Suggestion: Make masochism mode for the tryhards (read: not me)

Copied to clipboard!
3 months ago
Jul 6, 2024, 1:26:21 AM

I've seen quite a few posts where "experienced" players complain that the campaigns are too easy. Well, CA, if you want to appease the tryhards/content creators/etc., here's a list of content they might go for:

No unit replenishment outside of owned territory.

Permadeath for all lords+heroes.

No autoresolve.

All factions are permanently set to aggressive.

Victory condition requires completing taking over every immortal empires settlement to your own faction's control.

Obviously no mods allowed for achievements.

Anyone else want to rant about how they think the game is too easy?

Updated 5 days ago.
0Send private message
3 months ago
Jul 6, 2024, 4:47:29 AM

Moving your reinforcements from one zone to another inflicts a massive time penalty every time that you do it. You can control the number of forces that YOU bring into battle but not the enemy's. 

0Send private message
3 months ago
Jul 6, 2024, 10:22:53 AM

This is a war strategy game, so it should retain its strategy and challenge. 

If you think the game needs to cater to the power fantasy crowd or people who don't use their brains, why not change the title to: 

Suggestion: Make an official God Mode for kindergarteners

0Send private message
3 months ago
Jul 6, 2024, 11:02:04 AM
Play on easy and be content with it. CA making all difficulties into easy mode just because the likes of you feel inadequate if they actually have to learn a game to beat it is a gross game design failure.
0Send private message
5 days ago
Sep 29, 2024, 9:04:22 PM
yanghaohit#5017 wrote:

This is a war strategy game, so it should retain its strategy and challenge. 

If you think the game needs to cater to the power fantasy crowd or people who don't use their brains, why not change the title to: 

Suggestion: Make an official God Mode for kindergarteners

It just isn't, it's a 4x scenario game, hence the basebuilding and only heroes and lords, and victory conditions that you can win in 2-16 hours. Hence the suggestion.

Everything about the game is massively simplified from an actual realism simulator, so I have absolutely no idea what coherent point you're failing to prove.

My bad for trying to encourage the devs to actually make a new gamemode that you, literally you, might actually play.

I don't know why you and someone else immediately jumped to "stop changing the game to make it easier", I was talking about making a new, much harder, difficulty. 

Reading comprehension apparently is very difficult, my apologies.

Updated 5 days ago.
0Send private message
5 days ago
Sep 29, 2024, 9:05:57 PM

TainBoCuailinge#8335 wrote:
Play on easy and be content with it. CA making all difficulties into easy mode just because the likes of you feel inadequate if they actually have to learn a game to beat it is a gross game design failure.

No, and no? I was talking about literally ADDING a new, harder, difficulty mode?

Stop projecting?

Updated 5 days ago.
0Send private message
5 days ago
Sep 29, 2024, 9:07:27 PM

Anonymous wrote:

Moving your reinforcements from one zone to another inflicts a massive time penalty every time that you do it. You can control the number of forces that YOU bring into battle but not the enemy's. 

What does this have to do with anything?

0Send private message
5 days ago
Sep 30, 2024, 3:42:33 AM

I know that this was a necro, but having individual tick boxes for a more modular experience would be fantastic.

0Send private message
5 days ago
Sep 30, 2024, 5:43:39 AM

zeroblizzard#4113 wrote:

TainBoCuailinge#8335 wrote:

No, and no? I was talking about literally ADDING a new, harder, difficulty mode?

Stop projecting?

No, you are insulting people as "tryhards" for not wanting a piss-easy game on all difficulties, so this thread was never more than a poor attempt at trolling.

0Send private message
Comment