23:57 PM

Yea, when they used the word "shortly" i was hoping it means "within 2-3 days afterwards MAX", but everyone who knows CAs Communication knows their timings are always in relation to the age of the Universe. 

Updated 4 months ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message
4 months ago
Jan 31, 2024, 10:53:53 PM

I love the fact that they want do better and first Thing they do is tell us directly after new year and then shortly after hotfix. When is shortly? Where is rich? Is he gone missing until now so they have no rich to tell us what they want to tell us.

I don’t know what they want to expect from them. They tell us when we have to expect something but with only vague time, so a lot expect the earliest date. 

I think we will get something in February, maybe. ;)

0Send private message
4 months ago
Jan 31, 2024, 11:03:23 PM
Player#89343 wrote:
I love the fact that they want do better and first Thing they do is tell us directly after new year and then shortly after hotfix. When is shortly?

Sometime between the hotfix release and the SoC fix release in February (unless that needs to be moved). If they don’t give a fixed date it’s because they don’t have a fixed date and want to maintain flexibility.

0Send private message
4 months ago
Jan 31, 2024, 11:05:19 PM

Not to be an apologist, but from their communications I can tell the segment of British society they come from.  It often leads to misunderstandings

“Shortly” means not too long - more than a few days, less than a few months. 

“Directly” means direct from the person, it’s not an indicator of time:

there are plenty of other things they say that need translation to “normal” English, and has caused grievances in the past.

They said their goal is to get 4.2 out by the end of February, and a series of blog posts before that.  I’d expect 4.2 to release the last week of February, with blog posts 2-3 weeks before that.  Next week is most likely, possibly the week after, but this week, not so much.

Besides, they just did the pharaoh update and that needs all the help it can get, so I’m not surprised they’re waiting a week before turning everyone’s attention to warhammer

0Send private message
4 months ago
Jan 31, 2024, 11:17:18 PM
Passthechips#4366 wrote:
Player#89343 wrote:
I love the fact that they want do better and first Thing they do is tell us directly after new year and then shortly after hotfix. When is shortly?

Sometime between the hotfix release and the SoC fix release in February (unless that needs to be moved). If they don’t give a fixed date it’s because they don’t have a fixed date and want to maintain flexibility.

Or maybe they do have a date but they will refuse to share it because they will never interact with the community in any way unless it's about posting a blog or a video. You should check the Pharaoh channel of their official Discord, the difference between Horsham and Sofia in terms of communication is quite shocking.

0Send private message
4 months ago
Jan 31, 2024, 11:17:58 PM
dingbat#5498 wrote:

“Shortly” means not too long - more than a few days, less than a few months. 

“Directly” means direct from the person, it’s not an indicator of time:

there are plenty of other things they say that need translation to “normal” English, and has caused grievances in the past.

This isn’t a translation problem, I read it the same way as you laid out in my American English. 

The first one is just due to people being impatient and creating their own interpretation of the word “shortly”. As if decades of video game industry communications using similar words like “soon” hasn’t been enough to inform  someone of the intentional vagueness of the term.

The second one is just a flat out reading comprehension mistake.

0Send private message
4 months ago
Jan 31, 2024, 11:26:50 PM
Neodeinos#5871 wrote:
Or maybe they do have a date but they will refuse to share it because they will never interact with the community in any way unless it's about posting a blog or a video. You should check the Pharaoh channel of their official Discord, the difference between Horsham and Sofia in terms of communication is quite shocking.

The initial blog post was loose as to whether the SoC would actually arrive in February. My guess is the date is more subject to change than we think.

I do agree the CA Sofia team interacts with the community more, but it is wrong to say there is no communication with WH3. A simple trip to the Bug Report subsection of the forum shows otherwise. We also do get the occasional dev popping by here. 

It’s also worth bearing in mind that the Pharaoh community is smaller and astoundingly less toxic than the current relationship with the WH3 community. I hope they can normalize things with the SoC fix and ToD (but I have my doubts).

0Send private message
4 months ago
Feb 1, 2024, 12:08:26 AM
Passthechips#4366 wrote:
Neodeinos#5871 wrote:

The initial blog post was loose as to whether the SoC would actually arrive in February. My guess is the date is more subject to change than we think.

I do agree the CA Sofia team interacts with the community more, but it is wrong to say there is no communication with WH3. A simple trip to the Bug Report subsection of the forum shows otherwise. We also do get the occasional dev popping by here. 

It’s also worth bearing in mind that the Pharaoh community is smaller and astoundingly less toxic than the current relationship with the WH3 community. I hope they can normalize things with the SoC fix and ToD (but I have my doubts).

There is communication but it only happens when there is news to be posted in the news channel and nothing more as I said. You will almost never see any of the current CMs interact with the community on any of their social networks. 

And a lot of the toxicity from the community could easily be avoided with actual engagement with the community, CA being completely silent unless they want to sell you something is only making things worse. Simone was the best CM CA has had by far and he was always interacting with people and at that time the community was much less negative and "toxic". Maybe they should also try to not fuck something up so much, it's like there's at least one controversy with every DLC since Warhammer 3.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment