Markus Wulfhart Rework

Copied to clipboard!
24 days ago
Jul 11, 2024, 2:31:23 PM

put together a rough Design Document for what i would like to see in regards to a rework for my neglected boy wulfhart some day. wasn't sure what to do with it since i have no idea how to operate LUA, and can't mod it in myself, but hey, maybe a staff member will see this and nudge it towards the right people xP (forgive me if this isn't the appropriate topic, wasn't sure where to put it because of the context i made it under)

Updated 24 days ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message
24 days ago
Jul 11, 2024, 9:03:25 PM

dogoska#1535 wrote:

Markus needs fixing badly, Atleast Volkmar has some OP books.

agreed. his mandate thing is really cool, but feels SUPER underbaked for game 3 as it is

0Send private message
24 days ago
Jul 11, 2024, 9:44:10 PM

Here's a post I did elsewhere.

​​

Jarms48#7854 wrote:

Volkmar doesn't need much work at all. That's why I'm amazed they didn't tweak him in ToD. 

Volkmar:

- Needs to have his Elector Count State Troop unlocks removed from the books and put into the technology tree like Gelt and Elspeth. Having them tied to the books takes way too long and you can finish his campaign before unlocking them all (even before unlocking half of them). 

- His short and long victory conditions need to have the books added into them. It could be as simple as having sealed 1 book + his current short victory conditions win, then seal 5 books + his current long victory conditions to win.

- His AI should start with all the regions in the Land of the Dervishes province when not playing as him. He's dying nearly every game after CA changed his starting building from a barracks to a shrine of Sigmar. 

- He needs a secondary mechanic to give him something to do in the turns you're looking for the books. Ideally I'd have given him something like The Motherland mechanic that Kislev has, with a supporter race between the Cult of Sigmar and Cult of Ulric though that would have to wait for some kind of Ulric/Middenland DLC. 

- (Optional) The ability to return back to the Empire like Gelt can and give his territory back to the old Sudenburg minor faction

That's it. 3/5 of those are very small changes. He only needs some small changes and something to make his campaign less boring. 

Marcus:

- The Huntsmarshal's Expedition needs it's unique faction traits reworked. Currently 3/5 of them are just descriptions of their mechanics, 1/5 of them is a disadvantage, and only 1/5 of them is an actual advantage. 

- Marcus Wulfhart needs his unique campaign lord effects reworked. Half of them are just a buff to ambushing which the AI can't really do much against normally anyway, woodsmen is thematic but the only reason he has it is to make his starting war wagon unit be less frustrating in the dense forest maps of Lustria, then he's got his massive upkeep reduction for archers and huntsmen which is the most useful effect he has though it's too laser focused in that you pretty much only want an entire army of huntsmen (who have woodsmen anyway) because he also gives them double shots. I'd roll the 2 ambush traits into 1, remove woodsmen, and give him some kind of buff for spearmen/spearmen (shields)/halberdiers.  

- Imperial Supplies: Elector Count State Troops need to be removed from these, like Volkmar they take too long to get, and should instead be replaced with the new technology unlocks. There also needs to be some kind of counter added so you know how many times you've actually supported an elector. 

- Hostility needs to be better explained and let you know which territories to capture in order to stop it. The Lizardmen spawn should be more random. 

- Unique Hunters: I think they should be reworked to be more like Tamurkhan’s Chieftains. Their quest chains are still very buggy at the moment and they're really not that unique. The only difference they have between their generic counterparts is 1 unique skill and 1 unlockable unique trait at the end of their quest.

4/5 of those should be fairly simple. The most complicated one would be the Hunters rework. I'd also love to see Lustria's map expanded to look more like Eye of the Vortex. It's too cramped at the moment and the Huntsmarshal's Expedition feels too safe starting between Yuan Bo and Alberic.

0Send private message
0Send private message
22 days ago
Jul 13, 2024, 10:38:58 PM

Sagez#6761 wrote:

It's weird how CA buffed Alith Anar but forgot or ''forgot'' about Markus.

Markus is FAR stronger than Alith Anar. That free net carries a lot of weight.

Updated 22 days ago.
0Send private message
22 days ago
Jul 13, 2024, 10:41:13 PM

GreenColoured#3418 wrote:

Sagez#6761 wrote:

It's weird how CA buffed Alith Anar but forgot or ''forgot'' about Markus.

Markus is FAR stronger than Alith Anar.

Really? How? You mean campaign buffs and faction effects?

0Send private message
21 days ago
Jul 14, 2024, 7:03:03 PM

am also curious as to how, because the only way i can think of that would make him stronger is being able to essentially spawn a small army on the spot late game, and the 100% ambush chance with the unique heroes. but you can only do the army thing once, and he doesn't have stalk so the ambush thing is a super passive ability. everything else that would make him arguably more powerful is not actually unique to him but is just standard empire stuff.

0Send private message
19 days ago
Jul 17, 2024, 9:04:06 AM

Give me a new Ogre Hunter Hero for Markus. Maybe also a Cathayan Alchemist exploring Lustria.

Once DoW drop it would also be nice of Markus would get an Amazon Priestess Hero with a loreful backstory. 

0Send private message
18 days ago
Jul 18, 2024, 5:19:25 AM

Sagez#6761 wrote:

They're talking about his Hunter's Snare ability being OP. Though I don't think that prevents Markus' faction from getting reworked. 

0Send private message
17 days ago
Jul 18, 2024, 10:14:29 AM

Jarms48#7854 wrote:

Sagez#6761 wrote:

They're talking about his Hunter's Snare ability being OP. Though I don't think that prevents Markus' faction from getting reworked. 

Probably. Markus is damn slow at killing.

0Send private message
17 days ago
Jul 18, 2024, 12:42:16 PM

​​

KiteKaze#9211 wrote:

You got good points, I'd give additional things:

Volkmar now requires level 15 to use Soulfire. This is huge huge huge nerf when he supposed to carry at early stage of campaign.

Volkmar skill tree is nowhere as good as Ungrim, despite they're both Cult leader.

There are only flagellant and Warrior Priest as sigmarite unit, when Empire is famous for their faith.

Markus unique hero is no better than regular one, especially Hertwig Van Hal. Take a look at his tree. Sigmar's Will and Purifying Flame give the same bonus. Kalara and Rudrik are not better.

Markus support from homeland is THE WORST. Do any of us remember Forge of Daith when it came out? Markus suffer the same: He has no UI for homeland support, you can quickly forget how much you give support for a state. Also it takes forever to get 1 State Troop unit.

Markus is the only one do not access to the Bordermen(Marienburg) and Knight of Morr(Sylvania). They are not state, thus they do not give State Unit.

Markus's Hellblaster Wagon is obsolete after Hellblaster Steam Tank arrives, and still limit to SINGLE UNIT as RoR.  

Markus's faction trait is depressing. -40 to lizardmen when other two LL (Alberic & Yuan Bo) do not suffer. +3 Huntmen General is useless when clearly Master Engineer is way better.
And the hostility level is just straight up make all player's melee units useless. +25% weapon strength to all enemy is despicable.

0Send private message
11 days ago
Jul 25, 2024, 5:21:49 AM

At this point I really hope when CA says they're going to focus on "Legacy Content" they're going to go back and add content to previous DLC's for re-release. Like how Paradox goes back and updates old DLC's. That way players who already own them get additional content for free, and it allows CA to increase the price to reflect the additional value added to fund those factions reworks.

The more I think about it, the more I kinda feel like Hostility should just apply to all non-Lizardmen races in Lustria to make that area feel more threatening. Kinda like how any Empire faction owning a province in the Empire unlocks Imperial Authority now. Just get rid of all the army debuffs associated with it. 

Updated 11 days ago.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment