Deeps buildings ideas (''Strategy'')

Copied to clipboard!
8 days ago
Oct 14, 2024, 10:20:53 PM

Deeps are awesome and provide the much needed variety in playstyle. 

I propose 3 additional buildings for more options and role-playing:

1. Underground warehouses - 10 000 gold cost

5 turns siege attrition immunity (so the player can delay siege attrition without sealing the hold - which is extreme)

+ 4000 siege supplies

+ 2% replenishment

can be upgraded to:

2. Fortified tunnels - 20 000 gold cost

10 turns siege attrition immunity

+ 8000 siege supplies

+ 4% replenishment

+ 5 melee defence

- 5 enemy leadership locally

____

And as another ''Strategy'' option for the Dwarfs:

Hidden tunnels network - 50 000 gold cost!

+ 10% ambush success chance in province

+ 10% movement in province

enemy armies in province will suffer attrition (due to constant ambushes and guerilla warfare)

0Send private message
8 days ago
Oct 14, 2024, 10:23:07 PM

Deeps would have been a good addition if Dwarfs had received an actual penalty for going wide. Instead you now can just go both wide and tall, so it was just another powerboost after Dwarfs already got a sizable one, making Dwarfs even more boring.

Really, Dwarfs should not be able to develop any settlements that aren't Dwarf Karaks.

0Send private message
8 days ago
Oct 14, 2024, 10:44:07 PM

TainBoCuailinge#8335 wrote:

Really, Dwarfs should not be able to develop any settlements that aren't Dwarf Karaks.

Or, at least, they should have gotten the Wood Elves treatment for non-Karaks. Possible to build settlements outside the Karaks, but they're pretty weak.

The problem with Dwarfs is that there's no real representation for why they are a dying race. That reason: they live underground AND living underground is a complete nightmare since the Time of Woes. Beneath the earth, Dwarfs are outnumbered a hundred to one by Skaven and Greenskins and they simply cannot be everywhere at once. 

To make the Deeps meaningful, I think you'd have to make it so that if you DON'T build all the Deeps buildings then you are constantly spawning armies of Greenskins or Skaven. It maybe even should be an effect of Mountain Climate: Chance to spawn a GS or Skaven army every other turn; and the only way to slow or stop them is to build Deeps. Spam summoning armies is hokey, but short of actually creating an undeground campaign map, I'm not sure what else CA could do to represent what the Dwarfs have to deal with.

0Send private message
2 days ago
Oct 20, 2024, 8:06:39 PM

Deeps would have been a good addition if Dwarfs had received an actual penalty for going wide. Instead you now can just go both wide and tall, so it was just another powerboost after Dwarfs already got a sizable one, making Dwarfs even more boring.

I somewhat agree. Dwarfs should be more about Karaks and way less about minor settlements.

Also I feel like they should have worse and worse replenishment as they take losses (especially for elite units), as they are a 'dying' race (also said in post above).

Anyway this thread is about those little ideas that would improve roleplaying mostly. Like warehouses would stop siege attrition for a time without sealing the hold.

0Send private message
2 days ago
Oct 20, 2024, 8:56:26 PM

Sagez#6761 wrote:

I somewhat agree. Dwarfs should be more about Karaks and way less about minor settlements.

Also I feel like they should have worse and worse replenishment as they take losses (especially for elite units), as they are a 'dying' race (also said in post above).

Anyway this thread is about those little ideas that would improve roleplaying mostly. Like warehouses would stop siege attrition for a time without sealing the hold.

My idea for deeps is that they ultimately make your settlements less safe because you "dug too deep" Kazad Dum style. Let's say the more you develop the deeps the higher the chance of uninvited guests showing up, ranging from Skaven and Greenskin raiding parties to whatever unspeakable horrors populate the deep underground of Warhammer (basically random monster packs). The counter-mechanic to this should be Ironbreaker patrols, but those should not come cheap. 

0Send private message
a day ago
Oct 21, 2024, 8:14:42 PM

Sagez#6761 wrote:

My idea for deeps is that they ultimately make your settlements less safe because you "dug too deep" Kazad Dum style. Let's say the more you develop the deeps the higher the chance of uninvited guests showing up, ranging from Skaven and Greenskin raiding parties to whatever unspeakable horrors populate the deep underground of Warhammer (basically random monster packs). The counter-mechanic to this should be Ironbreaker patrols, but those should not come cheap. 

I had similiar idea, maybe it could be done through another building? 

Basically miners dig deep, too deep and from time to time you can get really rare, exclusive items, but you're also ruining your public order and the stuff you're talking about happens, from raiding parties to the worst monsters imaginable.

Would be great to see!

0Send private message
a day ago
Oct 21, 2024, 9:49:08 PM

It could be an "Ironbreaker Barracks" which would not only lower the chance of hostile forces harassing the settlement from below but also enable Ironbreaker recruitment (so it should be moved away from the standard Dwarf Barracks, Ironbreakers are after all recruited mainly for this specific purpose). That building should have an upkeep cost multiplied by the level of depth your settlement is probing.

0Send private message
4 hours ago
Oct 22, 2024, 7:02:58 PM

Nice. But imo digging deep should also give some unique items from time to time. Or we can imagine it like... more hardcore caravans.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment