A CA Request Thread — The Dawi

Copied to clipboard!
24 days ago
Jul 11, 2024, 2:32:05 PM

As I’m sure many of you are aware, CA certainly made clear in their most recent developer interview Q&A video how much they value community input, a fact I’m very pleased to hear. The passion and depth of knowledge this community has for Warhammer astounds me on a daily basis.

As such, I’m a major believer in providing constructive, organized requests to CA in hopes they can add in some or all items into TWWIII down the road. I definitely think there’s a significant difference between realistic and unrealistic items, and I prefer to give CA as much creative opportunity as possible, especially since they’ve proven time and time again their capability to produce incredibly unique content.

Anyway, the first race I’m focusing might actually need the least amount of work — The Dawi. I have three major points that I’d love to be added or retuned:

1) The Engineers Guild — Thus far, CA has done a solid job representing all the facets of Dawi society save for the all-important Engineers Guild, and I’d love to see an FLC or DLC flesh out that underrepresented area. A great LL choice would be either Grimm Burloksson or Burlok Damminsson, both great options with my personal preference being the former (who doesn’t appreciate a young upstart?), and the faction would slot in perfectly as an expeditionary force to retake Karak Azorn. Similar to Thorek, the player would receive an early opportunity to confederate Zhufbar, home of the Engineers Guild, potentially picking up the unused option between Grimm and Burlok with an attached unique trait (similar to Kazador). Notably, I’d argue the MOST crucial component of this DLC / FLC would be the generic lord — an Engineer Guildmaster. The lack of a ranged lord option for the Dawi has proven unnerving in my recent runs, especially after the excellent taste offered by Malakai. Ironically enough, the addition of all the slayer units plus an associated generic lord / hero has only bolstered my resolve, truly shows just how devastatingly fun themed armies are within the game.

2) Integrating Josef Bugman — I separated this point from the DLC / FLC because this needs to be reinforced — Josef Bugman would make a perfect legendary hero. As a roaming support character with a serious hate for greenskins, he slots in perfect for the race, and he should offer a much-needed buff to rangers. Every LL should have the ability to utilize him, and I think crafting him into a LL would be a bit of a waste…would mix in well with the Engineers Guild DLC, especially if he brings along a Brewmaster generic hero as well.

3) The Race for Karak Eight Peaks — I’ll note that this point spans three different LLs across three races, but I’d argue the most needs to be done with Belegar. The race for K8P has become beyond underwhelming, to the point that 99 percent of the time we never see a meeting between Belegar, Queek and Skarsnik…this needs to be adjusted. I’d argue that Belegar should be positioned closer as, right now, he gets so bogged down with Wood Elves, a hyper-aggressive Wurrzag and Skrag. My suggestion would be Barak Varr, but I know that’s a point of contention. I also think the disadvantages before K8P is retaken and the rewards for reclaiming the hold should be reworked entirely as well for all three LLs as well. 

I’d love to hear everyone’s thoughts on the topic, plus any additional suggestions…the Dawi feel so close to being complete, really looking forward to some future tweaks and maybe a sprinkling of new content.

0Send private message
24 days ago
Jul 11, 2024, 2:42:14 PM

Dwarf Engineer Pack

LL: Burlok Damminsson
LH: Grimm Burlokson
L: Engineer Guildmaster
H: Brewmaster
Prospectors w/ Steam Drills
Ironwardens w/ Drakefire Pistols

Thunderers w/ Crank Guns
Rune Golem
Shard Dragon

FLC:  Josef Bugman

0Send private message
24 days ago
Jul 11, 2024, 9:30:07 PM

DarthEnderX-#6513 wrote:

Dwarf Engineer Pack

Thunderers w/ Crank Guns
Rune Golem
Shard Dragon

the dream with hitting all the sixies, i overall liked recent dlc,  but one half of it was not as great as the other, al least now there is ranged lord

0Send private message
24 days ago
Jul 12, 2024, 1:07:16 AM

The more I think about it, Queen Helgar makes for the best LL because woman. Woman make your game more attractive, as proven by statistics. This series has a very limited design space for female characters due to the source material, so they should definitely pick her.

0Send private message
24 days ago
Jul 12, 2024, 2:17:45 AM

In my opinion, for the Dwarfs to be "done"..

Engineering

LL: Burlok Damminson 

LH: Grimm Burloksson 

Lord: Engineering Guildmaster 

Hero: Brewmaster 

Units: 

• Prospectors
  • Drakefire Pistols
  • Crankgunners 
  • Rune Guardian 
  • Steam-Powered Ancestor Engines

FLC: Bugman, w/ Bugman's cart mount

Runesmithing

LL: Kragg the Grim w/ stationary Anvil of Doom option

LH: Kraggi, Assistant at the Forge

Lord: Greatweapon Lords with Shieldbearer mount

Hero: Greatweapon Thane with Oathstone mount

Hero: Rune Priest

Units:

• Anvil Guards
  • Rune Golems
  • Shard Dragons
  • Gatekeepers (T5 elite Hammerer)
  • Greatbeards (T5 elite Longbeard)

FLC: Alrik Ranulfsson, Reworked Runeforge adding missing runes, reagents, and unique User Interface

Skulls Event FLC: Snorri Nosebitter

Dogs of War DLC: Captain Long Drong

Missing Lords Pack DLC: Kazador Thunderhorn

Updated 24 days ago.
0Send private message
24 days ago
Jul 12, 2024, 7:11:30 AM

I'm all for one more dwarf DLC with engineers! Not interested in Shard dragons though, ancestor engines seem better.

0Send private message
0Send private message
23 days ago
Jul 12, 2024, 5:12:34 PM

DarthEnderX-#6513 wrote:

Dwarf Engineer Pack

Thunderers w/ Crank Guns
Rune Golem
Shard Dragon

Just for my own curiosity, what factor puts Burlok over Grimm for the LL slot? I think both are great options, but I honestly felt like Grimm offered a bit more on that front.

All the units are pretty much exactly what I’d expect, save for maybe the shard dragon. Maybe another war machine to help the Dawi with their lack of any single entity threat?

0Send private message
23 days ago
Jul 12, 2024, 5:19:03 PM

Warfield#9043 wrote:

In my opinion, for the Dwarfs to be "done"..

Engineering

LL: Burlok Damminson 

LH: Grimm Burloksson 

Lord: Engineering Guildmaster 

Hero: Brewmaster 

Units: 

• Prospectors
  • Drakefire Pistols
  • Crankgunners 
  • Rune Guardian 
  • Steam-Powered Ancestor Engines

FLC: Bugman, w/ Bugman's cart mount

Runesmithing

LL: Kragg the Grim w/ stationary Anvil of Doom option

LH: Kraggi, Assistant at the Forge

Lord: Greatweapon Lords with Shieldbearer mount

Hero: Greatweapon Thane with Oathstone mount

Hero: Rune Priest

Units:

• Anvil Guards
  • Rune Golems
  • Shard Dragons
  • Gatekeepers (T5 elite Hammerer)
  • Greatbeards (T5 elite Longbeard)

FLC: Alrik Ranulfsson, Reworked Runeforge adding missing runes, reagents, and unique User Interface

Skulls Event FLC: Snorri Nosebitter

Dogs of War DLC: Captain Long Drong

Missing Lords Pack DLC: Kazador Thunderhorn

I’m certainly not against such a brilliant content dump for the Dawi, just not sure we’d ever get more than one more at this point.

I do think the shieldbearer mount will come along at some point as FLC similar to Katarin’s sled. I’ll note that the steam-powered ancestor engine would be epically cool as well.

How would consider combining those two DLC ideas if you could only have one? Would there be anything from the second you’d switch into the first if that were possible?

Also, just for my own personal curiosity, what makes you slot Burlok over Grimm for the LL slot? Mechanical arm? The father-son dynamic? Interested for your insight.

0Send private message
0Send private message
23 days ago
Jul 13, 2024, 4:11:38 AM

mcnuss93#3394 wrote:

The more I think about it, Queen Helgar makes for the best LL because woman. Woman make your game more attractive, as proven by statistics. This series has a very limited design space for female characters due to the source material, so they should definitely pick her.

If she has a glorious beard that makes Longbeards envious, then I approve.  Otherwise no.

0Send private message
22 days ago
Jul 13, 2024, 11:41:33 AM

Sandboxhead#8494 wrote:

mcnuss93#3394 wrote:

If she has a glorious beard that makes Longbeards envious, then I approve.  Otherwise no.

No, you would make her kinda cute to sell the DLC.

0Send private message
21 days ago
Jul 15, 2024, 7:35:49 AM

DarthEnderX-#6513 wrote:

Dwarf Engineer Pack

Thunderers w/ Crank Guns
Rune Golem
Shard Dragon

This, I, once again, approve. Give me a proper workshop mechanic!

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment