Discussion on the leaks for future content (Potential of 'Culture Packs/Mini-Race' Packs)

Copied to clipboard!
3 months ago
Jun 8, 2024, 3:17:01 PM
I've created a Reddit thread on the current leaks as I found them interesting when compared to previous leaks and especially on the potential/discussion that they've created (there are negatives which are discussed).
https://old.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/1db4vnd/discussion_on_the_leaks_for_future_content/

They could be complete nonsense or just a fraction of future content but who knows. Regardless, these packs like the Tigermen and Monkey King pack could be used as 'Culture Packs/Mini-Race' Packs that not only serve as standalone content but also add to other races at the same time. If I take some brief examples:
  • Fimir-Mòna Mimn (LL), Meargh (Lord), Fimm Noble (Hero), Fianna Fimm and Shearls. This could be a standalone Fimir army but also give Norsca and Hybrasille/Albion new units as well.
  • Gnoblar Hordes-Great-King-Lord Bezer (LL), Gnoblar Head Honcho (Lord), Gnoblar Honcho (Hero), Woodbellies, Gnoblar Manbiters, Gnoblar Pigback Riders, Flingers, etc. Standalone Gnoblar army but also benefits Ogre Kingdoms.

There is also another section that discusses all the current/released races (Khorne and Slaanesh included). This could allow CA/GW to create content faster with less risk (would be smaller but more compact). Discuss below and gives me your own ideas on this. 

0Send private message
3 months ago
Jun 9, 2024, 2:26:51 AM

Completely ignoring the specific races and cultures that could have something like this applied to them for the moment; it's another way to tell interesting stories. Were they on the verge of extinction, and this was their best (or last) option? Are they patiently (secretly) waiting for the opportunity to strike from within and claim these unsuspecting fool's kingdom for themselves? Did their nation fragment and strikeout in multiple directions while taking their culture with them? Have they forsaken their old traditions and embraced a new culture? Are they considered traitors by those that didn't join them -- or even the society that they have become a part of? 

0Send private message
3 months ago
Jun 10, 2024, 4:14:09 PM

Funzo#7954 wrote:

Completely ignoring the specific races and cultures that could have something like this applied to them for the moment; it's another way to tell interesting stories. Were they on the verge of extinction, and this was their best (or last) option? Are they patiently (secretly) waiting for the opportunity to strike from within and claim these unsuspecting fool's kingdom for themselves? Did their nation fragment and strikeout in multiple directions while taking their culture with them? Have they forsaken their old traditions and embraced a new culture? Are they considered traitors by those that didn't join them -- or even the society that they have become a part of? 

I would not overthink it like that. Some of these candidates for a mini-race pack deserve a full race pack (this mini pack is just a decent way to start them). Others like Fimir , Cult of Ulric, Jade-Blooded, Mousillon, etc only need a Culture Pack to add them or finish them. 

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment