Will CA going to focus all their marketing in WH after Pharaoh or.......

Copied to clipboard!
24 days ago
Jul 11, 2024, 7:30:06 PM

.... will they going to the drop the announcement trailer for their next historical title?

0Send private message
24 days ago
Jul 12, 2024, 8:50:38 AM

Bold of you to assume that we will get a new historical game anytime soon. 

I hope and expect them to focus entirely on WH3 at least for the next 12 months. 

0Send private message
23 days ago
Jul 12, 2024, 3:31:59 PM

I don't care what they do with their marketing.  Only their dev resources.

0Send private message
23 days ago
Jul 12, 2024, 4:47:17 PM

We're supposed to have another dev update towards the end of the summer, wouldn't expect a marketing like Pharaoh though.

0Send private message
23 days ago
Jul 12, 2024, 6:56:23 PM
For now, yes? Their marketing department won't have anything else to market after Pharaoh ends development. That doesn't mean much though. It would change if they announce a new title, but don't know when that will happen or if it will be any time soon.

0Send private message
9 days ago
Jul 26, 2024, 11:22:03 PM
They'll manage to do both if they want to, the team behind Three Kingdoms been working on their new game since at least 2020, that's 5 years of development, if their project haven't been axed after the disaster that is (Hyenas), I think they are ready to at least "tease" their game, which is a major historical, only time will till. Even if they gonna reveal it I won't expect anything beyond an image/post on social media, meaning late Q3/Q4.
0Send private message
9 days ago
Jul 27, 2024, 1:04:50 AM

Battlemage#4318 wrote:
They'll manage to do both if they want to, the team behind Three Kingdoms been working on their new game since at least 2020, that's 5 years of development, if their project haven't been axed after the disaster that is (Hyenas), I think they are ready to at least "tease" their game, which is a major historical, only time will till. Even if they gonna reveal it I won't expect anything beyond an image/post on social media, meaning late Q3/Q4.

We don't know how much of the historical team went on to work on a new historical title. At least some remained with the 3K DLC team and then continued to the 3K2 team until that game was cancelled.  From the WH3 credits we know that some of the historical team were drafted in to try and fix the mesh that was Warhammer 3 development and then there were the other titles that CA insisted on developing as they spread themselves increasingly thin.  Personally I would be surprised if we see anything about a new Total War this year. After all CA had planned for Pharaoh to cover the historical side of things and based on Troy the DLC would have taken at least the rest of 2024 to deliver. 

0Send private message
3 days ago
Aug 1, 2024, 3:38:38 PM

I hope CA will not rush with the next historical title as short period of development meens low quality. I'll be happy if CA brings more devs to work on WH3 DLCs. But it doesn't mean they should drop working on another historical game by no means. MEDIEVAL 3 is coming)))

0Send private message
0Send private message
2 days ago
Aug 2, 2024, 11:33:12 PM

AxiosXiphos#9040 wrote:

After Pharoahs failure, CA will not be keen to do another historical for some time.

We should hope that is not the case, because the lesson CA should be learning from their mistakes is not "Let's never do this again" but rather "How can we do better next time?". Otherwise you set up some awful trends. TW:Pharaoh Dynasties is actually a very fun experience and I'm personally glad they decided to deliver on it rather than abandoning the title.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment