Apparently the Nuln Ironsides have unique looking rifles in the files

Copied to clipboard!
a month ago
May 22, 2024, 8:00:30 PM

Saw a comment on Reddit mentioning it but no images of them, according to what I read in Reddit they are supposed to be based on the Long Rifles. 

Could someone that knows how to dig this stuff up take a look? That way we can make a bug report like with the Dragon Slayer and have it fixed in a future patch.

We won't get repeater handguns but at least they can get more unique looking rifles.

Updated a month ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message
a month ago
May 22, 2024, 8:24:50 PM
I took a look into it. Seems like there are multiple variants, and some with and without scopes. They are different from the baseline rifle which is a lot less fancy looking. 

new_file.pack 5_22_2024 4_18_31 PM.png
0Send private message
a month ago
May 22, 2024, 8:27:02 PM

Player#75817 wrote:

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/rJgqrE

Yep, that's all of the scoped variants in the game files. All the variants without scopes look the same, minus the scopes of course, but are just labelled differently as gun.

0Send private message
a month ago
May 22, 2024, 8:47:47 PM

SaintCorn#3148 wrote:
I took a look into it. Seems like there are multiple variants, and some with and without scopes. They are different from the baseline rifle which is a lot less fancy looking. new_file.pack 5_22_2024 4_18_31 PM.png

Woah, thanks and good find, they look like mastercrafted versions of the normal handguns, which is far better than the normal looking ones they currectly use. 

If it's not an issue could you please create a bug report with the files you found and post the report's link here so we can upvote it and get it fixed ASAP? 

Updated a month ago.
0Send private message
a month ago
May 22, 2024, 8:51:57 PM

mecanojavi99#6562 wrote:

SaintCorn#3148 wrote:
I took a look into it. Seems like there are multiple variants, and some with and without scopes. They are different from the baseline rifle which is a lot less fancy looking. new_file.pack 5_22_2024 4_18_31 PM.png

Woah, thanks and good find, they look like mastercrafted versions of the normal handguns, which is far better than the normal looking ones they currectly use. 

If it's not an issue could you please create a bug report with the files you found and post the report's link here so we can upvote it and get it fixed ASAP? 

Eh, sure. If I can figure out the bug report system. I gotta wait for something to render in the meantime anyway.

0Send private message
a month ago
May 22, 2024, 8:54:31 PM

SaintCorn#3148 wrote:

Player#75817 wrote:

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/rJgqrE

Yep, that's all of the scoped variants in the game files. All the variants without scopes look the same, minus the scopes of course, but are just labelled differently as gun.

I think the scopes fit the Long Rifles more, Ironsides are supposed to be hybrid infantry afterall.

0Send private message
a month ago
May 22, 2024, 8:56:54 PM

SaintCorn#3148 wrote:

mecanojavi99#6562 wrote:

SaintCorn#3148 wrote:

Eh, sure. If I can figure out the bug report system. I gotta wait for something to render in the meantime anyway.

Thanks in advance.

0Send private message
a month ago
May 22, 2024, 9:06:11 PM

mecanojavi99#6562 wrote:

SaintCorn#3148 wrote:

mecanojavi99#6562 wrote:

SaintCorn#3148 wrote:

Thanks in advance.

Scopes probably do, but they're still in the files for the Ironsides and a solid variation between the two could give them a good variety at least.

Regardless, bug link:

Nuln Ironsides Bug Link

0Send private message
a month ago
May 22, 2024, 9:09:37 PM

SaintCorn#3148 wrote:

mecanojavi99#6562 wrote:

SaintCorn#3148 wrote:

mecanojavi99#6562 wrote:

SaintCorn#3148 wrote:

Thanks in advance.

Scopes probably do, but they're still in the files for the Ironsides and a solid variation between the two could give them a good variety at least.

Regardless, bug link:

Nuln Ironsides Bug Link

Thank you very much, if you don't mind I'll go to Reddit and post the bug link there as well so more people upvotes it.

0Send private message
a month ago
May 22, 2024, 9:10:31 PM

mecanojavi99#6562 wrote:

SaintCorn#3148 wrote:

mecanojavi99#6562 wrote:

SaintCorn#3148 wrote:

mecanojavi99#6562 wrote:

SaintCorn#3148 wrote:

Thanks in advance.

Regardless, bug link:

Nuln Ironsides Bug Link

Thank you very much, if you don't mind I'll go to Reddit and post the bug link there as well so more people upvotes it.

No problem, and I don't mind at all. 

0Send private message
a month ago
May 22, 2024, 9:18:31 PM

SaintCorn#3148 wrote:

mecanojavi99#6562 wrote:

SaintCorn#3148 wrote:

mecanojavi99#6562 wrote:

SaintCorn#3148 wrote:

mecanojavi99#6562 wrote:

SaintCorn#3148 wrote:

Thanks in advance.

Regardless, bug link:

Nuln Ironsides Bug Link

Someone ended up being faster than me, so now we wait.

Updated a month ago.
0Send private message
a month ago
May 22, 2024, 10:48:11 PM

I actually don't think I prefer that.  Because those LOOK like Long Rifles.  Which is NOT what Ironsides have.

Ironsides are not snipers.  They are Handgunners in heavy armor.  So it makes sense they have regular Handguns.  And while I would have LIKED them to have Repeaters.  They unfortunately don't.

Updated a month ago.
0Send private message
a month ago
May 22, 2024, 10:59:34 PM

DarthEnderX-#6513 wrote:

I actually don't think I prefer that.  Because those LOOK like Long Rifles.  Which is NOT what Ironsides have.

Ironsides are not snipers.  They are Handgunners in heavy armor.  So it makes sense they have regular Handguns.  And while I would have LIKED them to have Repeaters.  They unfortunately don't.

There are versions without scopes as well which just look like fancy handguns. 

0Send private message
a month ago
May 22, 2024, 11:00:04 PM

mecanojavi99#6562 wrote:

SaintCorn#3148 wrote:

mecanojavi99#6562 wrote:

SaintCorn#3148 wrote:

mecanojavi99#6562 wrote:

SaintCorn#3148 wrote:

mecanojavi99#6562 wrote:

SaintCorn#3148 wrote:

Thanks in advance.

Regardless, bug link:

Nuln Ironsides Bug Link

Someone ended up being faster than me, so now we wait.

It's gotten over 10, so guess they're investigating it. 

0Send private message
a month ago
May 22, 2024, 11:04:50 PM

DarthEnderX-#6513 wrote:

The problem is with the Long Rifles, not the Ironsides, for some reason Long Rifles use scoped handguns, not actual Long Rifles, they don't even use the aiming stick.

Experimental_Weapons_art.pnghqdefault~2.jpg

Ideally, the Ironsides would use the unused guns from the files and Long Rifles would use actual long rifles.

Updated a month ago.
0Send private message
a month ago
May 22, 2024, 11:26:21 PM

mecanojavi99#6562 wrote:

The problem is with the Long Rifles, not the Ironsides, for some reason Long Rifles use scoped handguns, not actual Long Rifles, they don't even use the aiming stick.

Ideally, the Ironsides would use the unused guns from the files and Long Rifles would use actual long rifles.

+1

0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment