total war NAPOLEON
total war NEW Game?
total war WARHAMMER
Vote nowView results
Copied to clipboard!
0Send private message
7 months ago
Oct 7, 2023, 2:59:02 PM

well I think that 2023 will be all about Warhammer and Pharaoh, as will the first part of 2024.

probably in the second half of 2024 we could have news...

if it hasn't been cancelled, this could be 3kingdoms part 2

or

a random saga game

or, if there will be a new graphics engine as some rumors say, then we will have the much desired medieval 3. but I don't think in 2024, I think it will take a few more years.

0Send private message
7 months ago
Oct 7, 2023, 3:14:30 PM

WH3 only just released so wouldn't be another of them, is the end of the announced trilogy as well. 

Empire/Napoleon I don't think Napoleon has enough draw to be it's own standalone at this point and a second Empire at this point would need to rebuild and rework so much from the current designs to even come close to what the original did achieve and still hasn't fixed a number of issues it had. So that's a skip, despite Empire being my favourite title so far. 

So a choice between Medieval and a new game...I think M3 could work great in the current builds we've got, think some parts of Pharaoh would fit but that might be too late to have gotten rolled in to the development of it...So new game won. 

Would love a Pike & Shot period game, different enough from the recent/current releases while also working rather well with the existing game designs. Can also see it not drawing focus from the wrapping up of WH3.

0Send private message
7 months ago
Oct 12, 2023, 12:24:13 PM

I'd love to see a rework of Napoleon with better campaign map, better mod support.

But I hope if they do it they keep the battle pace and the voice lines, loved that.

0Send private message
0Send private message
7 months ago
Oct 12, 2023, 2:36:41 PM

I believe Balint mentioned something about CA making an RPG? Apparently he was really excited about it, vs Hyenas which he thought was a disaster in the making.

0Send private message
7 months ago
Oct 12, 2023, 2:42:23 PM

No idea when it’s being released. According to Valrak they got the licence 2 years ago and have been working on it for a year.

No idea though, need more info before I guess a date, I just don’t think it’s coming out this year or next.

Updated 7 months ago.
0Send private message
7 months ago
Oct 12, 2023, 3:57:22 PM
Captain_Rex#1635 wrote:

GboG said something about an action RPG ala Vikings: Battle of Asgard.... which would be almost as stupid as Hyenas... 

I mean I liked that game back in 2012 but these type of games are outaded these days. 

Just realised thta Vikings BoA was published by SEGA... so yeah thats probably it. 

I mean Hyenas was bad for a host of different reasons that compounded on each other. Balint seemed reasonably excited about the new game, so I can’t imagine it will be bad when he was down on Hyenas.

There’s nothing wrong with CA branching out if they’re making good games while doing it.

0Send private message
7 months ago
Oct 12, 2023, 7:39:28 PM
Captain_Rex#1635 wrote:
davedave1124#4773 wrote:

No idea when it’s being released. According to Valrak they got the licence 2 years ago and have been working on it for a year.

No idea though, need more info before I guess a date, I just don’t think it’s coming out this year or next.

Yap so CA being CA 2027 seems realistic. Probably rather 2028... 

if they’ve been working on it for a year post development then it could be 2 years. Depends how long other games take and then you have to consider how complex this game will be. I’m not expecting a date for a while but I’ve heard no rumours about a possible release year.

0Send private message
0Send private message
7 months ago
Oct 13, 2023, 2:58:54 PM
Passthechips#4366 wrote:

There’s nothing wrong with CA branching out if they’re making good games while doing it.

Yeah I still loved playing Alien: Isolation this year, that games aged really well to me. Hopefully they will recover from the recent set back.

0Send private message
0Send private message
7 months ago
Oct 30, 2023, 4:35:47 PM

Please create a Victoria total war. All factions include emerging nations from the Zulu to Mahdi in the Sudan. Massive maps. Access to a hundred years of technology and military upgrading. Large and various armies that include all military regiments. Thanks

0Send private message
7 months ago
Oct 30, 2023, 9:51:44 PM
DrunkRambo#5908 wrote:

Please create a Victoria total war. All factions include emerging nations from the Zulu to Mahdi in the Sudan. Massive maps. Access to a hundred years of technology and military upgrading. Large and various armies that include all military regiments. Thanks

Really seems outside of the realm of possibility at the current state. Plus going to run issues making those factions playable especially.

0Send private message
6 months ago
Nov 8, 2023, 4:39:03 AM
Ragna305#9862 wrote:

Manor Lord releases in 5 months, I think a lot of people will try it. Warhammer being constantly broken and greedy. The Troy Saga DLC is a massive disappointment. 

I have been playing Total War Since Shougun 1 .

A Medieval 3 on a new Engine, with all its previous features would be awesome.  There is some potential for DLCs .

Yes, indeed, it would be a good time to work and polish Medieval 3 with a new graphics engine.

0Send private message
7 months ago
Oct 30, 2023, 10:11:23 PM
DrunkRambo#5908 wrote:

The game itself would be fine even on the current engine. I think it would be hard to balance the Euro factions with the local factions. Possible though if they do it similar to DLC in previous games.

0Send private message
6 months ago
Nov 8, 2023, 6:22:06 AM

I'm torn between Empire 2 and Medieval 3. 

I would lean toward Empire 2 with an American Civil War Expandalone (Saga in CA parlance) following a year or two after. 

It's a great era that sees rapid development in technology capable of redefining a campaign as time progresses. In Empire 1 researching tech for Fire By Rank, Canister Shot, and others was game changing. A faction with them could dominate other factions in a way that a simple stat upgrade could not. 

Now imagine researching repeating rifles and fighting an enemy faction with muzzle loading muskets. 

0Send private message
0Send private message
7 months ago
Nov 1, 2023, 10:59:54 PM

Manor Lord releases in 5 months, I think a lot of people will try it. Warhammer being constantly broken and greedy. The Troy Saga DLC is a massive disappointment. 

I have been playing Total War Since Shougun 1 .

A Medieval 3 on a new Engine, with all its previous features would be awesome.  There is some potential for DLCs .

Updated 7 months ago.
0Send private message
4 months ago
Jan 18, 2024, 12:50:40 AM

If there is a historical release in 2024, I reckoned it would have been announced by now. Looking at how things are going, with the cancellation of not only Hyenas but also other unnannounced projects by CA (statement made by SEGA). It is very likely, there will not be a single historical release for 2024 or even 2025. 

SEGA did mentioned CA will be focusing on what they were good at. Although some might misconstrue it as Total War in general but really, I feel like they meant TWW to be specific. Therefore, we can expect 2024 to be solely dedicated to TWW3. 

The historical title market segment is too fragemented. If they went with Medieval/Empire, it would only appeal to mostly Europeans & North Americans and vice versa. Fantasy based game such as TWW3 has better representation of the various cultures which makes it ideal from marketing point of view.

Updated 4 months ago.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment