Family tree and marriages in WH3 - yes or no?

Yes
No
Other
Vote nowView results
Copied to clipboard!
24 days ago
Jul 11, 2024, 3:38:17 PM

Pharaoh is now heralding the return of royal marriages and family systems as of the Dynasties update. And it has me thinking that such a system might work wonders for WH3 as well. Because, while perhaps not covered extensively in the main lore, there are many families attested and covered through RPG sources. Consider for example, Karl Franz's own family:

ernaenrea.png

Karl Franz himself is married to a distant cousin of his, Maria-Luise von Walfen and has two bastard but legitimized children with her, Prince Liutpold and Princess Alia. Liutpold is heir to the city of Altdorf, but not Reikland thanks to him being a bastard. Reikland is instead set to be inherited by Wolfgang Holswig-Abenauer, his nephew by way of his sister, Princess Isabella. Wolfgang who, for a time, was to marry Katerina Todbringer, Graf Boris's oldest daughter.

raenaenra.png

Beyond this, Franz's family also includes his uncle, the Grey Wizard Immanuel-Ferrand, who sits in Franz's Council of State

dtnamt.pngThese are all covered by relatively recent 4th edition RPG books like Altdorf Crown of the Empire/Winds of Magic/Enemy Within Campaign.

In any case, a marriage and family system would work well for many races in the setting, although it would be mainly for humans, elves and MAYBE Dwarfs (if some Dwarf women were introduced). A major caveat though about introducing such a system is that LLs would maybe have to be made mortal and able to die of either old age or battle in order to make politics and succession planning worthwile. I don't know if that is an attractive option given how centered this game is around the LLs themselves.

What do you all think?

0Send private message
24 days ago
Jul 11, 2024, 3:45:58 PM

Makes no sense with LLs being immortal and the campaign having no years. 

That being said, factions like HE and DE should get a politics/intrigues mechanic to represent their inter political power dealings. 

0Send private message
24 days ago
Jul 11, 2024, 4:50:49 PM

Everyone's immortal in TWWH...

0Send private message
24 days ago
Jul 11, 2024, 4:57:56 PM

It's simply not a feature that belongs to TWWH. It's inherently great for historical TWs, for obvious reasons.

0Send private message
24 days ago
Jul 11, 2024, 6:49:49 PM

I play WH3 so I can see Franz beating Mazdamundi, not so I can manage his personal life.

0Send private message
0Send private message
24 days ago
Jul 12, 2024, 9:32:47 AM

I appreciate the thought, but I don't see how this could remotely work.
For one thing, Greenskins reproduce via spores.

And while there are Ogre Citizens, I don't see a Half Human, Half Ogre Happening in Ogre unless it's a Fringe Case (As amusing as it would for Karl Franz to Marry an Ogre Woman.).

0Send private message
0Send private message
23 days ago
Jul 12, 2024, 12:11:04 PM

New here? 

The TWWH series has been released for 7 years now.  Still talking about this? 

Imagine two undead or demons joined in marriage and then they have a child? That's horrible.

0Send private message
23 days ago
Jul 12, 2024, 12:22:14 PM

Ha ha calm down, I was only suggesting it for like humans and elves. Of course Greenskins or Daemons wouldn't work.

0Send private message
23 days ago
Jul 12, 2024, 12:57:58 PM

TheWattman#7460 wrote:

Ha ha calm down, I was only suggesting it for like humans and elves. Of course Greenskins or Daemons wouldn't work.

Everyone is calm mate. 

It just wouldn't make sense since Karl Franz will never die and forever be your ruler, so a family tree is pointless

Should Repanse be able to marry Alberic or Louen? Should Alarielle marry Alith Anar? Should Tyrion and Eltharion be able to marry each other? It is 2024 after all... /s

There are so many issues with this I don't even know where to start. 

0Send private message
23 days ago
Jul 12, 2024, 1:08:36 PM

Captain_Rex#1635 wrote:

Should Repanse be able to marry Alberic or Louen? Should Alarielle marry Alith Anar? Should Tyrion and Eltharion be able to marry each other? It is 2024 after all... /s

1. Louen is likely already married since he has Isabeau, but Alberic we don't have any family data on so sure.

2. You know who Alarielle has her eyes on.

3. To be correct, it is 2502 and I don't think they know of any alternative ways from alternative universes

0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
23 days ago
Jul 12, 2024, 2:20:55 PM

Naw, the best pairing is clearly Malakai and Malekith's mom.
The Psychotic Dwarf Engineer becomes Step-Father to the Druchii ruler.

0Send private message
23 days ago
Jul 12, 2024, 2:27:52 PM

WarbossAohd#6756 wrote:

Naw, the best pairing is clearly Malakai and Malekith's mom.
The Psychotic Dwarf Engineer becomes Step-Father to the Druchii ruler.

The idea of Malakai telling Malekith that he is his new stepdad with his scottisch accent is hillarious and I'm all here for it. 

0Send private message
0Send private message
23 days ago
Jul 12, 2024, 3:56:46 PM

SerPus#7395 wrote:
Can't wait to marry Katarin to Throt. Imagine how cute their kids will be.

Meeting up for secret liaisons in Praag...

It's not even that out of character for her.  Her last bo was a Daemon.

0Send private message
23 days ago
Jul 12, 2024, 4:00:15 PM

DarthEnderX-#6513 wrote:

SerPus#7395 wrote:
Can't wait to marry Katarin to Throt. Imagine how cute their kids will be.

Meeting up for secret liaisons in Praag...

It's not even that out of character for her.  Her last bo was a Daemon.

Nah Kata has a daddy complex and is simping hard for Vlad. 

0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment